8 Reasons To Holiday In Beautiful Benalmádena
1. Take a picnic in Parque de la Paloma
You can relax to the max under the shade of the trees in the award-winning, free-entry park. There is a climbing and activity centre, and pens with Emus and Mountain Goats to keep the kids occupied too!
2. Get spiritual at the Stupa
The 33-metre high Benalmádena Stupa is the highest in Europe. It represents peace, prosperity and harmony, and it's a great place for meditation, free from the stresses of home and the touristy areas of Benalmádena. The treasure chambers inside include 6000 Buddha-reliefs made out of clay, half a ton of Buddhist prayer flags, and the complete teachings of Buddha Shakyamuni.
3. See the most spectacular views from Teleferico Benalmádena
The cable car takes about 20 minutes to glide up to the summit of Mount Calamorro, where you can watch falconry displays or take a walk through the flora and fauna back down to the coast.
4. You can take a leisurely stroll through the Old Town
One of the more relaxing things to do in Benalmádena - look how beautiful it is!
5. Soak up some history at the fairy-tale like Castillo de Colomares
It costs just a couple of euros to have a look around, and is one of the best things you can do for both adults and kids in Benalmádena.
6. Rediscover your inner child at Tivoli World
If you are looking for a theme park in Benalmádena, well, this isn't the most advanced one in the world but it's fun for all the family!
7. Visit Europe's best butterfly park, located inside a Thai-style temple
You can see over 1,500 exotic butterflies from around the world, flying freely between waterfalls and flowers.
8. There are beaches like this one to spend the day at...
Of course you want to go to the beach in Benalmádena; the Costa del Sol is famous for its white sandy beaches. Try Carvajal Beach with the family and Benalnatura if you like to get an all over tan... if you get me.
If this post has got you desperate for an escape to Southern Spain and full of excitement for all the things to do in Benalmádena then take a look at our apartments in Benalmadena.