14 Things You Must Do In Estepona
by Felicity Brown | Updated 04 March 2020 | Posted in Spain, Top Lists
Introducing Estepona - Marbella's quieter, less raved-about cousin. We think this rustic, coastal region deserves a moment in the spotlight, so here are our 14 Things You Must Do In Estepona...
1. People-watch at Plaza de las Flores de Estepona
2. Go see some live music at Louie Louie R’n’R club
3. Have a go at windsurfing or kitesurfing at Tarifa
4. Be a daredevil and do a 4WD off-road tour
5. Take a stroll down the Ruta de Murales Artisticos and ogle at the amazing graffiti
6. Get away from it all at Sierra Bermeja natural park
7. Marvel at the beautiful orchids at Orquidario de Estepona
8. Go horse-riding
9. Check out the local wildlife at The Lobo Park (Wolf Park)
Take part in one of the park’s Wolf Howl Nights to experience the animals when they are most active.
10. Take a drive inland to El Chorro for some breath-taking walking and climbing routes
11. Relax on the dozens of beaches – Playa Galera, Playa Bahia Dorada, Playa Arroyo Vaquero…
12. … or in one of the dozens of beach bars
13. If you're there on July 16th, make sure you don’t miss the Virgen del Carmen Festival.
The celebrations end in the evening with the procession of the Virgen del Carmen statue that will be taken out to sea on brightly decorated boats.
14. Take life easy down at Estepona Marina
If this article has made you swoon at the idea of a southern Spain getaway, take a look at our villas in Estepona...