Cottage with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and shared pool in Somerford Keynes, England
From £1,224 per week
Cottage to rent in Somerford Keynes, England
This beautiful four-bedroom property offers a stunning lake view, located on an exclusive Gloucestershire development. Situated to the south of Cirencester, the beating heart of the Cotswolds.
Share this holiday home
Cottage overview - owner's description
This beautiful four-bedroom property offers a stunning lake view, located on an exclusive Gloucestershire development. Situated to the south of Cirencester, the beating heart of the Cotswolds, this immaculate lodge covers three floors and gives you the luxury of a dining area and hot tub on the deck just outside.
Watercolour Haze was formerly used as a show home for the estate, so you can be sure it looks its very best. The open-plan accommodation features a vaulted living area on the first floor, overlooking the lake, where you can curl up in front of the wood-burner on the comfy L-shaped sofa. There is a dining table with seating for eight, and access to the balcony from this area.
On the same level, the kitchen comes equipped with a double oven, large fridge, freezer, microwave and dishwasher, as well as an island with bar stools, plus there's an additional snug. Outside on the balcony, you have a gas barbecue too.
An exterior spiral staircase leads you down to the lower floor where you'll find three of the four bedrooms. These include a twin bedroom and bunk room, both with built-in wardrobes, and a king-size double bedroom with lakeside terrace and en suite. There is also a family bathroom with bath and shower. The rooms can also be access via an internal staircase.
The luxurious master suite can be found right at the top of the house, and incorporates a dressing area, king-size bed and a full en suite. As well as being able to enjoy a late-night soak in the private hot tub, you also have the use of the onsite spa, just one of many additional features that the development offers.
A highly recommended restaurant is open for meals throughout the day, and there are great sports facilities for tennis, volleyball, kayaking and more. Cirencester combines a rich history with excellent shopping and dining, and is just 8km from Watercolour Haze.
Watercolour Haze is set within the UK's first residential nature reserve. The luxury resort boasts 100s of acres of expertly managed nature reserve and two sites of special scientific interest, being nationally revered for the diverse range of wildlife it attracts. Guests fortunate enough to stay in one of the resort's luxury homes will have access both to the wonderful wildlife and the brilliant on-site facilities.
- Bedroom with king-size bed, en-suite shower room and access to lakeside terrace
- Bedroom with twin beds
- Bedroom with bunk beds
- Bathroom with bath and overhead shower, WC and washbasin
- Open-plan living and dining area with access to lakeside balcony
- Master suite with king-size bed and en-suite bathroom
- Dining facilities
- Barbecue (please bring your own charcoal)
- Hot tub (available for an additional charge - please see T&Cs tab)
- Washer & dryer
- Baby cot & highchair available on request
- Parking space (additional parking available on-site)
- Eco-friendly resort set within 100's of acres of carefully managed nature reserve with various carefully designed walking and cycling trails to enjoy and an enchanting trail with treasure hunt for children
- Two sites of special scientific interest on-site
- Access to on-site spa and swimming pool facilities
- Access to on-site gym
- Access to tennis facilities (book on the day with sign-up sheet)
- Access to excellent on-site restaurant
- Two children's playgrounds
- Year-round events and activities for all ages (please enquire for date specific details)
- Various sports equipment for hire for a small additional charge (incl. canoes, kayaks, paddle boards, rowing boats, tennis rackets and balls, off-road pushchairs and adult and childrens bikes as well as tag along trailers)
On the region's southern fringes, Cirencester is one of the major centres of the Cotswolds, and offers much more than just sightseeing. It's certainly a town with a history – at one time the second-largest in Britain – but it hasn't become a tourist hub in the manner of many of England's heritage cities, meaning it's even more of a joy for those who do come exploring.
You can get an insight into the history of Cirencester at its Corinium Museum, this being the Roman name for the town. Mosaics and artefacts bring the story vividly to life, and children can get involved too with special activities. Those who love art, nature or both will find something to please them at Cirencester's Elemental Sculpture Park, where more than 150 pieces are dotted around the woodlands.
You wouldn't expect to find many beaches in Gloucestershire, but there is one at the Cotswold Country Park at Shorncote to the south of Cirencester, a place made for family fun with a water park and children's playground. For a bit of culture, the town's Sundial Theatre offers a varied programme of events, and those with an eye for a bargain can explore the antiques and collectibles on offer at the Corn Hall indoor market on Fridays.
The town's excellent dining scene certainly shouldn't be overlooked – you will have no trouble tracking down anything from an artisan coffee to a Michelin Star three-course meal. Among the highest-rated places in town are Tierra & Mar, a great spot for tapas, and The Falcon at Poulton, where the food is restaurant quality and the setting is a delightful country pub.
This cottage does not have any reviews but the agent has 13 reviews for their other properties.
This cottage is:
Outside this cottage in Somerford Keynes, EnglandThis cottage is near the waterfront. It has a shared pool and a barbecue.
Prices and availability
Updated 29 October 2020
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 31 October - 15 December 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 16 December 2020 - 7 January 2021: changeover days are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 8 January - 19 December 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 20 December 2021 - 29 April 2022: changeover days are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 8
Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 43 bookings
Response rate: 92%
Response time: within 16 hours
Last seen: a day ago
Number of properties: over 1,000