Chateau with 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms in Wooler, England
From £1,139 per week
Chateau to rent in Wooler, England
For those looking to escape to the countryside and spend some quality time with loved ones, whilst treating themselves to some much-needed luxury, Glendale House is the perfect choice! This stunning.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
For those looking to escape to the countryside and spend some quality time with loved ones, whilst treating themselves to some much-needed luxury, Glendale House is the perfect choice! This stunning, fully-refurbished, Victorian semi-detached home oozes luxury, whilst still offering some country charm. Located in the border town of Wooler, on the edge of the beautiful Cheviot Hills, this is the perfect location for exploring Northumberland. Whether you are looking to take day trips to the beach, explore the areas heritage, walk among the picturesque hills or just fully relax at the house, there is something for everyone!
Built in 1890, Glendale House still maintains elements of its original charms, with the open fire still in place perfect for cosy evenings in the winter! Downstairs you will find a spacious galley kitchen with large windows overlooking the south-west facing patio, perfect for cooking some delicious family meals. The dining area has an almost floor-to-ceiling window overlooking the garden which then leads into the snug with the wood burning stove. Each room is bright, spacious and elegant, creating a relaxed atmosphere that is very easy to settle into. The lounge is a grand room focused around the original open fire, this is the perfect space to spend time as a group, getting to fully enjoy each others company! Glendale House comfortably sleeps ten guests, with five fabulous double bedrooms. All the bedrooms can be found on the top two floors, two of which offer en-suites, whilst the remaining rooms share two family bathrooms.
Outside you will find a pretty patio, furnished for your comfort and perfect for dining outside in the summer months. There is also a barbecue for your use! The patio leads to the gorgeous garden and the luxurious hot tub which comfortably sits eight guests. This charming and stylish property has something for everyone, a perfect country retreat.
Beautifully refurbished Victorian, semi-detached home, perfect for the modern family seeking a country escape.
- Spacious galley kitchen overlooking the patio
- Dining area with floor-to-ceiling windows
- Snug with a wood-burning stove
- Lounge with the original open-fire
- Family bathroom
- Master bedroom with a super king-size bed, fabulous roll-top bath and en-suite
- Bedroom 2: Twin beds or Super king-size bed, with fitted wardrobes
- Bedroom 3: King-size bed, with a beautiful armoir
- Family bathroom
- Bedroom 4: King-size bed with plenty of storage
- Bedroom 5: Twin beds and en-suite bathroom
- Furnished patio
- Barbecue : There is a charcoal BBQ provided with the understanding the BBQ is cleaned after use and left as it is found. One bag of charcoal will be provided for use and can be found in the summerhouse.
- Beautiful garden
- Hot tub (7-8 guests)
- Parking: Private parking is available for 4 cars on the driveway which is gated. Additional cars can be parked on the roadside outside.
- Smart TV's in the lounge
- Snug and Country Room with access to Netflix
- Bluetooth music system and free unlimited Wi-Fi.
Situated in the friendly and vibrant country town of Wooler, Glendale House is within a short walking distance of the pretty high street, with a small but plentiful selection of local shops, pubs, restaurants and cafes. Wooler is often referred to as a perfect base for walking as it sits on the edge of the Cheviot Hills. Make sure you take a picnic to Langleeford, at the foot of the Cheviot Hills, it is walkers paradise with breath-taking 360-degree views. Chillingham Castle and Walled Garden is also just 6-miles away, perfect for exploring with children, taking in the full history and grizzly past of the castle! There are even night-time ghost tours to experience the castle and grounds after dark!
Located just a 30-minute drive from the ever-popular seaside towns of Bamburgh and Seahouses, both offering beautiful beaches. They are perfect for a day trip to the coast. Make sure you visit the fabulous Bamburgh castle, popular with kids and adults alike, making it a fabulous family activity.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 10 reviews for their other properties.
Outside this chateau in Wooler, EnglandThis chateau has a barbecue.
Prices and availability
Updated 19 June 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 20 June - 19 December 2019: changeover days are Monday and Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 20 December 2019 - 5 January 2020: changeover days are Monday and Friday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 6 January - 20 December 2020: changeover days are Monday and Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 December 2020 - 3 January 2021: changeover days are Monday and Friday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 4 January - 19 December 2021: changeover days are Monday and Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 20 December 2021 - 19 June 2022: changeover days are Monday and Friday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
5 bedrooms, Sleeps 10
Internet / WiFi, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 27 bookings
Response rate: 91%
Response time: within 22 hours
Last seen: 10 minutes ago
Number of properties: over 1,000