Chateau with 12 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms in Trossachs, Scotland
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £12,855 per week
Chateau to rent in Trossachs, Scotland
Chateau overview - owner's description
Callander House really is one-of-a-kind, it is the private residence of the Scottish artist Stuart McAlpine Miller and his wife, Nikki.
Callander House really is one-of-a-kind, it is the private residence of the Scottish artist Stuart McAlpine Miller and his wife, Nikki. It beautifully showcases the unique and contemporary style of the artist and makes a wonderfully unique base for your Scottish escape. The handsome country Scots baronial house dates back to 1835 but has been elegantly modernised and today boasts state-of-the-art interiors and a range of modern amenities. It holds a fabulous location nestled amongst twelve acres of private land with uninterrupted views over Ben Ledi and the Highlands and makes the perfect base for exploring Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park.
The house can accommodate up to twenty-two guests across twelve luxurious bedrooms. The impressive living accommodation can be found on the ground floor and comprises of a 100ft reception room, a morning room boasting a baby grand piano and a spectacular dining room with bespoke seating featuring “The Savoy Series” of artworks. The library makes a cosy place to curl up with a good read next to the open fire while the entertainment room with its gin and whisky honesty bar and 7-foot pool table is the perfect way to spend an evening with close friends and family.
Heading upstairs, on the main floor guests will find the Emperor suite with its impressive feature Jacuzzi and an assortment of four poster and king-size double bedrooms. Upstairs again, on the third floor are a further three double bedrooms which share the use of a luxury family bathroom, a self-contained kitchen area and a turret cinema room! Going back downstairs, on the basement gallery level are a further three bedrooms, family bathroom boasting luxury double shower as well as the art gallery where a range of art works, including the luxury silk sleepwear are available to purchase.
Outside, the 12 acres of gardens are completely private surrounded by mature trees, hedges and the River Teith to the west, the property has fishing rights to both salmon and trout. Guests will never get tired of admiring the uninterrupted views over Ben Ledi with the impressive highlands in the distance.
Good news! This property is available as a Vill'otelYey! Wait… what is that?
It's the perfect combo of the privacy of your own personal villa, with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel. What's included?
Breakfast, cleaning, welcome drinks and hamper, plus more! Check the Extras tab for all the details.
- Reception room (100ft) with several seating and dining areas
- Morning room with digital baby grand piano and games cupboard, including croquet set
- Library with large assortment of books and open fire
- Kitchen with double electric oven, Aga, boiling hot water tap, 2 x dishwashers, American-style fridge freezer and breakfast bar
- Dining room with bespoke seating featuring "The Savoy Series" of artworks (*can seat between 12-18, a further round table can accomodate a further 8 guests)
Entertainment room with gin & whisky honesty bar, 7 foot pool table and drum kit
Main Floor (sleeps 12)
Bedroom with four poster double with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom with twin double beds and en-suite bathroom
- Emperor suite with double bed and luxury en-suite bathroom boasting feature Jacuzzi with underwater music and lights system
- Bedroom with four poster double and access to shared bathroom
Bedroom with king-size double and access to shared bathroom
Third Floor (sleeps 6)
Bedroom with double bed
- Bedroom with double bed
- Bedroom with four poster double
- Self contained kitchen
Turret cinema room
Basement Gallery (sleeps 8)
Bedroom with four poster double
- Bedroom with superking size double
- Family room with twin single beds
- Bathroom with luxury double shower
- Art gallery with a collection of art works for sale
Gym with running machine, spin bike, free weights, aerial yoga swing and powerplate
12 acres of private grounds
Salmon & trout fishing rights in the River Teith
- Sonos music system throughout the ground floor
- 2 x washing machines & dryers
Callander House has a fantastic location in easy reach of both Glasgow and Edinburgh and makes a excellent base for exploring Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park. The house is situated in the small town of Callander, known as the "the gateway to the highlands", here handy local amenities can be found including shops and restaurant just a 15-minute stroll from your front door.
These activities, and more, can be arranged upon request, or aguide to explore yourself.
- Fishing – private fishing rights for Salmon and Trout on our private section of the River Teith
- Bike Hire - lots of trails nearby, including the Rob Roy Way from Callander Meadows
- Water sports – anything from paddle boarding ‘SUP' on nearby Loch Lubnaig to learning to Wake Board on Loch Lomond, the perfect way to explore the Lochs
- Hiking – a ghilly can show you all the local routes, including the
beautiful Ben A'an, pictured here. Other nearby locations include The Crags, Bracklin Falls, Rob Roy Way, Ben Ledi and the numerous Lochs and mountains
- Picnic Butler – a luxury picnic of local produce can be arranged with our private ranger. Who also offers guidance on foraging, how to build a fire and the local wild life
- Honesty Gin & Whisky bar, cocktail menu provided
- Private Gym – offering Aerial Yoga, VibraDon Plate, Body Pump,
Spin and Running (no classes but DVD's, tutors can be arranged
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Prices and availability
Updated 25 April 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 4 May - 11 May 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 25 May - 1 June 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 3 August - 10 August 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 24 August - 31 August 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 30 November - 7 December 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 20 December 2018 - 2 January 2019: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 3 January - 11 April 2019: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 12 April - 26 April 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 3 May - 10 May 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 24 May - 31 May 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 2 August - 9 August 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 23 August - 30 August 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 29 November - 6 December 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 19 December 2019 - 1 January 2020: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 2 January 2020 - 2 January 2025: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
12 bedrooms, Sleeps 26
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire