Recently-built executive 4-bed, 3-bathroom single-storey villa with SOUTH-FACING pool/spa and extended pool deck.
Located on a premier corner plot in a prestigious gated community close to Disney.
AUTOMATIC LATE BOOKING DISCOUNTS UP TO 15% OFF!!!
Our privately-owned high-specification luxury villa is located on a premium corner plot and is furnished to a superior standard. With 4 bedrooms and three bathrooms, the spacious villa accommodates 8 guests with privacy and provides the ideal location and facilities for a fantastic family or group holiday.
The villa has been furnished to a superior standard – when selecting our furniture package we opted for quality rather than economy.
All equipment has been provided for a fully self-catered family holiday, to ensure your stay is enjoyable and to remove much of the worry in planning your vacation.
The highlight of the villa is undoubtedly our SOUTH-FACING private pool/spa on an extended pool deck.
What better way to end the hectic days at the theme parks than relaxing around the pool, or taking a dip in the spa and enjoying the sometimes spectacular sunsets over the conservation area!
The pool deck area is surrounded by an insect screen and includes a removable safety fence to prevent toddlers straying into the pool area.
We have also taken measures to improve guest’s privacy around the pool area – the corner location and rear buffer zone provide improved privacy over other similar properties, and this has been enhanced by the planted hedgerow around the pool deck area. [PLEASE NOTE - the hedge has rapidly matured since the photos were taken!]
The SOUTH-FACING aspect is of particular importance to our winter guests, as north-facing pools sometimes suffer from being almost permanently in shade during the winter months!
To keep everyone entertained during the occasional rainy days, we have provided a PlayStation games console, converted the double garage to a games room and provided high-speed wireless internet access (guests to provide their own PC/laptop)
Included in the costs of your holiday are the services of our professional management company to promptly and efficiently deal with any problems you might encounter with the villa or its contents. We have employed a small family-owned company to manage and maintain our villa since we purchased it, and we have received very favourable comments from guests that have had reason to request their assistance.
The following paragraphs provide more details on various areas of the villa
The open-plan villa is light and airy, with vaulted ceilings. Being single-storey, the villa is ideally suited for the elderly or guests with restricted mobility
Furnished to a very high standard, the family area is fully-carpeted and includes:
- 2 X 3-seater leather settees,
- large-screen Cable TV with VHS and DVD players,
- multi-CD player/radio,
- overhead ceiling fan to improve air circulation
- casual tables, lamps, pictures, ornaments etc to make the villa a real “home from home”
Patio doors lead out to the pool deck area, and all other areas of the villa are directly accessible to the living area
The tiled fitted kitchen is fully-equipped, and includes the following equipment:
- full-size range (oven) and hob,
- large fridge/freezer with ice-maker,
- kitchen sink/drainer with waste disposal,
- coffee maker, kettle, toaster, food blender, food mixer, electric can opener, full range of crockery/cutlery and cooking utensils,
- all dinnerware and glassware for internal dining, and plastic ware for external dining,
The adjacent nook includes seating for 4 at the glass-topped breakfast table, with additional seating for 2 at the breakfast bar
A telephone is available with free local calls
The dining area adjoins the Family area, and provides seating for six at the quality glass-topped dining suite.
All place-settings and napkins/rings are provided for those who prefer a more formal dining experience
- a large American KING-SIZE bed, drawer unit, bedside cabinets/lamps, overhead fan, large walk-in wardrobe, TV/DVD, hairdryer, telephone,
- patio doors provide access to the pool deck.
- large private en-suite bathroom with huge roman bath and walk-in shower, separate WC, double vanity units, mirrored walls with spotlights
- American Queen-size bed, drawer unit, bedside cabinets/lamps, walk-in wardrobe, TV/DVD, hairdryer,
- access to adjacent bathroom with WC, bath, shower and washbasin
- 2 X twin beds, drawer unit, bedside cabinets/lamps, walk-in wardrobe, TV/DVD, hairdryer,
- access to shared en-suite bathroom with WC, bath, shower and washbasin
- 2 X twin beds, drawer unit, bedside cabinets/lamps, walk-in wardrobe, TV/DVD, hairdryer,
- access to shared en-suite bathroom with WC, bath, shower and washbasin
- a PlayStation 2 Console is also available for guests use
- full size washer
- full size dryer
- ironing board, iron
- Pool table, table football, electronic darts.
