11 Reasons Why You Must Visit Bulgaria Now
Bulgaria. Perhaps not the first destination you think of for a beach holiday, or a ski holiday. But we LOVE it, not least because you can get a pint of beer for less than £1... It's still relatively untouched by tourists, so get there before the crowds beat you to it.
1. It's super cheap
Find beautiful villas with luxury swimming pools for as little as £120 for a week with Clickstay.
2. A pint of local lager from the beach bar goes for about 70p
3. It’s still a bit of a secret…
Tourists have not yet engulfed the country, so you can really find peace and quiet you've been craving!
4. There’s plenty of history to take in
Make a trip to Rila Monastery or the Roman Theatre in Plovdiv to experience some of its best!
5. Hit the slopes at Bankso, Borovets or Pamprovo
Still relatively hidden, the ski resorts are top-class, they get lots of fresh powder, and the slopes aren't crowded.
6. The scenery is stunning…
These are the Seven Rila Lakes providing one of Europe's most glorious views.
7. The beaches look like this…
8. Except Sunny Beach which looks like this – a party animal's heaven
9. In the summer the temperature is likely to be 30°C or above!
10. The capital city of Sofia is overflowing with art and culture...
11. And St. Alexander Nevksky Cathedral is truly breathtaking...