The Cobblers Cottage
Cottage with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms in Southrop, England
From £1,185 per week
Cottage to rent in Southrop, England
The Cobblers Cottage holds a fabulous locaion in the pretty village of Southrop, close to the popular towns of Burford, Lechlade and Fairford.
Share this holiday home
Cottage overview - owner's description
The Cobblers Cottage holds a fabulous locaion in the pretty village of Southrop, close to the popular towns of Burford, Lechlade and Fairford. It makes a fantastic base for those wishing to stay-in-style while exploring the wonderful Cotswold region and all that it has to offer.
The cottage has been beautifully modernised, retaining its original features including the beamed ceilings and inglenook fireplace. The neutral colour scheme used throughout helps to give it a sophisticated feel and create a relaxing environment. Cobblers Cottage can comfortably accomodate up to six guests, however, for bigger groups it is possible to make use of the sofa bed in the living room to sleep an extra two. On the ground floor is the main living accomodation which comprises of a cosy lounge, a dining room and a fully equipped kitchen. Also on the ground floor is the first of the double bedrooms as well as a seperate shower room. Heading upstairs guests will find the king-size master bedroom, a second double room and a luxurious family bathroom.
Outside, there is a large garden, approximately a 1/4 of an acre in size with manicured green grass for the children to enjoy. There is also a terrace complete with dining facilities, the perfect spot for enjoying your morning cup of coffee or for dining al fresco on a summer's evening.
The owners have won a number of awards for their responsible, ethical and sustainable approach to tourism. The cottage is sustainable due to their "small steps approach", from insulating the properties, installing underfloor heating, LED lighting, purchasing LED lighting, purchasing green electricity to composting and recycling.
- Living room with fireplace and TV
- Fully-equipped kitchen with cooker, hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge and freezer
- Dining room with dining facilities for 6
- Bedroom with double bed
- Family shower room
- Master bedroom with king-size bed
- Bedroom with double bed
- Family bathroom with freestanding bath
- Large gardens
- Dining facilities
- Selection of books & board games
- Washing machine
- Iron & board
- Hairdryers in each bedroom
- Travel cot, highchair & stairgate can be provided on request
- 'Tiny Tots' box can be complete with baby-changing mat, baby bath, unbreakable plates, bowls and cutlery as well as corner protectors and a night light can be provided on request
The Cobblers Cottage has a fantastic location in the unspoilt village of Southrop in the beautiful county of Gloucestershire. Conveniently located just a short stroll from your front door is the quintessential English village pub, The Swan, situated on the village green it boasts an excellent restaurant. The cottages' location makes it a fantastic choice for guests wishing to explore the wonderful Cotswold region, with a wide range of towns and villages near-by just waiting to be discovered, including Burford, Lechlade, Fairford, Cirencester and Cheltenham. For keen shoppers, Bicester Designer Village Outlet Centre is just a thirty minute drive away.
This cottage does not have any reviews but the agent has 13 reviews for their other properties.
This cottage is:
Outside this cottage in Southrop, EnglandThis cottage has a barbecue.
Prices and availability
Updated 28 October 2020
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 30 October - 20 December 2020: changeover days are Monday and Friday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 21 December 2020 - 7 January 2021: changeover day is Monday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 8 January - 19 December 2021: changeover days are Monday and Friday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 20 December 2021 - 28 April 2022: changeover day is Monday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
3 bedrooms, Sleeps 6
Central heating, Open fire
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 43 bookings
Response rate: 92%
Response time: within 16 hours
Last seen: 6 hours ago
Number of properties: over 1,000