- Tennis racquets and balls are provided for those energetic types who want to make use of the free tennis courts
POOL DECK AREA:
- SOUTH-FACING pool/spa with extended pool deck, outside shower and large covered lanai
- receives sunshine all day all year round!
- the whole area is fully enclosed by an insect screen and includes top quality pool and outdoor dining furniture
- the pool/spa is heatable (at extra cost)
- a removable safety screen is also provided to prevent toddlers from straying into the pool area.
- a hedgerow has been planted around the outside of the insect screen - this, together with the corner location, slightly raised elevation and rear buffer zone provides improved privacy over other similar properties.
- the pool area also benefits from views over the conservation area in the West, with the occasional spectacular sunset!
The community and location
Highgate Park is a prestigious gated community in a prime location adjacent to conservation area. All construction work on the development has now been completed and the landscaping is well matured. It provides a safe, tranquil and pleasant environment for the villa guests and it is strictly maintained to a very high standard by the Home Owners Association.
The community is completely enclosed and self-contained, and is only accessible by automated pedestrian and vehicle gates, which require security codes to gain access.
Private tennis courts and a children’s playground are available in the community only a few minutes walk from our villa – these are free to use by all our villa guests.
The community is in a tranquil location near the US27/US192 junction, so it is convenient for all local points of interest
The location provides easy access to all Orlando theme parks:
- Disney (10 - 15 mins),
- Sea World (20 mins),
- Universal Studios (30 mins),
- Busch Gardens (60 mins).
The closest public golf course is 3 minutes away, and Champions Gate complex is about 15 minutes. There is an extensive range of shops and dining establishments on US27/US192, and International drive is also only a short drive away, also with a vast array of entertainment and dining.
The villa is easily accessible via all local airports:
- Orlando (30 mins),
- Sanford (45 mins),
- Tampa (60 mins).
If you fancy a trip to the seaside, both the Gulf Coast (75 minutes) and the Atlantic Coast (60 minutes) are within easy reach.
SUMMARY OF AMENITIES
Recently built 2000 sq ft luxury single-level villa on recently completed gated community (no building works!):
4 bedrooms (sleeps 8 with privacy)
3 bathrooms (all en-suite)
Tastefully furnished to a very high standard
Fully air-conditioning home
Ceiling fans in some rooms
Fully carpeted, except kitchen and bathrooms
Includes spare sets of bed-linen
Includes full set of towels for personal use and for the pool area (can be taken to the beach)
Fully-equipped kitchen with everything for those that want to self-cater
Cable TV/DVD in all bedrooms
Large -screen Cable TV/DVD/VHS in family area
Telephones with free local calls
Security alarm chimes on all windows and external doors
PlayStation 2 Console
High-speed wireless internet (broadband 2MB/10MB)
Free use of children's play area and tennis court (racquets available)
Private screened pool and spa - SOUTH-FACING!
Pool heating available
Extended pool deck
Covered lanai with ceiling fan
Privacy features - external hedgerow, slightly raised elevation, premium corner plot, rear buffer zone
Restricted views of conservation area
Fantastic location - close to everything
Peaceful community, located well away from main highways
Secure gated community
Diligent homeowners association (who insist on maintaining the community to a very high standard!)
We stayed at this property in May 2015 and we had a really great time. The accommodation is very spacious and in very good condition – if anything the pictures do not do it justice. There is a really good array of kitchen equipment and home furnishings which really made it feel like a home from home. We accidentally broke an internal door handle when we were there and the maintenance man was very accommodating and even offered to come out and fix it straightaway even though it was 8pm in the evening!
We have two small children (6 and 4 years of age) and they really enjoyed the pool area including the abundance of inflatables and pool toys that were left out for us to use. Whilst we didn’t need it as our children can swim, there is a mesh fence that you can use to restrict access to the pool so that children can play safely outside away from the pool area. The pool area is also surrounded by evergreen bushes which meant that it feels very secluded.
In terms of location, it is a very nice gated community and a very quiet location. It is ideally situated for all theme parks and there is a Publix (supermarket) less than 5 minutes drive away and a Walmart about 10 minutes away. It is also ideally situated for the retail outlets.
This was a great house to stay in and after a busy day at the theme parks it was a wonderful place to relax.
raymond from Ivybridge
Stayed 04 May 2015
My family and I stayed at this villa in may 2015. It was an ideal location to rest our weary feet after a long day at the parks. The communication from the owner was accurate and informative, the villa was as described in the advert and was everything we could have wished for. We would certainly recommend this villa and we will be back soon.
