Our 10 best villas and apartments in La Gomera
Check out our best villas and apartments in La Gomera.
Cheap villas and apartments in La Gomera
Rent one of our cheapest villas and apartments in La Gomera for a low cost holiday.
Luxury holiday home and boat rentals in La Gomera, Canary Islands
La Gomera is the dark horse of the Canarian archipelago family, relatively quiet and overshadowed by Tenerife when it comes to tourism. This small island has a big personality, and like the rest of the Canaries, boasts its own unique qualities. A nature lover’s paradise, the beautiful terrain is not to be tread lightly, with 650km of perilous hiking trails revealing breath-taking views of the laurel forest, mountainous landscape and volcanic sites only reachable by foot. The volcanic landscape boasts stunning black sand beaches; a contrast to the golden or white coasts of the Balearics and mainland Spain. They're clean, quiet and ideal for families who aren’t looking for beach bars and busy crowds. Also, the pleasant Canarian climate means La Gomera is the perfect year-round holiday destination.
Discover the island’s charming traditions, such as Siblo Gomero, the region's whistling language. It originated here centuries ago as a means of communication for navigating the island's perilous terrain. After exploring the cultural sites like San Sebastian Church or the Archaeological Museum of La Gomera, why not sign up for a lesson or two to learn the basics of Siblo Gomero! La Gomera offers many places to eat, however, the restaurant that sticks out is far from the usual fine dining experience! Restaurant Mirador de Abrante towers above the southern town of Agulo. Try the glass-floored sky walk first, followed by delicious gastronomy from the restaurant's mouth-watering menu!
Key holiday info
- While direct flights from the UK may be available once or twice a year, you can get a connecting flight via Tenerife, which is a just over 4 hour flight.
- With regular flights and ferries between the Canaries, why not island hop and explore all they have to offer. Ferries are also available from Mazagón, Spain, stopping at Tenerife before continuing to La Gomera.
- August is the hottest month with highs of 27°C.
- September and October have the warmest sea temperatures, with an average of 24°C.
- Become one with nature at Garajonay National Park - a dense and humid forest with an enchanting misty atmosphere.