Molino Dei Ciliegi
Villa with 2 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and private pool in San Venanzo, Italy
From £1,262 per week
Villa to rent in San Venanzo, Italy
An ancient Umbrian watermill, beautifully refurbished and made into a luxury villa, with private heated pool and a spa with hammam, jacuzzi and sauna. 2 hectares of private garden.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
The Villa is in fact an ancient watermill (dating probably about 1674) which has been sympathetically restored and transformed into a deluxe yet cosy spa and country house. The author of the project is architect Stefano Zaghini.
On the first floor, after an impressive entrance landing with glass ceiling, there is the living room with flat screen TV and satellite reciver (Sky Sport, Sky Cinema are available for free) and fireplace. The fully equipped kitchen and dining area still feature the pivot of the watermill on the wall.
There are two bedrooms, one with en-suite bathroom and a king bed, the other with a king bed and a double sofa bed. An additional toilet-shower room is available on this floor.
On the ground floor there is the spa area, with jacuzzi, sauna, hammam and chromotherapy, plus a shower and a toilet.
Outside, the impressively designed heated pool with foot massage lies within an ample garden with shrubs and an organic vegetable garden (guests will be free to pick their own vegetables during their stay).
A fenced ground of approximately 2 hectares, bordering river Faena, featuring mature cherry trees (hence the name of the villa, literally “Cherries Mill”) completes the property, which benefits from home automation.
Molino dei Ciliegi is on the foot of Rotecastello, a lovely Umbrian medieval hamlet on the slopes of Monte Peglia, with less than 20 residents. Going mushroom and wild asparagus hunting is a local favorite here, but you can simply walk in the woods to contemplate nature or, if you love art, visit nearby Orvieto, Todi, Perugia, Assisi and Bevagna.
Among the hidden treasures of the region, the Volcano Museum in San Venanzo, the visionary Scarzuola complex, from the genius of Tomaso Buzzi, in Montegabbione, and Montecastello Vibio with the world’s smallest theatre.
This villa does not have any reviews.
This villa is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this villa in San Venanzo, ItalyThis villa is in the countryside and in a quiet area. It has a pool, a balcony, a barbecue, a children pool area and outside lighting. Car hire is necessary as the renter will need a car to get about for shopping, eating out and the beach; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
Updated 16 March 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 26 May - 30 June 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 July - 31 August 2019: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 1 September - 30 September 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 October - 17 December 2019: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 18 December 2019 - 8 January 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 9 January - 27 March 2020: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 28 March - 5 April 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 6 April - 30 April 2020: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 1 May - 30 June 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 July - 31 August 2020: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 1 September - 30 September 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 October - 17 December 2020: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 18 December 2020 - 8 January 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 9 January - 27 March 2021: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 28 March - 5 April 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 6 April - 30 April 2021: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 1 May - 30 June 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 July - 31 August 2021: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 1 September - 30 September 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 October - 17 December 2021: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 18 December 2021 - 8 January 2022: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 9 January - 27 March 2022: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 28 March - 5 April 2022: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Early booking discounts
- Arrive between 3 January - 31 December and receive 10% off if the booking is made 90 days before the arrival date.
Long stay discounts
- Arrive between 1 November - 30 June and receive 10% off if the booking is for 2 weeks or more.
If more than one discount matches your arrival date, please be aware that only one discount of the highest amount will be applied to your booking.
2 bedrooms, Sleeps 6:
- 1 king size bed and en suite
- 1 king size bed, 1 double sofa bed
There is also 1 cot
3 bathrooms including 1 en suite
Private pool with electric heating, Size 3m x 9m, Depth 1.8m to 1.8m
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, Radio, TV Languages in English, German, French, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 3, Dining area seats 6, Central heating, Open fire, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire essential
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Barbecue, Outside lighting, Parking, Private garden, Childrens pool area
Children, Infants, Single gender groups, Smoking, Pets
Private Owner From Rome, Italy Member since Oct 2016
Response rate: 0%
Last seen: 2 months ago
Number of properties: 1