Guardamar del Segura villas and apartments
Check out our villas and apartments in Guardamar del Segura, Spain
Explore Guardamar del Segura holiday lettings
About Guardamar del Segura
Villas and holiday homes for rent in Guadarmar del Segura
Nestled at the mouth of the Segura River, between Torrevieja and Santa Pola, Guadarmar del Segura (or 'Guardian of the Sea') as it's known is Spanish, is a district in Alicante Province with a population of just over 11,000. It lies in the Costa Blanca's south on a hill over the Vega Baja, with a diverse landscape of sand dunes, pine forests and eucalyptus. Discover over 12km of coastline with a year-round Mediterranean climate, an abundance of water sports and a long stretch of high street where you can find everything from restaurants to shops and a bustling traditional market scene. The marina is part of the Corredor Verde del Guadamar cycling route, which runs along the Guadiamar River, where you can enjoy scenic views of the coast and landscape. The route is also located next to two beautiful parks; Reina Sofia and Alfonso XIII. Enjoy a camel ride along the coast, take a tour to the San Antonio Windmill or sit back and relax on one of the many Blue Flag beaches. Follow the wooden walkway through the dunes to the port and enjoy a refreshing dip with the family along the way. For more choices, the fine sands and salt lakes of Santa Pola are just a 20 minute drive away. Discover rentals in the heart of it all; villas with private pools and sea views, to family-friendly apartments walking distance from the golden sand beaches, shops and local amenities.
- A direct flight from Alicante Airport takes approx. 2.5 hrs, with a 45 min drive from the airport.
- Guardamar enjoys a beautiful micro climate. August is the hottest month with an average temperature of 27°C.
- The average sea temperature in summer is 26°C.
- Guardarmar del Segura is surrounded by 2 beautiful salt lakes which form an official Spanish nature reserve.
- Market day is every Wednesday morning. Don't miss El Passo's 'Lemon Tree Market', with over 500 stalls!