Chateau Des Siecles
Chateau with 13 bedrooms, 13 bathrooms and private pool in Mailly-le-Château, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £9,658 per week
Chateau to rent in Mailly-le-Château, France
For an unforgettable group holiday in one of the most coveted regions of France, look no further than this remarkable 19th century chateau in Burgundy. Situated high above the French countryside.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
For an unforgettable group holiday in one of the most coveted regions of France, look no further than this remarkable 19th century chateau in Burgundy. Situated high above the French countryside, the historic home provides unobstructed panoramic views from nearly every vantage point.
Encompassing a central courtyard and enclosed by ancient fortified walls, the hamlet consists of 13 thoughtfully designed bedrooms dispersed throughout the Main House, the Commons, The Caves, and the Pavilions.
Two medieval vaulted caves have been converted into spacious suites, with monumental fireplaces and period furnishings. The 19th century main house sits atop the caves, with six bedrooms and numerous terraces to soak up the abundant scenery. The Commons holds three bedrooms plus a kids' room within two 17th century buildings, while the Pavilions contain two light-filled studios with kitchens.
All accommodation and common spaces are beautifully designed and warmly inviting, with comfortable furnishings, an open-plan floor space and traditional charm. Guests will enjoy access to spectacular pool, gardens, bikes, indoor games, and a cinema/conference room.
There's lots to do nearby, including wineries within a 25-minute drive, medieval towns to explore, and a bike bath that runs along the Canal Nivernais, just to name a few.
- Large salon opening out onto the back terrace
- Study with its own private terrace
- Billiard room
- Large country kitchen, opening out onto a balcony where one can enjoy breakfast in the morning sun, with lovely views of the cliffs in the distance.
- 6 bedrooms and bathrooms.
Bedrooms 12 and 14 overlook the valley and have beautiful views. Bedroom 12 has a queen size bed (160cm) and adjoining dressing room with an additional bed of 140cm with en-suite bathroom with bathtub (about 60sq m). Bedroom 14 has a queen size bed (160 cm) and en-suite bathroom with a stand up shower and a beautiful view as well (about 20sqm). The other four bedrooms overlook the courtyard, (each about 20-30sqm). Bedroom 11 has a full sized bed (140cm) with a bathroom accessed off the hall with a stand up shower.
Bedrooms 10 and 9 have queen sized beds (160cm). Bedroom 10 has a fairly large bathroom with bathtub, bedroom 9 has a very small bathroom with stand up shower, and bedroom 8 has a full sized bed (140cm) and a stand up shower.
- Three bedrooms and a child's room, all centrally air conditioned. Two of the bedrooms, 4 and 5, are accessed from one stairwell, the third, 6, from the other stairwell. Bedroom 4 has a walk in closet, fairly large bathroom with Jacuzzi tub with a very nice view of the courtyard and pool in the distance (about 30sq m). Bedroom 5, accessed from the same stairwell, is a very large room (about 90sq m), with two queen sized beds (160cm), one bed of 140 cm and a medium sized bathroom with a bathtub. The rear doors of this bedroom open up onto the elevated garden behind. In the front it has a lovely view over the courtyard and the valley in the distance. Bedroom 6, accessed from the other stairwell consists of a main bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite bathroom and stand up shower and a child's room with a single bed. The child's room can be accessed from the bedroom or from the stairwell hall.
The first Cave is air conditioned and has a small bedroom tucked into the tower with a full sized bed (140cm), a large living room including a king sized bed (180cm)-( 50-60sq m) with a kitchenette and a bathroom with stand up shower and a Jacuzzi tub. It has magnificent views over the valley. The pool area can be accessed directly from a door in the hallway.
The second Cave has a large living room (about 70sq m), full sized kitchen, a large bedroom with a king sized bed (180cm) and a bathroom with a sit down steam shower. The bedroom of the second Cave is air conditioned. The rear door of the second Cave opens up onto the pool area. The second Cave benefits from magnificent views over the valley in front.
Both pavilions are large studios which include a sleeping area and kitchenettes and both are centrally air conditioned. They both open up onto the central courtyard. The larger of the two is about 50sqm and the smaller about 30sqm.
The smaller of the two Pavillions, Pavillion 1, has a small sitting area in the back. It has a fairly small bathroom with a sit down shower.
The larger of the two Pavilions, Pavillion 2, has a medium sized bathroom with a bathtub. They both have queen sized beds (160cm).
- Private heated swimming pool (18x6m)
- Poolside terrace and garden
- Two gas grills, one on each terrace
- Stone terraces
- Bikes are in studio (or in the parking lot) as is the ping pong table.
- Cinema room is on top of the studio.
- Cushions to the lounge chairs on back terrace are in the tower off of the back terrace.
- Extra towels are in the armoire in the entrance hall to the 19th century house.
- Extra sheets are in the large armoire in the storage utility cave.
- There is a laundry area for your use in the storage utility cave.
The Chateau is located in northern Burgundy, about a two hour drive south east of Paris, in a beautifully bucolic region of farmland and meandering waterways.
Activities include biking (along the bike path that runs most of the length of the Canal Nivernais or alongback country roads through farmland and forest), boating, rock climbing, hot air ballooning and tennis.
The medieval hill-town of Vezelay is within a twenty minute drive from the Chateau. The twelfth century basilica of Mary Magdalene crowning its hilltop contains some of the finest examples of early Romanesque sculpture.
The Chablis, Irancy and St. Bris vineyards are within a twenty minute drive from the Chateau. The Meursault and Montrachet vineyards are just over an hours' drive south. Wine tours to the many vineyards in the area can be arranged.
- Horse back riding
- Tennis: T
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Grottes D'Arcy
- Chateau of Ancy
- Chateau de Tanlay
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 4 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Mailly-le-Château, FranceThis chateau has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 18 September 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 21 September 2018 - 18 September 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£890.93 per booking, paid locally
13 bedrooms, Sleeps 33
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Air conditioning, Central heating, Open fire