7 Ways To Channel Your Inner Hippie in Lanzarote
Lanzarote is, without a doubt, THE hippest island in the Canaries right now. Its dramatic natural landscape and laid-back lifestyle is attracting eco-travellers, hippies, surfers and yogis from all over the planet. Here's why...
1. Eat Vegetarian and Vegan at the Blooming Cactus Restaurant in Puerto del Carmen
Enjoy tapas with a conscience at this wonderful eatery, located near the harbour in Puerto del Carmen. The head chef, Tracey Thanopoulos, has brought her Greek heritage to the forefront of the menu with delicious results.
2. Go on a spiritual walk through the natural, volcanic landscape with Olita Walks
The beautiful barren, almost moon-like, landscape of Lanzarote is perfect for clearing your head and reflecting on the wonders of the world.
3. Take a yoga class
Your body is a temple.
4. Get a massage inside a Yurt
Try Casa El Morro for this.
5. Buy some hippie clothing from Teguise market
Harem trousers for days...
6. Stroll around the ultimate spiritual shop, Emporium in Teguise, and take in the smell of incense
Buy a kite to fly in the strong Canary Island breezes, a hammock to relax in, or some crystals to aid your spiritual health...
7. Soak up the calming ambience of the Jameos del Agua
Meditate in this stunning cave and watch the effervescent crabs glowing in the water...
If this post has got you yearning for a holiday where you can reconnect with the earth, destress the mind, and relax the body then take a look at our villas in Lanzarote...