Cottage with 7 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms in Windermere, England
From £1,665 per week
Cottage to rent in Windermere, England
A stunning display of contemporary interior design within a magnificent Victorian residence, a stay at the Orrest House is a truly unique opportunity for 14 incredibly lucky guests.
Share this holiday home
Cottage overview - owner's description
A stunning display of contemporary interior design within a magnificent Victorian residence, a stay at the Orrest House is a truly unique opportunity for 14 incredibly lucky guests!
You will enter this grand statement property via a set of Victorian steps out front and will be welcomed into the entrance hall which leads into two separate reception rooms. From the outset you can sense the sophistication and unique quality of this enormous property. On this ground floor there are the first two living rooms, the main one enjoys four large sofas in front of the woodburning stove and TV, and the smaller one is a perfect TV lounge. Throughout both rooms the decor is chic, with a boutique feel thanks to the quirky furniture set against a mostly monochrome palette, with vibrant splashes of dazzling colour!
On the lower level you will find the spectacular modern kitchen, complete with a central island and huge cooker ideal for getting the whole group involved with meal prep and rustling up something of a feast! A large fridge/freezer with ice dispenser and a Quooker boil tap for instant boiling water will make daily life a breeze. From the kitchen you can directly access the conservatory and terraced patio areas, and this large set of glass doors and huge windows create a lovely warm atmosphere through the kitchen. A formal dining area sits alongside the kitchen. On this floor you will also find a cosier living room with a comfy sofa in front of the TV.
The first of the seven exquisite bedrooms can be found on this lower level, alongside the fabulous kitchen/dining room and the den. This makes it the ideal room for the night owls who like to stay up late, or for young children so you can easily nip in and keep an eye on them in the evenings. In total there are five rooms with king-size beds, one of which is a four-poster bed, and two rooms, including the aforementioned room, with a choice between a super-king size bed or two single beds. This flexibility ensures groups of all shapes and sizes can comfortably make Orrest House their home! Each of the seven rooms is accompanied by a luxurious bathroom, all of which have a bath, shower and delightful fluffy towels!
Out in your garden you can enjoy a fabulous patio, complete with a comfortable array of furniture in which you can kick back and enjoy the fine weather. A barbeque here provides the perfect opportunity for a relaxing day in the sunshine, alfresco dining, chatting and soaking up the wonderful rural ambience.
You're just a five-minute stroll away from the bustling village of Windermere, with tons of restaurants, cafes and traditional country pubs. Access to Windemere Lake is also only a few minutes' stroll from the village centre at Bowness Bay, where you can hire a boat or take a cruise with Windermere Lake Cruises which depart regularly to both Ambleside and Lakeside.
Lower Ground Floor
- Kitchen with central island, huge cooker, American style fridge/freezer with ice dispenser, Quooker boil tap, microwave and dishwasher, with opening into a conservatory and terraced patio areas
- Dining area alongside kitchen
- Den with curved comfy sofa, Sky Sports
- Bedroom with super king-size bed (or twins if preferred) with original sash window
- Bathroom with bath with shower over
- Living room with four sofas, woodburning stove, TV
- TV room
- Bedroom with king-size bed, easy access to the living areas, with funky bathroom including large walk-in shower, separate bath, double basins and underfloor heating.
- Bedroom with king-size bed, easy access to the living areas, with a roll top bath in the bedroom and a separate shower room
- Master bedroom with king-sized four-poster bed, spacious with original bay window, hand-painted furniture and bathroom with two-person walk-in rain shower, V&A free-standing bath and underfloor heating, with views towards Claife Heights
- Bedroom with super-king double (can be twins if preferred), with bathroom with underfloor heating, double washbasins and a remote control for the shower, so you can perfect the temperature before you even get out of bed
- Bedroom with hand-carved mahogany king-size bed, Venetian glass dressing table, with windows facing south and east, bathroom has double basins, shower, separate bath and underfloor heating
- Bedroom with king-size bed, romantic, north-west viewing, rococo furniture and double-ended free-standing bath in the room. Separate bathroom with underfloor heating, walk-in shower and views toward Claife Heights
- Patio with furniture
- Sky multi-room TV package
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Private parking for 5 car
Orrest House is nestled just moments away from Windermere village, with its many quaint cafes, traditional pubs and fantastic restaurants to enjoy, as well as outdoors shops and large supermarkets for your convenience. Access to Windemere Lake is also only a few minutes' stroll from the village centre at Bowness Bay, where you can hire a boat or take a cruise with Windermere Lake Cruises which depart regularly to both Ambleside and Lakeside.
Windermere is England's largest lake, at 10.5 miles long and 219 feet at its deepest point! And unsurprisingly is one of the most famous and popular areas in the whole of the Lake District, with unrivalled hiking, cycling and water-sports on offer, not to mention attractions including crazy golf, climbing, hot air ballooning and orienteering! It is a quaint and lively town with plenty of local shops, a Booths supermarket and the flagship store for Lakeland.
The slightly larger town of Bowness-on-Windermere is also just 2 minutes away and offers an Information Centre with plenty of useful tips for visitors, as well as a vibrant hub of activity around Bowness Bay, where you can even hire rowing boats.
Something of a mecca for cyclists (bikes can be hired just seconds from the house!), walkers and water-sports enthusiasts, the landscapes awaiting you have to be seen to be believed! Leave the car behind and lose yourself in the fresh air! For the true adventurers, unbeatable skiing, climbing and mountain-biking can be found throughout the Park, while more relaxing pursuits including boat hire and golf can be found a stone's throw away.
Nearby attractions including the Lakes Aquarium, with the UK's largest collection of freshwater fish, the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway, where you can enjoy a 3.5-mile steam locomotive trip into the Leven Valley and the delightful World of Beatrix Potter, where the fabulous animals of Beatrix Potter's tales are brought to life in three dimensions! All make for a great day out for all ages and can easily be combined for those short on time thanks to their proximity.
The Lake District is England's largest National Park, with more than 3100km of rights of way, you can walk, cycle and ride yourself silly through this enchanting valley as you marvel at some of the world's best scenery! Adventure courses, boat hire, all kinds of water-sports and much more ensure you can take the Lakes at your own pace, be that racing down the mountains on a bike, fell-running up them or gliding through them on a Launch, the possibilities are endless!
This cottage does not have any reviews but the agent has 14 reviews for their other properties.
Prices and availability
Updated 20 October 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 21 October 2019 - 20 October 2022: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
7 bedrooms, Sleeps 14
Internet / WiFi, Satellite / cable
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 39 bookings
Response rate: 91%
Response time: within 22 hours
Last seen: an hour ago
Number of properties: over 1,000