Paul from Stittsville
Stayed 01 Feb 2015 with Friends
We did not have a pleasant experience at this villa. The house is located right as you enter that gated compound. This means that every vehicle that enters or leaves the community drives by the house. When you're outside at the lanai, you hear every vehicle as they have to slow down and speed up to enter or exit at the gates. It is also not private as the only area without shrubs is where the main exterior seating section which happens to be beside the main street and sidewalk of the compound.
We also found 2 dead roaches in the games room on our first day, which means that the villa was not cleaned or serviced thoroughly prior to our arrival. We also found a live roach in the middle of the night in the master bathroom. We paid a premium for pool heat and we were without heat for 2 days. I contacted the owner and he refused to reimburse me for those 2 days, saying that my complaint was not quantifiable.
Most of the cookware was severely scratched. Scratched Teflon has been linked to causing cancer. The VCR/DVD combo did not work at all. The pool had a tissue under the solar blanket and was dirty with leaves, despite this being a screened in outdoor area. The dishwasher had missing wheels on the bottom drawer which meant that one had to lift the heavy drawer for it to open and close properly.
I wish I could post pictures on this review board, for I took pictures of the above mentioned issues, however it does not appear to let me post them. I have stayed in this same gated community about 6 houses down a few years ago, and had a MUCH more pleasant experience than this time. It was the exact same type of house, except the floor plan was reversed. We had no issues there whatsoever, and the owner was even so kind as to leave a GPS in the closet for guests to use while down there, and also did not charge to use his barbecue. All this for around the same price.
We also requested an early check-in but the cleaners were there so we had to go elsewhere and could not get access to villa until shortly before 16:00 despite having driven over 2000 km to get to our destination.
In response to the previous adverse comments, we would like to state that this is the FIRST complaint we have ever received in all our years of renting. To our knowledge, all our guests have loved their visit to our villa, and we have many guests that make repeat visits (one has been privately renting the villa for the past 8 years, one for the past 7 years!). We were sorry that this particular guest found so many problems when previous guests have reported none, and we personally responded in-depth to the points he raised, but we declined to offer a refund (which we would ALWAYS consider, even if only for goodwill). To briefly respond to the specific criticisms -
1) Refund: the guest specifically requested 2 days pool heat be refunded. One day the pool heat was working but he did not read the spa operating instructions properly. He called out the management agents (at extra cost to us), even though there was no fault. The other day he says the pool heater circuit breaker tripped which he fixed (we’re not sure how, as its in a locked box), but he never reported that to the agents and couldn’t say for how long. He also requested the NONREFUNDABLE damage waiver fee be refunded, which we declined
2) Villa location: we (and all our other guests) LOVE the corner location, as it’s spacious, in a well-lit safe location (and easy to find in the dark after a long tiring journey!). It was classed as a premium plot and we paid a premium for it. We have never experienced undue traffic noise, and none of our other guests have reported it either.
3) Pool privacy: our pool privacy is far superior to many similar villas. There is a small un-hedged area next to the lanai that was deliberately kept free for access to emergency water supplies, which does not unduly impact privacy. But 90% is hedged, whereas many other villas have 0%.
4) Cleanliness: the villa was thoroughly cleaned two days before the visit. The dead insects in the garage can happen at any time. When he reported seeing a live insect, he declined a repeat visit from our pest control company, even though the treatments they regularly apply are completely non-toxic to humans
5) Scratched cookware and other “broken” items: this is a family villa, and the equipment can get damaged and occasionally breaks down. We rely on guests to report any breakages so we can get things replaced/repaired speedily, but normal wear and tear is to be expected. Nothing was reported to the management agents. The comment regarding scratched Teflon is totally out of context, and one of the pictures he sent us clearly showed deliberate damage to some cookware (we suspect by previous guests children) which has now been replaced.
6) Dirty pool: this was cleaned 2 days before. The dirt referred to came from the solar blanket when it was rolled back, and is quickly cleaned by the filtration system. However, the agents visited and cleaned it again.
7) Early check-in: we provisionally allowed the guest an early check-in (at no extra cost!) on condition he called the management agents before arrival to ensure the villa was ready. Our agents assure us they prepared the villa a few days before (explicitly to allow this) and received no such call.
tabitha from liverpool
Stayed 24 Jul 2012
The property is in an excellent location and is a gorgeous villa. The pool area was excellent plenty of space to sunbathe and also to eat outside under shade.
the villa itself was immaculate and well maitained.
