Villa with 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and private pool in Pollensa, Majorca
From £918 per week
Villa to rent in Pollensa, Majorca
Villa in Pollensa, Mallorca, with pool and jacuzzi-children pool, arranged over two floors, the villa is light and airy and offers a good deal of space and comfort for a relaxing holiday
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
Pollença is a town and municipality situated in the far north corner of the island of Majorca, near Cap de Formentor and Alcúdia. It lies about 6 km west of its port, Port de Pollença.
Archaeological remains indicate that humans occupied the area of Pollenca in pre-Talayotic times (2000-1500BC). The Romans conquered Mallorca in 123 BC and whilst there are important remains in nearby Alcudia (where the Romans based themselves) there are no ruins left in Pollenca.
Any settlement on the current site of Pollenca was likely destroyed by the marauding Vandals in the 5th century and it was not until the Moors arrived in the 12th century that the town as we know it today was formed. The Moors built irrigation systems for agriculture which allowed the village to prosper. A tombstone from this period can be seen in the Museum of Mallorca in Palma.
Pollenca began to grow once the Chrsitians under Jaume I conquered Majorca. The King ceded this area to the Templars, who were at this time very powerful. Pollenca flourished until the Black Death ravaged the town in 1348. Poor harvests followed and Pollenca fell from being an important outpost with triumphal monuments and a university, to a typical Mallorcan medieval village.
During the 16th century, the coast to the north of Pollenca suffered repeated attacks from pirates, who would frequently raid inland aswell. These pirate attacks are commemorated each year on 2nd August where battle re-enactments, fireworks and concerts see the town come alive.
Towards the end of the 16th century, the Dominicans (a Catholic religious order) settled in Pollenca and with them started the construction of grand houses and the introduction of Guilds. The construction of a dock at the Port de Pollenca in 1830 allowed greater trading and helped create more wealth for the town.
The end of the 19th century saw the start of an artistic influx. Michael Costa llobera, a Catalan poet, and other esteemed painters, musicians and historians all descended on Pollenca, and this artistic tradition continues today. The 20th century saw the growth of tourism as a revenue stream for the area, and craft industries such as shoe-making, carpet factories and raffia products established themselves. Agriculture remained the most important employment area of the town until the 1960's when the tourism boom struck the coastal areas.
This villa has 1 verified review.
1 out of 1 people recommend staying here
This villa is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this villa in Pollensa, MajorcaThis villa is in a village and in a quiet area near the mountains. It has a pool, a balcony, a barbecue and a garden. Car hire is necessary as the renter will need a car to get about for shopping, eating out and the beach; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
Updated 18 November 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 22 May - 1 September 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 2 September - 30 November 2019: the minimum stay is 6 nights.
- 1 December 2019 - 23 March 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 24 March - 30 June 2020: the minimum stay is 6 nights.
- 1 July - 17 July 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 18 July - 14 August 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 15 August - 17 August 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 18 August - 5 September 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 6 September - 31 October 2020: the minimum stay is 6 nights.
- 1 November 2020 - 23 March 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 24 March - 30 April 2021: the minimum stay is 6 nights.
- 1 May - 1 September 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 2 September - 30 November 2021: the minimum stay is 6 nights.
- 1 December 2021 - 23 March 2022: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 24 March - 30 April 2022: the minimum stay is 6 nights.
- 1 May - 22 May 2022: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
5 bedrooms, Sleeps 10:
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
- 2 single beds
- 2 single beds and en suite
- 2 single beds
There is also 1 cot
5 bathrooms including 1 en suite
Private pool, Size 10m x 4m
TV Languages in English, German, Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 10, Dining area seats 10, Air conditioning bedrooms only, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire essential
Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Microwave, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Barbecue, Parking, Private garden
Jacuzzi, Table tennis
Children, Infants, Smoking
Private Owner From Pollensa, Spain Member since Jul 2011
Past bookings: 4 bookings
Response rate: 50%
Response time: within 7 days
Last seen: 4 days ago
Number of properties: 2