Puerto Rico apartments
Check out our apartments in Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
About Puerto Rico
Apartments and holiday rentals in Puerto Rico
Renowned for being the sunniest spot on the island, Puerto Rico is nestled between the steep slopes of a volcanic valley in Mogan district, on the southwest coast of Spain's Gran Canaria. Boasting wonderful stretches of golden sand, upscale marinas, a wealth of leisure activities, excellent gastronomy and upscale shopping centres, the bustling resort of Puerto Rico is a favourite with families and sun-worshippers alike. Backed by promenades lively with bars and restaurants, enjoy the family-friendly beaches of Amadores and Puerto Rico. The fine golden sand, crystal clear waters, modern amenities, play areas and water sports galore, make for the perfect laid-back Canarian escape. Set in a lush tropical garden with exotic plants and flowers, enjoy a refreshing dip at one of the public swimming pool just behind Puerto Rico beach. A 10 minute walk from here, Puerto Rico Shopping Centre is the beating heart of the resort's nightlife and shopping scene, with more than 100 stores and dozens of lively pubs and clubs. Indulge in tasty tapas and seafood and hit the bars for colourful cocktails and a few sangrias!
Puerto Rico is more than just sun and beaches; here you'll find a wealth of water sports activities, from jet skiing, sailing and diving to big-game fishing and windsurfing. Discover the rich underwater life with pleasure boat trips along the coast, go dolphin-watching or enjoy a trip in glass-bottomed boats. For those who like to stay active on their holidays, Gran Canaria has a handful of excursions to enjoy, as well as horse riding treks, boat trips, mini golf, cruises, jeep safari and surfing, keeping all ages entertained. Only 10 minutes away by car, kids will love a visit to Lago Taurito Water Park, Angry Birds-themed amusement park and Sioux City in San Agustin, a theme park built on the site of a wild west movie set!
- Direct flights from the UK to Gran Canaria Airport take approx. 4hrs 20mins, with about a 30 min drive from the airport to Puerto Rico.
- Puerto Rico enjoys pleasant weather all year round. With daytime highs of 29°C, August is the hottest month, while January is the coldest month with highs of 21°C.
- The average sea temperature in summer is 22°C.
- Amadores beach has been awarded a Blue Flag for cleanliness and safety.
- A 10 minute drive from Puerto Rico, Lago Taurito is the only seawater water park in the whole of Gran Canaria.