I would stay there again in the future and i would recommend it to a friend.
Glynn from Weston-super-Mare
Stayed 06 Apr 2011
This villa in a gated community was in excellent clean condition. The management company were quick and efficient to sort out a couple of minor problems. The pool was a good size and heated and maintained metiulously by people we never saw. The kitchen was well equipped, the bedrooms all had televisions and worked. All bathrooms were excellent, the showers and toilets were very efficient.
Would I use it again-Definitely. The only slight issue is the lounge area has two 3 seater sofas, might be a bit small if all eight beds taken, but there are tellys in everyroom, plenty of seating around the place, dont letb this put you off this one. April 2011
Excellent accommodation in a secure gated property. We have stayed in legacy park in previous years & this property lived up to expectations . The house is like home from home we will definitely return . The owners are very friendly & informative as is the management staff in Florida. The only disappointment we had was when we had to hand the keys back & come home.
1 - 6 of 6
4 other reviews
Andre and Anastasia St Amand
After renting various homes for a month in this area, we found this beautiful villa 7 years ago and we now return here every year for 7 weeks. We are very happy to have found this villa as we know each year what to expect of our Florida vacation -- no bad surprises. The villa is always clean and well maintained. The pool is toasty warm and cleaned regularly. Between the owner and the management company we are so well taken care of. Any small maintenance issue that arises, as it will even at home, is addressed immediately. We would highly recommend this villa to any of our friends except for the weeks we want to come here.
Andre and Anastasia St Amand
Review from private guest (stayed at villa 27-05-11 to 10-06-11)
This was our 2nd time staying at your villa, and once again the accomodation was wonderful! You provided us with a home away from home. It is situated in such a lovely community that a morning lazing by the pool is never interrupted by noises from other villas. The home itself is very luxurious, spacious throughout and all the fittings were of high quality. The management company were very friendly, and the one time we contacted them they arrived within 5 minutes. It is a perfect distance away from all the main attractions and also supermarkets and restaurants. A hotel just wont cut it anymore! Looking forward to our 3rd stay!
Adie and Jennie C, Poole
Just wanted to say a huge thank you! We had an absolutely amazing time and so much of that was down to the lovely accomodation. The villa is absolutely gorgeous and so comfortable. We had such a great time. Thank you for all your help making it feel so easy to organise. It saved us a lot of stress. Adie loved it so much that he has already decided that he wants to return for the easter hols 2011!!Jennie and Adie C, Aug 2009
Our stay at your villa was great and I can't fault your property in any way.The furnishings were good and our stay was extremely comfortable!I will always consider your villa again for any future Florida holiday we may have and I will recommend you to any of our family and friends.Thanks again for making this so easy.G Smith**********************************************************Villa was excellent – quality of furnishings/contents exceeded our expectations. The booking process etc was fine and the information you supplied was very useful.The agents were fine – we used then once to fix a problem with the key code. They were in the area and turned up immediately.I would have no problem in recommending your villa to family and friends.S Driscoll***********************************************************We really enjoyed our stay at your home in Florida and would have no problem recommending it to friends or considering staying there again ourselves.We will certainly retain details of your offer for future consideration.C Keaney************************************************************We had a really great time, the villa was stunning and we will definatly be going back to florida again. we would like to book your villa again sometime next year if thats at all possible. D Kerins
Note from Homeowner: The previous reviews are GENUINE comments from some of our recent guests who have used our villa BEFORE we registered with rentalsystems.com.
1. Free local telephone calls (calling card or credit card required for long distance)
2. TV/DVD in each bedroom and lounge
3. Cots available for hire
4. Internet is high-speed fibre
5. Games room and games console
6. Pool deck and landscaped area is south-facing
7. Pool area has surrounding hedge for improved privacy
8. BBQ available for hire
9. Restricted views over conservation area (nice sunsets!)
About the owner
We are married with 3 children and have lived in Dorset on the South coast of England for 15 years. I run my own IT Consultancy business and my wife works as a Teaching Assistant in a school for Autistic children. We have owned our Florida Villa since 2005 and have been renting it out since mid-2006. In addition to renting the villa we take every opportunity to enjoy it ourselves and have had many happy family holidays there.
Owner score421 Calendar updated: 5 days ago Last logged in: 5 days ago