Le Mas Des Couleurs
Villa with 8 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms in Tarascon Campagne, the South of France
From £9,516 per week
Villa to rent in Tarascon Campagne, the South of France
Le Mas des Couleurs is an extraordinary place where you will find the perfect melange of contemporary luxury.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
Le Mas des Couleurs is an extraordinary place where you will find the perfectmelangeof contemporary luxury, modern style and authentic Provencal character in a gorgeous rural setting. Set in a 13 hectare estate, with up to eight lavish bedrooms, an inviting heated swimming pool and a magical ambience, this historical property would be ideal for an extended family gathering, a memorable celebration or simply an idyllic holiday in the heart of Provence.
There are three beautifully renovated buildings that are available for guests, depending on the size of your group, each one has air-conditioning, heating and Wi-Fi plus added luxuries such as Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte products, bathrobes and welcome flowers.
The Main House has three sumptuous king-size bedrooms and three bathrooms, all enjoying spectacular south-facing views. On the ground floor there's a spacious lounge with picture-book windows looking out to the impressive gardens. The sociable kitchen is filled with the very best high-tech gadgets whilst there is a colourful dining room with stunning modern artwork complementing the old fire-place. The high standard of the interior design shines through with interesting pieces of furniture, elegant decor, modern art and only the very finest facilities.
For parties of six to twelve guests, the Farmhouse is also made available. Once again, the renovation is of the highest standard with an ultra modern kitchen and a relaxing lounge with a 1940s bar, plus three king-size bedrooms and an upper terrace enjoying beautiful views. The delightful courtyard and sheltered outdoor lounge, featuring a well and a 300 year old nettle tree, are perfect places for friends and family to gather at any time of day.
The characterful and quirky Tower is opened for further guests, a cosy but charming home dating back to the fifteenth century with a kitchen, lounge and two lovely bedrooms reached via a steep stone spiral staircase. You are rewarded with heavenly views at the very top.
The vast grounds are equally as magnificent with a splendid heated swimming pool, gorgeous terraces and the relaxing sound of water from the estate's streams and fountains. Have a look at the kitchen garden, pick herbs for your evening meal, wander around the lemon trees and lavender beds. There are green spaces to explore, walks to discover and old trees to seek shade under, it really is a very enchanting setting. Furthermore, the estate is a working farm with 2800 olive trees, during the spring you can watch the farmers prune the trees and in the autumn it's harvest time – both interesting and memorable experiences to watch. The olives are sent to a nearby mill that makes prestigious oils and wines known across the world.
The warm and attentive owners are on hand as a personal guide and to ensure you have everything you desire for your holiday. They take great pride in providing an exceptional level of service and can arrange a number of bespoke experiences, no matter how unique, from private shopping tours to little known places, glider flights above the Alpilles to food immersion experiences from farm to table. Dedicated staff can be arranged, such as private chefs and a chauffeur service, magical events are also a speciality here, the owners can help you arrange your exclusive celebration.
For those seeking an immediate sense of well-being, modern luxury and Provencal authenticity, you can be assured of an enchanting experience during your time at Le Mas des Couleurs.
The philosophy here is simple - experience unique luxury and the 'slow life' in the heart of beautiful Provence and create memories that will stay with you for a lifetime.
1) Whole Estate: Main House + Farmhouse + Tower (16 pax/8 bedrooms)
2) Main House + Farmhouse (12 pax/6 bedrooms)
3) Main House Only (6 pax/3 bedrooms)
Main House Interior (220 m2)
Available for individual bookings from end of September to beginning of May. During all other periods, it must be booked in conjunction with the Farmhouse or with the Farmhouse and the Tower together.
- Lounge (52m2) with sofas, TV with International channels and open fireplace. Large picture windows looking out to gardens
- Dining room (35m2) with table and chairs for up to twelve guests and old fireplace
- Kitchen (23m2), well equipped with high-tech goods including dishwasher, fridge, steam oven, microwave, conventional oven, bean to cup coffee machine, induction cooktop
- Scullery (7m2) for storage and includes American fridge
- Guest W.C.
- Laundry room
- Master double bedroom (20m2, king-size bed), walk-in wardrobe, armchairs and coffee table. En-suite (9m2) with double wash basin, large Italian shower and W.C.
- Double bedroom (14m2, king-size bed) walk-in wardrobe and armchairs
- Bathroom (6m2) on landing with bath with shower, double wash basin and separate W.C.
- Double bedroom (17m2, king-size bed), walk-in wardrobe, armchairs and coffee table. Open-plan bathroom (5m2) with double wash basin and Italian shower.
Separate W.C. on landing
Farmhouse Interior (260m2)
Lounge (41m2) with sofas, TV with International channels, 1940s bar. French windows leading to courtyard and outdoor lounge
- Kitchen-diner (28m2), well equipped with high-end branded goods including dishwasher, American fridge, convection oven, steam oven, induction cooktop and Nespresso machine. Opens up to kitchen terrace
- Adjoining laundry room and pantry
- Guest W.C.
