We have been visiting Florida for the last 9 years and have fallen in love with the lifestyle, weather and the friendliness of the Americans. So much so, that with the help of our family we bought a place and use it ourselves every year. The property is located at Westridge, just off the 27 highway which is perfectly placed for all the theme parks and attractions on offer in this magical land. The villa has a large living area and a fully fitted out kitchen. There are two eating areas which are ideal for two families to share and also table and chairs by the pool for those lovely warm evenings. The master bedroom has an en suite, which has two sinks, corner bath and a large walk in shower. There is a further double bed room and two twin rooms. All bed rooms are equipped with a colour TV/DVD and a TV and DVD player in the lounge. There is also a bathroom which also has sink, bath and shower and can be accessed from the pool area to save walking through the villa in wet clothing. There is a utility room with a washer and drier and all instructions on how to operate them. The pool area is gorgeous. When we were looking for this property, it was easily one of the best pools available out there. The pool is large and there is also a spa which is no extra cost to you. The pool is covered so you are comfortable at night it also has a large deck area. The pool area is not overlooked at all, just orange trees and a golf course. Which is rare because a lot of villas are built in rows and from their pool areas, you can probably see the backs of another ten villas which is hardly private is it? The villa is very wheelchair friendly and we can also give any advice on wheelchair hire which our management company will deliver to your villa. The front garden is also very private and has a very large private driveway which is ideal if you have more than one vehicle in your party. We have enclosed more information with this pack and also booking instructions and prices. We advise that you book as early as possible so that we can make sure the property is available with our management company. We take block bookings from Virgin and Travel city Direct, so please check availability before booking your flight. Please note; there is no smoking inside the villa. On site there are tennis courts, large pool and a kiddies playground all free to use as our guests. If you have any questions at all, or perhaps it’s your first visit to Florida. Please do not hesitate to call us and we will give you our help and advice to make your holiday perfect.
Darren and Karen
If you have been to Florida before, we can say no more. If this is your first visit, we are here to help you with any questions you may have on this FANTASTIC place. Imagine all the best bits of every holiday you have ever had. Sandy beaches, acres of parkland, theme parks, excellent shopping, superb food, and golf courses everywhere, in fact anything you want to do, you are imagining Florida. We really wouldn’t want to go anywhere else.
The only way to get around is by hire car. This can be included with your air flight ticket, and is called a Flydrive.Prices are very reasonable and are around ₤300 to ₤400 each depending when you travel. We strongly recommend Sanford airport which is a 50 min drive to our villa.Sandford is a small airport (compared to American standards) and is always taking flights from Birmingham and Manchester airports.Sandford is very tourist friendly and you are usually off the plane, with your luggage, through customs and sitting in your hire car within 40 mins of arrival. Not like the UK when it takes 60 mins just to get your luggage. Enclosed are driving instructions to your villa and also key arrangements for entry into your home.
Disney and Universal Studios are excellent places to visit. They can be a little expensive, but are worth every penny. Kennedy Space Center is also mind blowing. Where else can you actually meet a real astronaut and sit in the actual space crafts that have been used in past journeys. We have enclosed details of a company who provide attraction tickets, PLEASE DO NOT BUY TICKETS OFF THE STREET; THESE ARE USUALLY A FRONT FOR TIME SHARE COMPANIES.
Food is very good and very cheap. Children up to the age of ten usually eat free in most restaurants. We recommend the Pondarosa, where you pay for the main meal and drink, and then you can eat and drink as much as you like. For a family of four the bill would come to about $30 (₤17 our money).
Please remember to take some tracksuit bottoms, those jeans may not fit on the way home. It really is very cheap out there, and travelers’ cheques are accepted like cash. Passports should be carried on your person for ID purposes. Petrol is very cheap so make good use of the car and see as much as you can, there is more to Florida than Disney.
If there is a particular place of interest that you want to visit, please just call us and we will be more than happy to find out as much information as we can to help with your vacation plans
Darren and Karen Austin.
HELP AND TIPS FOR YOUR VACATION
1. When booking your fly drive, pay for full motor insurance cover.
2 Try and avoid school holidays if possible, air travel is twice the price at peak times.
3. Take care when driving, there is no rush. Take your time and get used to the car and driving on the other side of the road before putting your foot down.
4. Use the safe in the villa to lock up your valuables and money etc (instructions are at the villa).This is a good neighbourhood, but you never know. And always keep the front doors locked when you are in the pool; don’t let anyone spoil your holiday.
5. When eating out, it is customary to tip the waiters. Rule of thumb is usually around 10% of your total bill.
6. Do not buy Attraction Tickets off the street; this is usually a front for time share companies. Either buy them before you go, or at the main gate of the attractions.
7. Carry lightweight anoraks for the parks. When it does rain, it rains hard but soon dries up.
8. Take minimal clothes. Florida is very casual and you can wash and dry clothes back at the villa. Clothes are very cheap at shopping malls such as Buena Vista shopping mall. They are about half the price than in the UK. It is useful to have an empty suitcase for on your way home, so you do not overload your cases.
9. You will see voucher booklets at restaurants and shops. Make use of them, you can save money on visits to restaurants, shops and attractions.
10. Dont buy ice, we have a ice maker in the fridge
Spacious 4bed villa with pool/spa/games room/air con.Large corner lot with orange trees behind the property. Just 15 minutes to the parks!!!