8 Reasons To Holiday In Beautiful Benalmádena
Benalmádena is a town in Andalusia, Southern Spain - 12km from Malaga on the Costa del Sol. This small area attracts a huge amount of tourists all year round with its balmy average temperature of 19 degrees celsius. From nature parks to Buddhist temples, we give our reasons why Benalmádena makes a glorious sunny Spanish holiday...
1. Take a picnic in Parque de la Paloma
You can relax to the max under the shade of the trees in the award-winning, free-entry park. There is a climbing and activity centre, and pens with Emus and Mountain Goats to keep the kids occupied too!
2. Get spiritual at the Stupa
The 33 metre high Benalmádena Stupa is the highest in Europe. It represents peace, prosperity and harmony, and it's a great place for meditation, free from the stresses of home and the touristy areas of Benalmádena. The treasure chambers inside include 6000 Buddha-reliefs made out of clay, half a ton of Buddhist prayer flags, and the complete teachings of Buddha Shakyamuni.
3. See the most spectacular views from Teleferico Benalmádena
The cable car takes about 20 minutes to glide up to the summit of Mount Calamorro, where you can watch falconry displays or take a walk through the flora and fauna back down to the coast.
4. You can take a leisurely stroll through the Old Town
Look how beautiful it is!
5. Soak up some history at the fairy-tale like Castillo de Colomares
It costs just a couple of euros to have a look around.
6. Rediscover your inner child at Tivoli World
It's not the most advanced theme park but it's fun for all the family...
7. Visit Europe's best butterfly park, located inside a Thai-style temple
You can see over 1,500 exotic butterflies from around the world, flying freely between waterfalls and flowers.
8. There are beaches like this one to spend the day at...
The Costa del Sol is famous for its white sandy beaches. Try Carvajal Beach with the family and Benalnatura if you like to get an all over tan... if you get me.