Villa Aurora, Avlaki, Agios Stefanos, Kassiopi, Corfu
Beach villa with 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and private pool in Avlaki, Corfu
From £1,875 per week
Villa to rent in Avlaki, Corfu
Delightful villa set within secluded olive groves above Avlaki Bay. In a peaceful location on the North East Coast with outstanding views, private swimming pool, air-con, wi-fi. Ideal for families.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
Nestled in mature olive groves above Avlaki Bay, with breath-taking views over the headlands of northeast Corfu, Villa Aurora provides the perfect setting for a fabulous family holiday. Relax in privacy on the veranda or by the pool gazing across the ancient olive groves and shimmering sea, to the lighthouse on the islet of Kaparelli and the mountains of Albania beyond. Set in an acre of grounds, with mature gardens, Aurora offers privacy and seclusion yet all essential holiday amenities are close by. The unspoiled beach of Avlaki, with its two excellent tavernas, is within walking distance whilst the fashionable restaurants of Agios Stefanos and the lively resort of Kassiopi are only 5-10 minutes’ drive. In its seventh year of rental, Aurora is contemporarily furnished and provides generous, well-appointed accommodation, with plenty of individual private spaces - ideal for two families holidaying together. The swimming pool (10m x 5m, depth 1.0m - 1.9m) is surrounded by a large patio. Dinghy sailing, windsurfing and boat hire are available on Avlaki beach.
The large open plan living area includes a well equipped kitchen with island breakfast bar. The kitchen leads onto a shaded outdoor terrace overlooking the 'Erimtis' an area of outstanding natural beauty. Many a relaxing hour may be spent watching the ferries ply the channel between the headland and the lighthouse on the tiny islet of Kaparelli. The comfortable seating area is ideal for relaxing and discussing the important issues of the day like "where are we eating tonight", which could be "dining in" as the extendable dining table comfortably seats 6/10 people, perfect for that freshly prepared lunch or barbecued supper.
Steps lead from the terrace down to the swimming pool and patio. The sun loungers may be shaded from the mid day sun by the olive trees and the large cantilever parasol. A cafe table and chairs provide the ideal spot for breakfast in the gentle warmth of the early morning sun. The traditional Mediterranean borders of lavender and rosemary have matured considerably over the last few years complementing the statuesque olive trees.
The drive that leads to Aurora continues as a rough track through the olive groves to the idyllic Avlaki Bay. The white pebble beach, with its crystal clear water, is ideal for swimming and snorkelling, sun beds and umbrellas are available. The Avlaki Sailing School provides tuition and boats for hire. Pedalos and canoes are available and, for the less energetic, motor boats may be hired. The two excellent beachfront tavernas will keep you replete throughout the day.
Greek Sailing Holidays, established in Corfu in 1995, offers dinghy sailing and windsurfing hire and tuition in the warm Mediterranean holiday environment of Avlaki. The light winds in the mornings are ideal for sailing instruction. Fresher conditions prevail in the afternoon enabling novices to practice their newly acquired skills and challenging opportunities for more experienced sailors.
The larger Aqualand water theme park, at Agios Ioannis in the centre of Corfu, is approximately one-hour’s drive and is great fun for all the family.
The highlight of any Greek holiday has to be sitting in a water’s edge taverna, on a warm summer evening, savouring freshly prepared local produce. Conveniently, Villa Auroa is located close to some of the best restaurants and tavernas in northeast Corfu. Just below the villa on Avlaki bay are Cavo Barbaro and Avlaki Taverna, both serving freshly cooked local produce. The picturesque bay of Agios Stephanos is a short drive (taxi ride), where there is an excellent choice of water-front restaurants, tavernas and bars, including Eucalyptus Taverna, Kaparelli Taverna run by Costas and Galini Taverna run by Nikos. There are one or two bars where teenagers can retreat whilst their parents enjoy a local coffee.
The small fishing village of Kassiopi offers an even greater variety of tavernas and bars and one or two nightclubs including The Wave Bar. Tavernaki on the harbour front and Little Italy are amongst our favourites. For a special treat Trilogia Restaurant provides excellent food and magnificent sunsets.
A fun alternative is to travel to Agni by water taxi from Agios Stephanos where there are three famous waterside restaurants: Taverna Agni, Toula’s and Nikolas, each outstanding in different ways.
For those very special celebrations catering arrangements can include delivery of a freshly prepared supper or the assistance of a local cook to prepare a meal for you. Our house manager would be pleased to discuss your individual requirements.
Easy Jet provides scheduled services to Corfu from London Gatwick, Luton, Manchester and Bristol. Ryan Air flys to Corfu from Stanstead, East Midlands, Leeds Bradford and Glasgow. British Airways announced a new service from London Heathrow to Corfu commencing in May 2015. Additionally, charter airlines provide flight only seats from many other regional airports: Fly Thomas Cook, Thomson Fly and Monarch Airlines. Car hire is essential to enjoy the best of what the area has to offer. There are many friendly boutique hotels in Corfu Old Town that provide an ideal way to extend your holiday by a day or two in order to appreciate the beautiful old town or match the sometimes rather demanding flight schedules. Try Hotel Bella Venezia, Siorra Vittoria or Cavalieri Hotel.
Rental licence or registration number: 0829K10TK8213001
1 other review
1 - 1 of 1
This villa is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this villa in Avlaki, CorfuThis villa is in a quiet area near the beach. It has a pool, a balcony, a barbecue, outside lighting and a garden. Car hire is necessary as the renter will need a car to get about for shopping, eating out and the beach; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
Updated 1 January 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 20 April - 3 May 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 4 May - 19 July 2019: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 20 July - 23 August 2019: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 14 nights.
- 24 August - 13 September 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 14 September - 2 November 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 3 November 2019 - 19 April 2020: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 20 April - 3 May 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 4 May - 19 July 2020: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 20 July - 23 August 2020: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 14 nights.
- 24 August - 13 September 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 14 September - 2 November 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 3 November 2020 - 26 March 2021: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 20 April - 3 May 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 4 May - 19 July 2021: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 20 July - 23 August 2021: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 14 nights.
- 24 August - 13 September 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 14 September - 2 November 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 9:
- 1 king size bed and en suite
- 2 single beds and en suite
- 1 king size bed and en suite
- 2 single beds and en suite
There is also 1 double sofa bed in TV room, 1 single sofa bed in Master bedroom, 2 cots
4 bathrooms including 4 en suites, 1 Separate WC
Private pool with solar heating, Size 10m x 5m, Depth 0.8m to 1.8m
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, Radio, TV Languages in English, Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 9, Dining area seats 10, Air conditioning bedrooms only, Open fire, Clothes drier, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, High chair, Car hire essential
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Barbecue, Outside lighting, Parking, Private garden, Sea view
Local property manager provides meet and greet and available to deal with any issues that may arise.
Private Owner From High Wycombe, United Kingdom Member since Aug 2010
Last seen: 2 months ago
Number of properties: 1