Chateau De Cource
Chateau with 8 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms and swimming pool in Fresville, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £5,533 per week
Chateau to rent in Fresville, France
Chateau overview - owner's description
With style reminiscent of a miniature Versailles, this chateau in Normandy conjures the grandeur of the 17th and 18th centuries.
With style reminiscent of a miniature Versailles, this chateau in Normandy conjures the grandeur of the 17th and 18th centuries. You'll admire the chateau's classic touches (the stonework in the garden or the Aubusson carpets on the floor), but you'll love the modern amenities, like the jetted tubs and the villa's private pool.
This is no dark and dreary castle - large windows on both sides of the chateau let light stream in throughout the day. Sportsmen and women will adore the private tennis court, fishing in the moat, and the extensive grounds - bicycles are available for anyone to take a tour. The beach at Fontenay-Sur-Mer is within easy biking distance. Through the gardens, 100m away from the main chateau, is a separate cottage that's perfect for a small family who prefers more privacy.
Here, your family chateau holiday includes the best of both worlds: peaceful French countryside, with access to historic sites. Only 15 minutes away WWII history comes to life in the town of Sainte-Mere-Eglise and Utah Beach, the site of the D-Day landing. Cherbourg & Caen is the nearest airport, but it may also be convenient to drive from Paris, 3 hours away.
Please note this property is available for groups of up to 14 guests when renting the chateau and the cottage. For smaller parties of up to 10 guests, the chateau only can be rented at a reduced price.
Chateau de Cource (14 pax - 6 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms in total)
- A large kitchen (50 m²) equipped with two electrical ovens, 3 electric halogens hot plates, an electric plancha, full height refrigerator with freezer compartment, dishwasher and lots of cooking equipment. Sufficient crockery, silverware and glassware for the rental capacity; Kitchen table for 10 max and Bar counter for 5 max
- A pantry (15 m²) with sink, kitchen table, Nespresso machine
- A Boiler room
- A Mud Room with hangers, bench
- A large TV/Playroom (65 m²) with satellite TV, DVD reader, HI-FI , Bookshelves, Wi-Fi, 2 Chesterfield sofas, armchairs, Games table (DVDs & English books are available).
- A large dining room (50m²) Louis XIII with a maximum capacity of 14/18 pp. Kitchenware is furnished for the number of persons in accordance with the contract
- A small dining/breakfast room (15m²) up to 8pp equipped with dishwasher, 2 hot plates, sink, microwave, refrigerator, automatic espresso machine and crockery.
- A large Bedroom (30 m²) Regency with a double bed (140x190), shower and a small hand basin (no toilet).
- A Cloakroom with phone, Wi-Fi, umbrellas and cupboard with numerous regional guides.
- A large Guest Toilet via Cloakroom with double sinks, cupboard with numerous vases.
- A large blue Drawing Room Louis XV (50 m²) with meridienne, armchairs, game table, Piano forte (not tuned!).
- A library/drawing room Louis XIII (45 m²) with settee, armchairs, desk, tapestry, bar, Hi-FI.
5 Bed Rooms+:
- A large en-suite bedroom (30 m²) for 2 with a double bed (140x200) with bathroom (15 m²) with double sinks, separate shower, Jacuzzi bathtub and toilet.
- Two single bedrooms (18 m² each) equipped with a 100x190 bed and hand basin.
- A Laundry room with washing machine, dryer, ironing table.
- A large en-suite bedroom (35m²) for 2 with a 140x200 electrical bed and bathroom (20m²) with bathtub, separate shower, WC, and en-suite dressing room, mini TV (only local channels).
- A twin Bedroom (25 m²), with two single beds 90x200 which may be joined on request.
- A Child bedroom/Den (10m²) with a small bed 80x150 (not accounted for in the sleeping capacity).
- A Hall Bathroom (9 m²) which may be connected to the two other rooms or left independent,with sink & bathtub.
- A separate toilet.
Cottage (max. cap. 4 - 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom)
Located 100 m from the main house. It includes a separate bathroom with bathtub, sink and toilets, a fully equipped kitchen/dining room (oven, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, hot plates etc), Wi-Fi and living room. Upstairs there are 2 bedrooms, one with a 140x200 bed which can be split and one with 2 90x190 beds.
- Heated swimming pool
- Exterior tennis court
- Moat for carp fishing
- Mountain bikes
- Vegetable garden with swings
- Inside ping pong table
- Gas barbecue
- Tennis racquets
- Basic fishing rod
Chateau de Cource lies in the heart of the wild and beautiful Cotentin Peninsula area in Normandy, in Fontenay sur Mer, 300 km west of Paris. The closest train station is Valognes (12 km).
Discover and enjoy the local area by walking and biking through the beautiful and quiet countryside.
Visit the historic town of Valognes: (Hotel de Beaumont and the famous Cider Museum) that provides all the conveniences and is only ten minutes away from the chateau.
The chateau is 3 miles from the beach and a 18 hole golf course created 30 years ago by the father of the current owner of the chateau.
There are also several riding clubs around where lessons or private hire can be organised.
- 5 min to sandy beaches.
- 15 min to the D-DAY BEACHES (Utah Beach).
- 15 min to world renowned village SAINTE MERE EGLISE.
- 1.5 hours to the MONT ST MICHEL.
- 45 min to The BAYEUX TAPESTRY.
- 2 hours to HONFLEUR.
- 2 hours to GIVERNY GARDEN (Monet).
- 2 hours to ROUEN.
- 3 hours to PARIS by car or train.
A daily 3 hour cleaning service of common areas (Monday-Friday) is included in the chateau rental. Cleaning of bedrooms and bathrooms can be included on request.
A chef is available to cater for breakfast and evening meals at €20 p/hr + cost of ingredients. Please enquire for more details.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 1 review for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Fresville, FranceThis chateau has a pool, a tennis court and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 19 August 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 27 May 2017 - 3 January 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£914.08 per booking, paid locally
8 bedrooms, Sleeps 14
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Open fire, Car hire optional