Chateau Des Siecles And Annexe
Chateau with 21 bedrooms, 21 bathrooms and private pool in Mailly-le-Château, France
From £12,128 per week
Chateau to rent in Mailly-le-Château, France
Have a large group looking to soak up the bounty of the one of the most beautiful regions in France? Consisting of five diverse buildings with luxury accommodations for 48 guests.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
Have a large group looking to soak up the bounty of the one of the most beautiful regions in France? Consisting of five diverse buildings with luxury accommodations for 48 guests, this chateau in Burgundy will delight with its jaw-dropping views and special charm.
A total of 21 bedrooms with equal bathrooms are dispersed among the Main House, Commons, Pavilions, Caves, and the Annexe, which centre around a gorgeous courtyard and are enclosed by fortified medieval walls.
The vaulted caves date back to the Middle Ages and are now gorgeous suites with fireplaces. The 19th century Main House above is equally stunning, with terraces on all sides overlooking the countryside. Two 17th century buildings make up the Commons, while the Pavilions have been converted into light-filled studios with private kitchens. The Annexe is a short walk from the chateau, making it an ideal space for those looking for more privacy.
Each property is beautifully designed and warmly inviting, with spacious common areas and traditional charm. Guests will delight in the spectacular pool, lush gardens, and alfresco dining alongside unobstructed valley views – plus the indoor games, cinema room, and the numerous vineyards just 25 minutes from the chateau!
- Large salon opening out onto the back terrace
- Study with its own private terrace
- Billiard room
Large country kitchen, opening out onto a balcony where one can enjoy breakfast in the morning sun, with lovely views of the cliffs in the distance.
First Floor (5 bedrooms, one 2-bed suite and 6 bathrooms)
Bedroom 8 has a double bed (140cm) and a stand-up shower
- Bedroom 9 has a queen-size bed (160cm) and a very small bathroom with a stand-up shower
- Bedroom 10 has a queen-size bed (160cm) and a bathroom with bathtub and hand-held shower
- Bedroom 11 has a double bed (140cm) with a bathroom accessed off the hall with a stand up shower
Bedrooms 8-11 overlook the courtyard and are each about 20-30m2
- Bedroom 12/13 is a two-bedroom suite with a queen size bed (160cm) and valley views plus an adjoining dressing room with an additional small double bed (140cm). En-suite bathroom with bathtub and handheld shower. Bedrooms 12/13 (about 60m2 in total) are best used in the summer months
Bedroom 14 (about 20m2) has a queen size bed (160 cm) and en-suite bathroom with a stand up shower. Beautiful valley views
The Commons (three bedrooms and a child's room, all centrally air-conditioned)
Bedroom 4 (about 30m2) has a walk-in closet, a fairly large bathroom with Jacuzzi tub with a very nice view of the courtyard and pool in the distance
- Bedroom 5 (about 90m2) is a very large room with two queen sized beds (160cm each), one small double bed (140cm) and a medium sized bathroom with a bathtub and handheld shower. The rear doors of this bedroom open up onto the elevated garden behind. In the front it has a lovely view over the courtyard and the valley in the distance
- Bedroom 6 consists of a main bedroom with double bed (160cm) with en-suite bathroom and stand up shower
Bedroom 7 (adjoining bedroom 6 or can be accessed from the stairwell hall) is small with a single bed and pretty valley views
Bedrooms 4 and 5 are accessed from one stairwell, bedrooms 6 and 7 are accessed from another stairwell
The Caves (accessed via steps)
The first Cave (50-60m2) is air conditioned and has a small bedroom tucked into the tower with a double bed (140cm), a large living room with a king-size bed (180cm) and an open-plan kitchenette plus a bathroom with stand up shower and a Jacuzzi tub. It has magnificent views over the valley. The pool area can be accessed directly from a door in the hallway.
The second Cave has a large living room (about 70sq m), full sized kitchen, a large bedroom with a king-size bed (180cm) and a bathroom with a sit down steam shower. The bedroom of the second Cave is air conditioned. The rear door of the second Cave opens up onto the pool area. The second Cave benefits from magnificent views over the valley in front.
- Pavillion One is a smaller studio (about 30m2) with a sleeping area with a queen-size bed (160cm), kitchenette, air-conditioning and a small sitting area in the back. It has a fairly small bathroom with a sit-down shower
- Pavillion Two is a large studio (about 50m2) with a sleeping area with a queen-size bed (160cm), kitchenette and air-conditioning plus a medium sized bathroom with bathtub and hand-held shower
Both have original stone flooring (which can be uneven at times). They both open up onto the central courtyard (with access to the main house across the courtyard).
The Annexe consists of 8 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. Rooms 2,3,6 and 7 have queen sized beds (160 cm), rooms 1, 4 and 5 have double beds (140cm) and room 8 has a single bed.
It is a three minute walk from the chateau, separated by a tiny hamlet. It has a hot tub, beautiful gardens and terraces.
- Private heated swimming pool (18x6m)
- Poolside terrace and garden
- Two gas grills, one on each terrace
- Stone terraces
- Bikes are in studio (or in the parking area) as is the ping pong table.
- Cinema room is on top of the studio.
- Cushions to the lounge chairs on back terrace are in the tower off of the back terrace.
- Extra towels are in the armoire in the entrance hall to the 19th century house.
- Extra sheets are in the large armoire in the storage utility cave.
- There is a laundry area for your use in the storage utility cave.
The Chateau is located in northern Burgundy, about a two hour drive south east of Paris, in a beautifully bucolic region of farmland and meandering waterways.
Activities include biking (along the bike path that runs most of the length of the Canal Nivernais or alongback country roads through farmland and forest), boating, rock climbing, hot air ballooning and tennis.
The medieval hill-town of Vezelay is within a twenty minute drive from the Chateau. The twelfth century basilica of Mary Magdalene crowning its hilltop contains some of the finest examples of early Romanesque sculpture.
The Chablis, Irancy and St. Bris vineyards are within a twenty minute drive from the Chateau. The Meursault and Montrachet vineyards are just over an hours' drive south. Wine tours to the many vineyards in the area can be arranged.
- Horse back riding
- Tennis: T
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Grottes D'Arcy
- Chateau of Ancy
- Chateau de Tanlay
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 10 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Mailly-le-Château, FranceThis chateau is near the waterfront. It has a pool and a barbecue.
Prices and availability
Updated 13 June 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 18 June 2019 - 13 June 2022: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£891.42 per booking, paid locally
21 ensuite bedrooms, Sleeps 48
21 bathrooms including 21 en suites
Private pool with electric heating
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, Satellite / cable
Air conditioning, Central heating, Open fire
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 27 bookings
Response rate: 93%
Response time: within 22 hours
Last seen: 18 hours ago
Number of properties: over 1,000