Cotswold Manor Estate
Chateau with 19 bedrooms and 12 bathrooms in Temple Guiting, England
From £24,230 per week
Chateau to rent in Temple Guiting, England
This quintessential English country Estate near Stow-on-the-Wold is the perfect setting for large family gatherings and celebrations in a idyllic countryside.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
This quintessential English country Estate near Stow-on-the-Wold is the perfect setting for large family gatherings and celebrations in a idyllic countryside. The estate has been lovingly resorted and offers all the services of a boutique hotel.
Cotswold Manor Estate streches over 14.5 acres and can sleep up to 30 guests. The Estate consists of five propeties including The Manor House, Barn, Granary, Cow Byre and Peacock shed. All of which are surrounded by the exquisite award-winning gardens.
The 5-bedroom Manor house has been privately owned since the 15th century and is steeped in English history. It has been beautifully refurbished and is now available as an exclusive home to rent for those seeking a discrete retreat away from the hassle of city living. For relaxation in an atmosphere of tranquillity and charm in a classic Cotswold village, this estate is a wonderful place to stay, be it to spend time with friends and family, entertain clients, or arrange team building for corporate groups.
The luxuriously converted barn contains 5 themed suites, from the elegant gold room, to the exotic African room. The cookery lessons also take place in the barn, where clients can enjoy a selection of set seasonal courses.
In addition to the barn there is a delightful one bedroom cottage, combining ancient charm and modern luxury. The cottage sleeps 2 with its own private garden, and magnificent views across the river Windrush.
Good news! This property is available as a Vill'otelYey! Wait… what is that?
It's the perfect combo of the privacy of your own personal villa, with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel. What's included?
Breakfast, cleaning, welcome drinks and hamper, plus more! Check the Extras tab for all the details.
The Estate consists of the stunning five-bedroom 15th century Manor House, a luxuriously converted five-bedroom barn, a newly launched three-bedroom Granary and two idyllic one-bedroom hideaways perfect for party overspills.The self-contained Cow Byre and the Grade I listed Peacock Shed.
Manor | 5 bedrooms | Hot Tub
- Kitchen: Equipped with Miele Appliances, microwave, fridge, freezer, plate warmer, wine cooler,dishwasher
- Main Dining Room with a billiard table to seat 30
- Dining Room/Hallway with a dining table to seat 12
- Formal Lounge with an open fire- Formal Lounge open fire feature
- Snug/Cinema Room equipped with LCD TV, Sky and DVD player, Playstation, board games (DVD library included)
- Downstairs cloakroom
- Master Bedroom with super king bed (configurable as twin) with en-suite and bath
- The Bentley Bedroom with four poster bed with en-suite (Bentley Bathroom) with a bath and walk in shower
- The Labrador Bedroom with super king bed (configurable as twin), small en-suite shower room (with seat) Extra bathroom on this floor with bath Second Floor (Attic)Attic
- Main Bedroom with super king size /twin bed
- Snug Bedroom with super king bed (configurable as twin) (height restrictions due to beams)
- Snug with two built in single beds perfect for children going through to main bedroom
Barn | 5 bedrooms | Hot Tub
- Kitchen and Dining Room a modern Corian design equipped with a table seating 14; 2x dishwasher; 2x ovens; fridge/freezer; 5 burner gas hob; iPod / CD player
- Utility with washing machine, tumble dryer, additional fridge, coat hooks, storage
- Living Room equipped with Sky TV, DVD Player, DVD library, Bose iPod dock, boardgames
- Gallery with a desk and Wi-Fi
- The Canopy Gold Bedroom with super king sized bed with a walk in shower / wet room
- The Blue Bedroom with super king bed (configurable as twin) with a walk in shower / wet room. There is also a double day bed, which can be used for two children or one adult at an additional cost.
- The African Bedroom with super king bed (configurable as twin) and ensuite with a bath
- The White Bedroom with super king bed (configurable as twin) and ensuite with a bath
- The Pink Bedroom with super king bed, plus ensuite with a bath. There is also a day bed which can be used as a small single bed for children at an additional cost.
