| Updated 09 September 2015 | Posted in
Spain, Top Lists, Destinations, Inspirations
It’s not all about beaches and cheap booze...
1. There’s a music festival in April, and it’s in a water park.
2. It’s one of the best places on earth to see whales and dolphins.
3. It’s a VAT free island – great news for smokers and drinkers!
4. Almost half the island is protected by national parks – it’s not as overrun by hotels and tourists as you’d think.
Picture: Richard Waters Photography
5. It snows in the winter – Tenerife is commonly known for its winter sun but the locals look forward to a sprinkling of snow on Mount Teide.
6. And you can take a cable car up to the summit of Mount Teide (a dormant volcano) in the summer.
7. There are ancient pyramids… and mummies. The Pyramids of Güímar to be precise.
9. And there is a museum dedicated to dolls.
Artlanya Doll Museum consistently gets great reviews and the chap that runs it is a real character.
10. The island’s Carnaval celebrations are second only to Rio.
11. You can hang out with monkeys at the Monkey Park in Los Cristianos.
Look at that cheeky face!
12. Visit La Cueva Del Viento and you can walk through tunnels formed by lava.
13. The Beatles visited Tenerife before they made it big-time.
Picture: DailyMail If you've been pleasantly surprised by the range of things to do in Tenerife, besides lying on the beach or trying a water-sport, then what are you waiting for?! Book a villa or apartment in Tenerife with Clickstay...
Casa Carmela - Golf del Sur, Tenerife
La Quinta - Amarilla Golf, Tenerife
Alamos Park - Golf del Sur, Tenerife