Nightingale House: A Rental Property Lower MILL Estate, Cotswolds
House with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and shared pool in Somerford Keynes, England
From £1,331 per week
House to rent in Somerford Keynes, England
Award winning architect designed property with spa membership set in private nature reserve. Glass surround open plan living area with stunning lake views
EXTRA 25% DISCOUNT FOR STAYS OF 7 DAYS +
Share this holiday home
House overview - owner's description
Nightingale House is on the edge of Swillbrook Lake along Nightingale Walk (a rare nesting ground for several pairs of Nightingales). The glass surround living area affords stunning views both from inside and from the wrap-around balcony.
There are luxurious fittings and designer furnishings throughout, with a feature wood burning stove, ‘state of the art’ entertainment systems, Egyptian cotton bedding…
Your Own Private Nature Reserve to Explore
The house sits in an exclusive enclave within the world’s first Private Residential Nature Reserve: a 450 acre gated estate, including several lakes, the Thames River (just 3 miles from its source), meadows and woodlands, all of which attract extensive wildlife.
Explore the nature trails which meander through this unique, carefully managed habitat for beavers, owls, otters, deer, foxes, bats, nightingales, kingfishers, crested grebes, dragonflies and much more
Situated within the prestigious Lower Mill Estate, guests can enjoy the award winning private spa complex with its indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools, an eco pool, sauna, steam room and fitness studio. Other facilities include a tennis court, nature trails, cycle tracks, boating, fishing and much more.
If it’s pampering you’re after, book one of the many treatments available. You can choose from a variety of massages to wraps to manicures to facials. Afterwards relax in the spa gardens or the tranquil library.
This house has 6 verified reviews.
6 out of 6 people recommend staying here
A wonderful place to stay, we had no problems at all... we were there for quite a while, so had plenty of time to find fault if it was there!
The Lower Mill Estate is basically an upmarket holiday home housing estate spread out across several lakes, architecturally pleasing to look at and well laid out. Great for families, if the weather is good. There is a gym, spa and indoor, outdoor and eco pools. Plenty of outdoor play space and perfectly located for touring the Cotswolds.
This contemporary property is at the far end of the property so, apart from a house on either side, the views are uninterrupted across the pond and a stunning lake. There are moorhens, swans, ducks and dragonflies to make friends with the minute you arrive. The upper living space has three sides of glass walls, with a sofa and loveseat in front of a massive television, if the view doesn't enthrall you! There is a dining table for 6 and a George Foreman grill out on the balcony. The kitchen is small, but perfectly stocked. The balcony wraps around the top floor, there's not a huge space for sunbathing or dining outside - it's perfect for sitting having a sundowner but with the doors all open, it brings the outdoor in, anyway. The master bedroom is ample size, with a nice ensuite bathroom with tub. Plenty of wardrobe space and a very comfortable queen bed, plus a small deck to greet the ducks from in the morning. There is a hallway bathroom with shower stall. The other bedroom is very small and has a pull out futon sofa. Reports from our own guests said the futon is reasonably comfortable for a night or two. The twin mattresses can be pushed together or apart, so two children would be very happy in there. Theres a log burning fireplace for warmth and ambience too.
All in all, a great property, we enjoyed our stay and would love to return one day.
This wonderful retreat provides extremely comfortable and well-equipped accommodation with restful and natural outlook over a lake. Our winter stay was very cosy, with ever-changing views of the water, sky, sunrises and bird-life. A great selec tion of books and movies, along with the nearby spa and cafe/shop, meant that we did not need to venture out. Nevertheless, we did explore the surrounding countryside, towns and pubs to complete a relaxing and most enjoyable holiday, but dont expect a week to be long enough. Communication with Val and Paul is very responsive and friendly and we strongly recommend this idyllic property.
Lovely modern house, beautiful setting, nice owners. Well worth a visit. We have been back the last two years and we have always had a great time. Great country walks and nice drives through the countryside to lovely restaurants and pubs.
A truly beautiful house set in idyllic surroundings.
The property is extremely well equipped.
We loved the home entertainment system and log fire.
Having a spa on site was very relaxing and the treatments were well worth the money.
With so much to do in and around the area we were really spoilt for choice with not enough time to see and do everything.
We would thoroughly recommend a stay here.
The property is pretty spectacular with a large open plan state of the art lounge diner surrounded by glass and an awesome open fire in the centre of the room. It is set on by a lake on a quiet estate with wildlife all around. The owner, Paul, is really helpful, informative and hospitable and there are quality furnishings and little extras to make you feel at home.
If you use the spa, make sure you book treatments well in advance and you can take advantage of 20% discount on weekdays.
1 other review
1 - 1 of 1
This house is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this house in Somerford Keynes, EnglandThis house is in the countryside and in a quiet area near the waterfront. It has a shared pool, a balcony, a barbecue, outside lighting and a garden. Car hire is necessary as the renter will need a car to get about for shopping, eating out and the beach; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
Updated 4 February 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 20 February - 2 March 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 3 March - 5 March 2019: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 6 March - 9 March 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 10 March - 12 March 2019: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 13 March - 4 May 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 5 May - 7 May 2019: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 8 May - 22 June 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 23 June - 25 June 2019: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 26 June - 6 July 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 7 July - 9 July 2019: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 10 July 2019 - 2 March 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 3 March - 5 March 2020: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 6 March - 9 March 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 10 March - 12 March 2020: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 13 March - 4 May 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 5 May - 7 May 2020: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 8 May - 22 June 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 23 June - 25 June 2020: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 26 June - 6 July 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 7 July - 9 July 2020: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 10 July 2020 - 2 March 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 3 March - 5 March 2021: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 6 March - 9 March 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 10 March - 12 March 2021: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 13 March - 4 May 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 5 May - 7 May 2021: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 8 May - 28 May 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 30 May - 22 June 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 23 June - 25 June 2021: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 26 June - 6 July 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 7 July - 9 July 2021: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 10 July 2021 - 1 January 2022: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Early booking discounts
- Receive 15% off if the booking is made 6 months before the arrival date.
Long stay discounts
- Receive 22% off if the booking is for 7 days or more.
If more than one discount matches your arrival date, please be aware that only one discount of the highest amount will be applied to your booking.
Linen and cleaning charge
£110.00 per booking, paid with booking
£55.00 per booking, paid with booking
2 bedrooms, Sleeps 4:
- 1 double bed and en suite
- 2 single beds
2 bathrooms including 1 en suite, 2 Separate WC's
CD player, Computer, DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet, Radio, Telephone, TV Languages in Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 5, Dining area seats 6, Central heating, Open fire, Clothes drier, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire essential
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Barbecue, Outside lighting, Parking, Private garden, Tennis court
55 inch 3D TV and glasses, 3D Blueray DVD Player, Music Server, Ipod docking, Wifi, Wii.
Property Manager From East Barnet, United Kingdom Member since Aug 2006
Past bookings: 111 bookings
Response rate: 83%
Response time: within 21 minutes
Last seen: 6 hours ago
Number of properties: 5