Enjoy a laid-back holiday by the Warm Coast, with our rentals in Los Alcazares
Holiday in Los Alcazares and revel in the beauty of Mar Menor and its authentic charm, leisure and golf
Villas, apartments and holiday homes for rent in Los Alcazares
The coastal spa town of Los Alcazares is nestled between lively San Javier to the east and low-key Punta Brava to the west, in the Region of Murcia’s Costa Calida, in the southern corner of Spain. Gently caressed by the warm waters of Mar Menor, revel in over 7km of coastline, stretching from Los Narejos to Punta Brava, with a backdrop of a palm-fringed promenade lively with shops, traditional tapas bars and restaurants. Boasting wonderful stretches of fine sand, crystal clear waters, modern amenities and play areas, the local beaches of Carrion, Manzanares, Las Palmeras and El Espejo are a firm favourite with families and sun-worshippers alike,.A paradise for water sports, La Concha and Los Narejos offer ideal spots for sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, kite surfing or speed boating. Less than a 10 minute drive from Los Alcazares, laze the day away, away from the crowds on Las Salinas beach.
Away from the coast, sightseeing hotspots include the Municipal Aeronautica Museum is the perfect place to admire one of Spain’s finest military aviation collections, while Los Narejos is home to nearly 2,000 year-old pools. A holiday in Los Alcazares wouldn’t be complete without golf; practice your swing at nearby Roda Golf Club House, La Serena Golf and Mar Menor Golf Village, with modern courses catering for beginners and experts alike. A boat trip to the tiny island of Perdiguera offers great fun for the whole family; have a cooling dip in the crystal-clear waters and indulge in traditional Spanish delicacies.
- A direct flight from the UK to Murcia-San Javier airport takes approx. 2.5 hours, with a less than 10 minute drive to Los Alcazares.
- July and August are the hottest months with average daytime highs of 30°C. Winters are mild with highs of 18°C in January and February.
- The average sea temperature in summer ranges from 22 to 24°C.
- There are three excellent golf courses nearby; Roda Golf Club House, La Serena Golf and Mar Menor Golf Village.
- The historic military air base at the southern end of town was used for location filming for the 'Green Zone' movie featuring Matt Damon, Greg Kinnear and Jason Isaacs.
Los Alcázares apartments and villas
Check out our apartments and villas in Los Alcázares, Spain