La Bergerie Provencale
Villa with 4 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and private pool in Roussillon, the South of France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £1,641 per week
Villa to rent in Roussillon, the South of France
An extended 200 year old stone ‘Bergerie’ or shepherds house, renovated to create a stunning luxury villa within one hectare of gated private gardens with heated swimming pool.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
La Bergerie Provençale is set amidst the villages, vineyards, and orchards of Provence’s renowned Luberon national park.
Originally a 200 year old stone ‘Bergerie’ or shepherds house, the property has been extended and renovated to create a stunning and luxury villa within one hectare of gated private gardens with a very large 6x12 metre heated swimming pool.
Approached along a tree-lined drive, the house is situated in the beautiful countryside of the Luberon and is surrounded on all sides by vineyards, farmland and woodland with beautiful uninterrupted views of the village of Roussillon, one of France’s acclaimed ‘Les Plus Beaux Villages de France’.
Located in the very heart of the Luberon valley, the house is within easy driving distance of the areas most famous hilltop ‘perched’ villages, markets and restaurants including Gordes, Menerbes, Lacoste, Bonnieux with the local village of Roussillon only 3 minutes drive away.
The House has been designed to be a very comfortable and stylish home away from home. When you arrive you will be greeted by our English, French and German speaking house manager who will introduce to the house and its facilities.
There are four large double bedrooms opening out onto the shaded terrace overlooking the pool. Two of the bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms with baths and separate showers. The third and fourth bedrooms share a third separate bathroom equipped with bath and shower.
The kitchen is well equipped with dishwasher, American fridge freezer, oven and microwave. A spacious separate utility room comes equipped with washing machine and drying area.
The house is naturally cool in summer and has under-floor heating and a large open fireplace in the living room for the cooler months.
The lounge has a large LCD television and DVD player with a wide range of satellite channels. Guests are welcome to use the iPod compatible sound dock and wireless broadband internet access.
Linen, towels and pool towels are included together with a cleaning service on departure.
This villa has 3 verified reviews.
3 out of 3 people recommend staying here
We had a wonderful time and thought the villa was excellent.
We did have an issue with the washing machine not working for the whole 2 weeks also we did not at any time get to meet the accommodation manager.
Some of the descriptions on the add were not accurate for example the safety around the pool was not as we expected ,having two children under 8 years of age it was a constant worry that they could have wondered thought the flower bed to the pool.
Also the poolside kitchen description did not match what was reality.
Other than these small issues we did really like the villa and would recommend it to everyone .
The house is beautiful, ande also the villages in the neighbourhood. The big garden is also wonderful.
This villa is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this villa in Roussillon, the South of FranceThis villa is in the countryside and in a quiet area. It has a pool, a barbecue, a patio heating and a garden. Car hire is recommended as the villa is less than a 15 minute walk to at least a couple of shops, bars and restaurants; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 19 August - 28 September 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 29 September - 30 September 2018: changeover day is Saturday and bookings must be for whole weeks only.
- 1 October 2018 - 27 April 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 28 April - 29 June 2019: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 30 June - 31 August 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 2 September - 30 September 2019: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 October 2019 - 27 April 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 28 April - 29 June 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 30 June - 31 August 2020: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September - 28 September 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 29 September - 30 September 2020: changeover day is Saturday and bookings must be for whole weeks only.
- 1 October 2020 - 27 April 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 28 April - 29 June 2021: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 30 June - 31 August 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 8:
- 1 double bed and en suite
- 1 double bed and en suite
- 2 single beds
- 2 single beds
There is also 1 cot
5 bathrooms including 2 en suites, 4 Separate WC's
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet, TV Languages in Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 8, Dining area seats 8, Central heating, Open fire, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire recommended
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Barbecue, Parking, Patio heating, Private garden
Outside the gardens extend to one hectare containing a mixture of lawns, oak woodland and orchard. The heated south facing 6x12m swimming pool is reached by winding stone paths and is surrounded by a grassed area for sunbathing. The pool is accessed by security gate and is fitted with the latest alarm and automatic cover to ensure the safety of your family. Sun loungers are provided as well as a lavish 3x3 metre outside L-shaped sofa for relaxing by the pool. Directly next to the pool terrace is the outdoor summer kitchen, this is equipped with a sink, dishwasher and oven as well as a large BBQ. Another totally separate outside dining area is located in a grove of oak trees under a vine covered pergola.
Private Owner From Warninglid, United Kingdom Member since Feb 2012
Past bookings: 18 bookings
Last logged in: 6 months ago
Number of properties: 1