Heydons House, Heydons Lane, Sidmouth, Devon
Cottage with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms in Sidmouth, England
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £417 per week
Cottage to rent in Sidmouth, England
This beautiful and well maintained 3 bed cottage to rent in Sidmouth, Devon is set in a tranquil location yet just 3 minutes walk to the sea front.
Share this holiday home
Cottage overview - owner's description
Heydons House is a lovingly maintained, high quality cottage to rent in an enviable location in the heart of Sidmouth.
The beauty of Heydons House is that it is set in a peaceful area yet within a 3 minute level walk of the sea front and town centre. It is tucked away at the end of a quiet no-through road, yet everything you could possibly need is within walking distance. Importantly it offers its own parking space by way of an intergral garage.
Being furnished to a very high standard throughout, the accommodation is spacious and versatile. There are 3 main bedrooms but also a 4th room off the master bedroom, that is in essence a dressing room but has a single bed (with further pull out) so can be used as a 4th single or twin bedroom.
The layout of the cottage will also suit couples who just like a little more space and quality.
A real feature of the cottage is the large , country style kitchen. The central focus of which is an impressive Aga stove and oven.
From the kitchen, patio doors lead to a lovely sunny courtyard where you can stretch out in private or dine al fresco. There is even room for the kids to play in complete safety.
The cottage offers the best of both worlds. The energetic will love the pretty and romantic walks that Sidmouth and East Devon provide. Those just wanting to relax, unwide and take in the sea air can do so without the need of a car. By contrast if you want to get out and about, Sidmouth is very well located for everything Devon has to offer.
This is a wonderful and unique Sidmouth cottage to rent in Sidmouth that is adaptable to suit all needs and requirements.
We accept stays of 3 nights or more - please enquire further for prices.
Heydons House - Features:
Lounge area: 3 seater sofa / sofa bed, 2 seater sofa, nest of coffee tables, book case, large 32 inch Flat screen Digital TV (freeview channels). Wi-fi internet.
Doors off living area to downstairs cloakroom, dining room and kitchen.
Kitchen: Particularly spacious, lovely AGA, integral dishwasher, fridge and freezer. Washing machine, microwave, kettle, toaster.
Utility cupboard with iron, ironing board.
Dining room: Table and 6 chairs. Further seating under front window.
Master bedroom: Double, bedside tables, mirror. Door to dressing room / 4th bedroom and ensuite:
Dressing room: Single bed (further single bed that pulls out from underneath) tucked behind curtained area. Chest of drawers, mirror and wardrobe. Views to recreation ground.
Doors from dressing room to ensuite bathroom with bath and WC.
2nd bedroom: Twin beds, bedside lamps, wardrobe and chest of drawers.
The first two bedrooms are particularly spacious.
3rd bedroom: Small single bedroom suitable for one adult. Single bed (2" 6 by 6" 3) and chest of drawers. Area for cot if required.
Bathroom: Sparkling bathroom with bath, WC and separate walk-in electric shower cubicle.
Back garden / Couryard: Lovely sunny courtyard including Garden table and benches along with various plants and borders.
Sunny garden bench tucked around the side - ideal for a morning paper or book!
The cottage includes a free cot and high chair.
Housekeeping: Towels and linen provided.
Location: 20 minutes from M5 motorway.
Beautiful gardens and leisurely walks, Regency history, quaint cottages, clean beaches and friendly shops…. Sidmouth has it all!!
This lovely seaside town nestles beneath majestic red cliffs and the green hills of the glorious Sid Valley.
Sidmouth has everything you could possible needs - a picturesque beach, a lovely mile long esplanade, great shops, fine restaurants, fantastic walks and much more!
The beach is an ideal place in which to relax on a deckchair. The more energetic can always climb the 500 feet high Peak Hill to enjoy the magnificent panorama Sidmouth and the coast far below. In the other direction is the equally commanding Salcombe Hill whilst inland are the green hills of the pretty Sid Valley. Alternatively there is always a gentler stroll around town, through the park and gardens and along the seafront. This is linked by a walkway to the western beach at Jacob’s Ladder.
Sidmouth’s park, The Byes, is a delightful riverside walk and quiet sanctuary. There are popular guided walks from the Heritage Centre taking in the main landmarks of the town. A ford still takes traffic across the River Sid.
As well as The Byes, there are many interesting walks and drives around Sidmouth. The nearby villages of Beer and Branscombe are both worth visiting en route to Seaton, the next sizeable resort.
Families with children will enjoy the location. If you can get them off the beach, the kids will love a visit to Crealey Park, one of Devons largest theme parks or the more relaxed Bicton Gardens with its park and train ride. "Pecorama" at Beer is also a lovely date out.
This cottage has 14 verified reviews.