Granary | 3 bedrooms
- Kitchen, Dining & Living Space. A chic, contemporary kitchen seating six; dishwasher; oven; fridge; induction hob; Sky TV, DVD Player, Bose iPod dock,
- Cloakrooom with downstairs WC
- Master Suite with super king bed (configurable as twin) with en-suite shower & bath
- Mini Double with standard double bed with ensuite shower room next door. This is a small, cosy standard double room which can sleep 2 adults or is perfect for children with
additional hanging space in the corridor
- Second Floor Suite with super king bed (configurable as twin) and spacious ensuite with roll top bath and shower
Cow Byre | 1 bedroom
- Open Plan Kitchen / Living Room with Sky TV and Wi-fi
- Master Bedroom with a double bed with walk in shower room
- Outside has a small private garden with a BBQ and seatin
Peacock Shed | 1 bedroom
- Corner Kitchenette with fridge and coffee / tea making facilities, television and Wi-fi
- Master Bedroom with a king sized bed and walk in shower room television and Wi-fi
- Outside there is a vegetable garden with shepherds hut
- Set in approximately 14.5 acres, Cotswold Manor offers an all-weather astro-turf tennis court, wonderful views across the River Windrush, gently rolling fields and the Manor's own lake.
- The exceptional gardens were designed by Jinny Blom, the landscape gardener chosen by The Prince of Wales to design the "Healing Garden" at the 2002 Chelsea Flower Show, which won the Royal Horticultural Society's Silver Medal.
- Large water feature garden, lawned lower garden, hidden hot tub, Weber charcoal BBQ, garden table, table tennis, garden games.
- Astro Tennis Court. This is shared with the Barn if the Estate is not rented as a whole. Please note you also have access to the laundry room equipped with washing machine and tumble dryer
- TV with Sky
- Cinema room
- Spotify & iPod music system
- Table Tennis
- Open fire
- Music System
- Driveway with private parking available.
The Cotswolds are considered by many to be among the most beautiful areas of England. The warm richness of the soft natural limestone buildings and the wealth of the wool trade, has left a heritage of superb buildings. The area is now an attraction for anyone who loves peace and tranquillity, no matter what the season.
Areas of interest
Wonderful walks around the Cotswolds often taking in some delightful public houses along the way – some serving their own locally brewed real ale.
A very fine example of a Cotswold town with gift shops and tea shops where you can browse away a few hours (or visit the Lygon Arms for the best in afternoon teas).
For a unique country experience, browse around the many delights, which includes a fabulous garden and household accessories, beautiful clothing, and a really wonderful delicatessen where you can finish off with a brunch, lunch, afternoon tea etc.
A stunning hillside town with hostelries, tea shops, and antique shops. Of all the towns located on the River Windrush, this must be the most famous and is a must see.
Bourton-on-the Water/ Bourton-on-the-hill, Bibury and Upper/Lower Slaughter
All lovely Cotswold towns and villages and well worth a visit.
Another very close Cotswold Town that has many Antique shops, Art Galleries and craft shops (and of course tea shops!)
For the racecourse, lovely Georgian/Regency architecture, smart shops and many places of cultural interest to visit.
Birthplace of Shakespeare. A very historic town full of Tudor / Elizabethan architecture and lovely walks along the River Avon.
Universities, dreaming spires, museums, deer parks, botanical gardens, beautiful walks along the Isis and Thames.
A fine stately home with gardens and the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill. Also worth a visit is nearby Woodstock and Bladon where Sir Winston was buried.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 14 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Temple Guiting, EnglandThis chateau has a barbecue and a tennis court.
Prices and availability
Updated 15 October 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 16 October 2019 - 8 March 2020: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 9 March - 16 March 2020: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 10 April - 17 April 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 29 April - 18 December 2020: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 19 December - 31 December 2020: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 1 January - 11 March 2021: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 12 March - 21 March 2021: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 1 April - 19 April 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 28 September - 17 December 2021: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 18 December 2021 - 15 October 2022: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
19 bedrooms, Sleeps 30
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, Satellite / cable
Air conditioning, Central heating, Open fire
Barbecue, Tennis court
Hen or stag groups, Restricted mobility
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 39 bookings
Response rate: 91%
Response time: within 23 hours
Last seen: 18 hours ago
Number of properties: over 1,000