The Vickers And Wing
Chateau with 13 bedrooms and 11 bathrooms in United Kingdom
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £6,255 per week
Chateau to rent in United Kingdom
Chateau overview - owner's description
The Vickers is a superb venue for a large family gathering, wedding or corporate get-together.
The Vickers is a superb venue for a large family gathering, wedding or corporate get-together. This beautiful Victorian vicarage has been completely refurbished to the highest standards and has the flexibility to be used as the base for gatherings for up to 22 people.
The property is situated in the village of Malborough, near Salcombe in the South Hams. A lovely, quaint village with a shop and traditional pubs in an area of outstanding natural beauty in South Devon. From the large balcony on the first floor, guests can enjoy panoramic views of glorious rolling countryside leading to the coast just a couple of miles away. Guests can relax in comfort, enjoying spacious, state-of-the-art facilities within a period setting retaining the character of the old building.
The house itself offers accommodation for either 22 people or an additional 16 if needed using the adjoining east wing of the property. Should you wish to arrange for any additional guests (up to 2 or 3 max) this can be arranged with the owners discretion, at an additional cost. For larger parties there is the option to also use the nearby hotel 200 yards away which sleeps 20. There are also two self-catering cottages opposite the hotel that sleep a further 12.
*For Summer 2017 bookings, please note that there is a 7-night minimum stay.
The property has been fully renovated to a very high standard, retaining the character of the original building, but introducing a lavish level of comfort and facilities to ensure you and your guests feel pampered and indulged!
Main House - Sleeps 22
- Entrance porch
- Lobby with Minton tile floor
- Games room with open fire, surround sound, table football
- American pool, air hockey, Sony PlayStation 2 and 50" plasma screen with Sky Freeview
- Morning room with 2 open fires, surround sound, full Sky TV, DVD, Sony PlayStation 2 and 50" plasma screen, this room also has a writing desk with a laptop & colour wireless printer and a double sofa bed
- Cloakroom with WC & wash hand basin
- Drawing room with open fire, surround sound, full Sky TV, DVD, Sony PlayStation 2 and 50" plasma screen
- Kitchen with surround sound, 4 oven Aga, hob, oven, microwave, dishwasher, USA fridge, breakfast bar and an interesting glass 'window' in the floor looking into an illuminated Victorian well underneath
- Dining room leading off the kitchen with surround sound, dining table to seat 24, full Sky TV, DVD, 50" plasma screen
- Wet room leading into the garden with shower and WC, which can be used to accommodate well behaved dogs
- Double bedroom with Sky Freeview TV, DVD and en-suite with shower, and French windows leading out onto a superb sun terrace with loungers
- Further double bedroom with Sky Freeview TV, DVD and en-suite with shower, and French windows leading out onto a superb sun terrace with loungers
- Lounge with double sofa bed, Full Sky TV, DVD, CD player & Juliet balcony
- Double bedroom leading off lounge with Sky Freeview TV, DVD and en-suite with shower
- Bedroom with 4 single beds Sky Freeview TV, DVD, en-suite with shower and Juliet balcony
- Double bedroom with Sky Freeview TV, DVD & en-suite with shower
- Bedroom with bunk bed Sky Freeview TV, DVD and en-suite with shower
- Further bedroom with bunk bed, Sky Freeview TV, DVD and en-suite with shower
- Laundry room with washing machine, tumble dryer and ironing board
- Double bedroom with Sky Freeview TV, DVD & en-suite with shower
- Wireless broadband internet and colour wireless printer
East Wing - Sleeps 16
The East Wing is available along with the main property and caters for up to 16 guests. It is separately accessed from the main house, but has an adjoining door on the first floor.
- Entrance lobby
- Lounge with double sofa bed, Sky Freeview TV, DVD & CD player
- Wet room with WC, shower & basin
- Kitchen with electric hob, oven, microwave, fridge freezer and dishwasher
- Dining area with seating for 8 people
- Twin bedroom with hand basin & TV/DVD player
- 2 x Double bedrooms with hand basin & TV/DVD player
- Attic bedroom (restrcted headroom) with double sofa bed, 2 x twin beds & TV/DVD player
- Family bathroom with WC, basin & shower
Malborough is dominated by All Saints Church, a landmark which can be seen for many miles around. The Church dates back to the 13th century and several local manors were mentioned in the Domesday book. The village is more tranquil than Salcombe and Kingsbridge and has its own character with many thatched cottages and old houses. There is a post office, garage, small supermarket, two public houses, and The Lodge Hotel.
Things To Do
- Visit the safe and sandy beaches at Salcombe, Hope Cove, Thurlestone and Bantham.
- Shopping at Salcombe, Kingsbridge & Dartmouth.
- Golf at Thurlestone, Bigbury & Dartmouth.
- Walk a section of the South West Coastal Path.
- Enjoy watersports such as windsurfing, canoeing and water skiing at South Sands (one mile away).
- Hire a boat and explore Salcombe harbour.
- Visit the cathedral cities of Exeter & Plymouth.
- Horse riding along the country lanes or over Dartmoor.
- Horse Racing at Exeter & Newton Abbot.
- Visit Paignton Zoo or Dartmoor Wildlife Park.
- Enjoy rugby at Exeter Chiefs or Plymouth Albion or the local teams of Salcombe and Kingsbridge.
- Enjoy a dinner dance at the famous Art Deco Burgh Island Hotel.
- Visit the New Angel at Dartmouth.
The following services are included in the rent:
- Welcome hamper containing afternoon tea
- Logs and utilities
- Towels, bed linen & toiletries
- Wireless broadband internet access
- Colour laser jet printer
- Use of hands-free telephones
The following services can be arranged with other trusted business associates:
- Cooked or continental breakfast to be pre-ordered each evening
- Full/partial catering
- Child minding
- Food shopping
- Unpacking service (Tesco online can deliver)
- Pre-prepared homemade Aga ready meals
- Facsimile and photocopier
- Hire of a 12-seater Land Rover, and driver
This is by no means an exhaustive list, so please just contact Oliver's VIP Concierge Team to help you arrange any of those little extras that can really make the difference.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 1 review for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Prices and availability
Updated 19 August 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 14 July - 3 September 2017: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 4 September - 19 December 2017: changeover days are Monday, Friday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 20 December - 28 December 2017: changeover days are Monday, Friday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 29 December 2017 - 5 January 2018: changeover days are Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 6 January - 5 April 2018: changeover days are Monday, Friday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 6 April - 22 April 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 23 April - 12 July 2018: changeover days are Monday, Friday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 13 July - 2 September 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 3 September - 18 December 2018: changeover days are Monday, Friday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 19 December - 27 December 2018: changeover days are Monday, Friday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 5 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
13 bedrooms, Sleeps 38
Internet / WiFi
Car hire optional