13 out of 14 people recommend staying here
We had a fantastic stay at Heydons House which was fully equipped with everything we needed & more! The house was surprisingly bigger than we thought so a bonus, our children 10 & 7 yrs loved the space! We had no problems getting our car in the garage (Honda CRV), for convenience did use the nearby Connaught Gardens Car Park which was very reasonably priced and a short pleasant stroll, also a perfect excuse to pop into the Clocktower Tea Rooms definitely worth a visit. Perfect location in easy walking distance of town, beach, swimming pool, cinema & children's play park. We would love to stay again!
Property is very well situated although you need a tiny car to be able to use the garage. Most things are as advertised although the kitchen is spoiled by having non-stick pans that are definitely no longer non-stick!
Biggest complaint is the cost which increased by 50% for Folk Week.
Directions and arrival fine. Bit of trouble lighting AGA (not used to system). 1st time use of dishwasher tripped electricity supply! Left message for Jon. Called back < 1hr. Scott arrived next day (found leak in dishwasher - not repaired - as we agreed we wouldn't use it again). Location ideal for everything - town, beach, attractions. Parking - very restricted access to garage but what the heck - it's free and it's a narrow lane! Not used to sloping floors upstairs - but it is an old Devon cottage after all - no real problem. Kitchen / bedrooms fine. Some missing things from walls (think pictures/mirrors)? Lounge furniture a bit Spartan. Our overall impression was that things looked "a bit tired" and needed "sprucing up / redecorating". Courtyard garden was overgrown - not as in photos, so really couldn't relax/sit outside. Overall good value for money, just needs a bit of TLC applied. The Smithies gang.
Very nice place to stay, very comfortable and quiet, very close to the town centre and a lot of shops and park nearby. very large ensuite master bedroom.
definitely an excellent housing! we recommend it!
This was our second visit to Heydons House and again it made for an excellent holiday.
We had one issue with a tap in the main bathroom and contacted Scott, who resolved the problem that same day.
Our only down side was the double bed in the main bedroom which was very uncomfortable. We resolved this by using the 2 single beds in the same room and pushed these together.
This cottage is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this cottage in Sidmouth, EnglandThis cottage is in a quiet area near the waterfront. It has a garage and a garden. Car hire is not necessary as the cottage is less than a 15 minute walk to a large selection of shops, bars, restaurants; however parking is not available.
Prices and availability
Updated 3 July 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 18 July - 17 August 2018: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 18 August - 20 August 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 25 August - 27 August 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 28 August - 13 September 2018: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 14 September - 17 September 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 18 September - 30 September 2018: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 October - 6 October 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 9 October - 12 October 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 15 October - 19 October 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 22 October - 28 October 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 29 October - 8 December 2018: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 9 December - 12 December 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 13 December - 18 December 2018: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 19 December 2018 - 8 January 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 9 January - 25 March 2019: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 26 March - 12 April 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 13 April - 19 April 2019: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 20 April - 27 April 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 28 April - 27 May 2019: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 28 May - 4 June 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 5 June - 30 June 2019: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 1 July - 30 September 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 October - 18 October 2019: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 19 October - 26 October 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 27 October - 18 December 2019: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 19 December 2019 - 8 January 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 9 January - 25 March 2020: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 26 March - 12 April 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 13 April - 19 April 2020: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 20 April - 27 April 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 28 April - 27 May 2020: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 28 May - 4 June 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 5 June - 30 June 2020: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 1 July - 17 August 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 18 August - 20 August 2020: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 21 August - 24 August 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 25 August - 27 August 2020: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 28 August - 31 August 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 October - 19 October 2020: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 20 October - 28 October 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 29 October - 18 December 2020: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 19 December 2020 - 8 January 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 9 January - 25 March 2021: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 26 March - 12 April 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 13 April - 19 April 2021: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 20 April - 27 April 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 28 April - 27 May 2021: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 28 May - 4 June 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
price is based on four sharing, there is a £25 extra charge per person over four.
£25.00 per week for each additional person if there are more than 4 people, paid with booking
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 7:
- 1 double bed and en suite
- 1 single bed
- 1 single bed
- 2 single beds
There is also 1 double sofa bed in Living room, 1 cot
3 bathrooms including 1 en suite, 3 Separate WC's
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet, Radio, TV Languages in Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 6, Dining area seats 6, Central heating, Clothes drier, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire optional
Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Pots / pans, Toaster
Garage, Private garden
Cooking is done in the Aga which is a wonderful feature of the cottage.
Agency From Sunningdale, United Kingdom Member since Sep 2004
Past bookings: 9,463 bookings
Response rate: 88%
Response time: within 5 hours
Last logged in: 3 hours ago
Number of properties: 158