- Outdoor lounge (74m2) with tables and chairs for up to 16 guests, sofas and table football
First Floor Wing (accessed via stone staircase)
- Master bedroom (26m2, king-size bed), walk-in wardrobe, armchairs, coffee table and office corner. En-suite (9m2) with bath and Italian shower and WC. This room also has its own entrance from the Farmhouse's terrace, giving direct garden access
First Floor Wing (accessed via spiral staircase)
- Landing lounge area (17m2) with access to terrace with outdoor sofas and loungers
- Double bedroom (17m2, king-size bed), walk-in wardrobe, armchairs and coffee table. Shower room (5m2) with Italian shower and W.C.
- Double bedroom (13m2, king-size bed), walk-in wardrobe, armchairs and coffee table. Shower room (5m2) with Italian shower and W.C.
Tower Interior (90m2)
- Kitchen-diner (90m2), well equipped with oven, induction cooktop, fridge-freezer, Nespresso Magimax machine and microwave. Table and chairs for up to six guests. Leads to terrace
- Steps lead down to lounge (20m2) with armchairs, TV with International channels and stone fireplace. WC. Direct access to garden
- Laundry room (5m2) including dishwasher, washing machine and dryer
First Floor (accessed via steep stone spiral staircase)
Double bedroom (17m2, king-size bed) with walk-in wardrobe, armchairs and coffee table. En-suite (4m2) with Italian shower and W.C.
Second Floor (accessed via steep stone spiral staircase)
Double bedroom (17m2, king-size bed) with walk-in wardrobe, armchairs and coffee table. En-suite (4m2) with Italian shower and W.C. Fantastic views
Outside Grounds (13 hectares)
Olive farm with 2800 olive trees and 60 truffle oaks
- Lawn area and various terraces
- Kitchen garden
- Chicken run
- Canal des Baux runs through grounds
- Streams and fountains
- Fully fenced
- Private parking areas
- Video surveillance
- Views of the Alpilles and Vallee de Baux
Main House Grounds
- Private heated swimming pool (size: 15m x 4m/depth 1m – 1.7m) with safety cover, sun-loungers and parasols
- Outdoor shower and W.C.
- Provencal ornamental garden
- Outdoor lounge area
- Inner courtyard with dining table and chairs, outdoor sofa
- 300-year-old nettle tree
- Provencal ornamental garden
- Outdoor dining table and chairs
- Provencal ornamental garden
- Lounge terrace with outdoor sofas
- Air-conditioning in all units
- Flat-screen TVs with International channels
- Washing machine and dryer
- Iron and ironing board (except Tower)
- Bathrobes, scales and hairdryers in each bathroom
- Mosquito nets on bedroom windows (Tower and Country House only)
- Table football (farmhouse)
Please note that the discreet and friendly caretakers live on-site, in a separate house.
Set in 13 hectares of olive groves, streams and even a canal, this really is a rural paradise with stunning views of the Baux valley and Alpilles Natural Park.
Fontvielle (4km) is a picturesque village nearby with a handful of restaurants, a pretty church, small museum and some lovely walks over the surrounding hills of pine trees, olive groves and oak. A little further you will find more facilities at Tarascon (9km), a historical town on the banks of the River Rhone. It's worth exploring the medieval lanes, visiting the popular weekly market and finding a pleasant terrace cafe for a drink or two.
You are of course in the heart of this formidable area of vineyards, idyllic hilltop villages, world-renowned towns, and summer landscapes of sunflowers. Baux-de-Provence (10km), one of France's acclaimed ‘plus beaux villages'and Van Gogh's precious Arles (17km), are both within easy reach. Delightful St-Remy (16km) with its art filled streets and renowned restaurant scene is within half an hour through the glorious Alpilles Natural Park. Gordes (56km) is yet another one of the beautiful villages worth visiting with stunning architecture, set in the outstanding Luberon region, surrounded by lavender fields in the summer months.
The small but lively city of Avignon (30km) is worthy of a visit during your stay. Explore the winding medieval streets, experience further excellent dining opportunities and visit two UNESCO world heritage sites, the Pope's Palace and Saint Benezet Bridge. The covered market offers all sorts of delights or head to the weekend farmers, flower and flea markets for wonderful local produce and a bargain or two. The bohemian quarter of the city, just next to the Sorgue river, has more of a village atmosphere with its artists, musicians, cafes and wine-bars.
Those looking for activity have so much on their doorstep. There is both horse-riding and golf within a short drive and both the immediate and wider area are a walkers and cyclists paradise with stunning countryside and landscapes. Older children will love kayaking in the Sorgue and there are plenty of other family friendly activities throughout the region from model railways, open castles to trekking across the tree tops and visiting a zoo.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 7 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Prices and availability
Updated 5 September 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 18 October 2018 - 5 July 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 6 July - 30 August 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 31 August 2019 - 3 July 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 4 July - 28 August 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 29 August 2020 - 5 September 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£877.82 per booking, paid locally
8 bedrooms, Sleeps 16