On the beach & ocean view. One bedroom, two full bathrooms.Two pools & restaurant bar. Fully equipped kitchen and 10ft terrace. The Marina, shopping and golf are within minutes from Peninsula resort.
Sun Alcove Ixtapa
Minimum 5 night (weekday) stay. Long term Bookings enjoy discounts and extra perks: Contact me and I will give you all the information and answer your questions.
SUN ALCOVE on the beach of El Palmar. Unique location in IXTAPA with breathtaking views of not only the Pacific but also of the Marina. This one of a kind suite is the ideal destination for couples or solo travelers looking for the authentic Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo experience. It features an open concept studio with a Queen size bed, two full bathrooms and fully equipped kitchen.
You also get direct access to the two huge lap/leisure pools located steps from the beach. Steps from this condominium is the Marina restaurants and convenience stores. Only a 5" minute bus ride to downtown Ixtapa and you can find curious shops and many more restaurants. Treat yourself to a cab ride into Zihuatanejo fishing town for shopping at some of the major shopping markets, SAMS club, “Bodega” (Aurrera) and others. Treat yourself to all Zihuatanejo has to offer. We look forward to having you stay with us!
This one of a kind suite condo is the ideal destination for couples or solo travelers looking for the authentic Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo experience. Condo features an open concept 1 bedroom-studio. Two full bathrooms. A fully equipped kitchen with ocean views make this activity a sheer pleasure.
Things to see and do:
18-hole Marina Ixtapa Golf Course
18-hole Palma Real Campo de Golf (our favorite)
Marina Ixtapa Restaurants & Boutiques
El Palmar Beach
Parasailing, Boogie Boarding
Hobiecat & Wave Runner Rentals
Snorkeling & Scuba Diving
Tennis Courts & Workout Gyms
Night Clubs & Discos
Water Theme Park
5+ Miles of Running/Bike Path
A beautiful and quickly growing city located 3 miles away from Ixtapa
Shopping for local authentic Arts & Crafts
See Fishermen Bring in the Day's Catch
Stroll Along the picturesque Waterfront
Take a Water-Taxi to Las Gatas Beach
Visit La Ropa Beach for Lunch
(within 45 minutes driving)
Playa Quieta & Playa Linda Beaches
Playa Larga & Barra de Potos & Beaches
Playa Troncones (fantastic surfing)
Petatlán w/Church of Miracles & Gold Market
Archaeological Ruins at "Soledad de Maciel"
Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo is a Mexican Riviera cruise port and the 4th-largest city in mexico's Guerrero State. The city covers a total area of approx. 10 km2 (4 ml2) and has population around 65,000.
• Politically, the city belongs to Zihuatanejo de Azueta municipality (in Guerrero's western part). It is located on the Pacific ocean coast, approx. 240 km (150 ml) northwest of Acapulco. The city belongs to a section of Mexican Riviera commonly known as Costa Grande. Zihuatanejo has been developed as tourist attraction along with the resort town Ixtapa, located just 5 km (3 ml) away.
• Costa Grande's Archeological Museum is at the southern end of the municipal beach and has 6 rooms that document the culture, archeology and history of this part of Guerrero's coast.
• The main attraction of Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo is its bay - well-protected from open sea and a favorite place to moor luxury yachts and other boats during winter months. The bay is surrounded by beautiful beaches and the hills of Sierra Madre mountains.
• Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo region's development has caused some environmental problems. The 5 water treatment plants no longer keep up with sewage demand. Some sediment and untreated wastewater flow into the bay. There is a concern about damaging the coral reef. Some development projects (for building villas, hotels, swimming pools, boat marina, a cruise ship pire) have been delayed because of the need for environmental impact studies.
• On land, Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo can be reached by highway, bus and air (served by the Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo International Airport). Regularly scheduled domestic flights are offered from Mexico City and a number of provincial cities. International flights are opereted from Canada and the USA.
• The number of cruises to Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo steadily increases. The port has become a major cruise travel destination mainly due to its perfect beaches. It is also famous for the catamaran tours themed as sunset cruises. Snorkeling and spinnaker flying (sailing) are also offered.
The port is used mainly by fishermen who arrive every morning to the docks with their catch, "pangas", and other vessels which ferry passengers to fishing charters and places like Las Gatas beach. There is also cruise ship greeting area for passenger who want to see the town. A major draw is sport fishing. Yearly, on May's first weekend, Zihuatanejo hosts the International Sailfish Tournament.
Enjoy access to the resort’s two huge pools located steps from Palmar beach. Take a stroll to the Marina’s restaurants. Condo is a 5" minute bus ride to downtown Ixtapa where you can find curious shops and many more restaurants. Treat yourself to a cab ride into the fishing town of Zihuatanejo for curious shopping and markets such as: Sams club, Bodega Aurrera and others. Treat yourself to all that Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo have to offer. Then get out of town to visit Las Gatas island, Troncones surfers paradise, play golf and more!
We look forward to having you as our guests.