Villas in L'Escala
Our 10 best villas in L'Escala
Check out our best villas in L'Escala.
Villas in L'Escala with private pools
Enjoy the space and privacy of a villa with a private pool.
Cheap villas in L'Escala
Rent one of our cheapest villas in L'Escala for a low cost holiday.
Reviews of our villas in L'Escala
We have 55 reviews of our villas in L'Escala.
Nice house and big enough for 6 adults and 3 children including a baby. Nice garden and beautiful beach at the end of the street. Effective and useful reversible air conditioning. Note: no oven in the kitchen. It was necessary to air the house however an unpleasant stale smell remains in the first room. Interhome agents very kind and professional.Read more
No unpleasant surprises. Villa corresponding to the announcement. Functional. Calm neighborhood . A medium distance downtown and beach. Communal pool Very clean. Interhome agency staff very helpful and good advice. Not disappointed. To recommend highly. As far as we are concerned, to redo just missing a connection wifi..jRead more
Small comfortable house, and well placed next to the beaches of Empuries. Beautiful terrace overlooking the sea on the top floor and small practical courtyard. It's a pity that there are some basic equipment missing: washing machine, (dishwasher), air conditioning. The staffing is pretty basic, and the pillows were of poor quality. The neighbors quite confusing (owners). No wifi available.Read more
The only drawback is the house is semi-detached and poorly soundproofed. We hear the sound of the shower, the steps in the stairs of the occupants of the terraced house. Too bad otherwise the service is excellentRead more
Very nice spacious house close to the sea well equipped despite some problems (faucet of the kitchen poorly set and that of the toilet down, coffee too small and working poorly). Shops nearby with traders available and very friendly. We had a great timeRead more
We were the third time in this area, cottage was for 4 adults and 3 children completely adequate, good facilities and especially clean! Very well maintained and closed property; for the 3 grandchildren after the beach visit the garden shower was the hit!Read more
Villas for rent in L'Escala
Nestled between the southern end of the Gulf of Roses and sun-drenched Montgo bay on the Costa Brava, L’Escala is a town and district in the Alt Emporda region of Catalonia’s Girona Province, on Spain’s east coast. Boasting more than 7km of coastline, from vast stretches of fine sand and tiny pebble coves, to the sheer rock faces and pine-fringed bays, find your own little slice of coastal heaven in L’Escala, with a Clickstay home from home. Make your holiday memorable, sunbathing and swimming next to ancient Greek and Roman ruins on Moll Grec beach, or unwind on the family-friendly beaches of Riells, La Platja, Montgo and Portixol. Hidden away to the north, Riuet and Les Muscleres are a windsurfer’s paradise, but if you’re after the ultimate beach retreat away from it all then Pedrigolet is the perfect option.
Perfect for a laid-back day unwinding by the coast, discover the sandy beaches of Riells, La Platja, Montgo and Portitxol, with a backdrop of promenades lively with bars, restaurants and shops. People watch, sunbathe or simply bask in the Mediterranean sun while enjoying the crystal clear waters, play areas, modern facilities and water sports galore. None of the Costa Brava's beaches combine fun and history like Moll Grec in the quaint village of Sant Marti d'Empuries. Home to a picturesque fishing quarter, laze the day away from the main crowds at La Creu beach, but if the ultimate beach retreat is what you're after, then Pedrigolet is the perfect option. To the north of L'Escala, you'll find the tranquil beaches of Les Muscleres, Riuet and Rec Del Moli, with ideal conditions for water sports.
Away from the coast, discover remnants of L'Escala's interesting past with a stroll around its busy historic centre, home to the 18th century Baroque St. Peter's Church, the Anchovy and Salt Museum and old sailors' cemetery, worth a visit. Come sundown, take in the authentic atmosphere at one of the many bars and restaurants at La Platja square and treat yourself to the delicious local specialty, tapas with anchovies. Outdoor enthusiasts will love a relaxing coastal stroll to the quaint village of Sant Marti d'Empuries, housing the Archaeology Museum of Catalonia, where you can admire its famous Greek and Roman ruins. Besides hiking and walking, bike hire is an ideal way to explore with the whole family the pristine countryside with a beautiful backdrop of hidden beaches, coves and rocky cliffs.
There's more to L'Escala than beaches and sun; with a wealth of leisure activities, traditional festivals, customs and nature reserves at its doorstep, L'Escala is the ideal destination to enjoy a laid-back holiday by the coast. Take memories home with you with family boat trips around the coast and try your hand at kayaking, paddle surfing, snorkeling or sailing. There's nothing like taking a dive at one of the virgin beaches of Montgri Natural Park, with a stunning view of the Medes Islands in the background. A paradise off the Costa Brava's coast, they are the most popular scuba diving destination in the area.
Key holiday info
- With a 40 minute drive from L'Escala, Girona-Costa Brava is the nearest airport with direct flights from the UK and mainland Europe taking just over 2 hours.
- The hottest months are July and August with highs of 30°C. The coldest months are January and February with average highs of 14°C.
- The average sea temperature in summer is 24°C.
- The Greek and Roman ruins of Empuries in the tiny village of Sant Marti d'Empuries are one of the most important archaeological sites in Catalonia.
- Family-friendly Cala Montgo beach was awarded Blue Flag status for cleanliness and safety.
- Only 10 minutes from L'Escala's town centre, Montgri, together with the Medes Islands and Baix Ter were declared natural parks in 2010.
Did you know...
- The promenade that runs alongside Riells beach is dedicated to the book of the Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
- The Gulf of Roses is one of the most beautiful bays in the world according to UNESCO.
- Only a couple of minutes off the coast in front of L'Estartit beach, the Medes Islands have been a protected marine reserve since 1983.
- Indulge your passion for running by taking part in thr Empuries Marathon, or go on a guided tour of the area's main attractions from L'Escala's port.
- For a unique holiday experience in L'Escala, take one of the hot-air balloon rides and enjoy the stunning views of the sun-drenched Costa Brava and sparkling Mediterranean.