The Croft Rothbury
Cottage with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and golf nearby in Rothbury, England
From £408 per week
Cottage to rent in Rothbury, England
Traditional Northumberland cottage lovingly restored to provide award winning self catering holiday accommodation for 4. Family and pet friendly.
Share this holiday home
Cottage overview - owner's description
Award winning cottage located in the heart of Northumberland, perched above the picturesque village of Rothbury (link) gateway to the Northumberland National Park. (link)
The semi detached stone cottage has been recently restored to provide high quality self-catering accommodation for 4 people in 2 bedrooms and with 2 bathrooms.
The house and terrace command panoramic views of the Simmonside hills and the Coquet Valley.
WiFi available free of charge. This is a no smoking holiday cottage.
The accommodation comprises:
Ground floor _
Kitchen – fully modernised, including electric cooker and hob, microwave cooker, fridge/freezer and washer/dryer. Tea towels etc are provided.
Dining room – includes an Ebach grand piano which guests are invited to play, also DVD / radio player with attachment for ipod etc. A high chair is provided.
Sitting room – comfortably furnished with plenty of seating and a multi fuel stove, flat screen TV with FreeSat, DVD recorder, cupboard containing books, DVD’s and family games.
Hallway – can be used for secure storage of bikes etc.
Bedroom 1 – king size double bed with pocket sprung mattress.
Bedroom 2 – either generous twin beds or a super king bed
(please state requirements when booking)
Bathroom 1 – double shower, hand basin and loo.
Bathroom 2 – bath with overhead shower, hand basin.
All bed linen and towels are provided.
There is a selection of toiletries in the bathrooms.
Sunny terrace with garden furniture from which to admire the view.
Enclosed private garden.
Parking for 2 cars.
This cottage has 30 verified reviews.
30 out of 30 people recommend staying here
We had a fabulous time....the area is beautiful great walks/cycles....coast close by, amazing seafood in Amble and Bamburgh...walks on Simonside Crags not to be missed.... Rothbury is friendly with great local ale it's a proper town as proper towns should be with local butchers, bakers, wool shops, deli and a hardware shop that should not be missed to name a few. But our Northumberland holiday is 5* because the Cottage was absolutely fanstastic and provided us with the perfect end and start to all our days. Thanks to our great host Cathy.
The house was lovely with wonderful views over the Coquet Valley. We received a warm welcome from Cathy the owner and there were some tasty treats in the kitchen for us to enjoy.
It was our first visit to the area and we enjoyed it so much we have booked again for next year.
Would thoroughly recommend this property.
It's difficult to say anything original about the Croft snd its lovely owner Cathy - the fact this is our 2nd visit this year is testament to how much we love our time here, its very dfficult to find somewhere as welcoming and comfortable as the Croft
This is our second stay at The Croft and will be booking another stay for next year, Cathy has thought of everything to make it home from home, we love staying here and can't wait to come back next year
Great location with lovely views. Gorgeous house with lots of little touches to make you feel at home. Friendly host. Would recommend.
This cottage is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this cottage in Rothbury, EnglandThis cottage is in the countryside and in a quiet area. It has a balcony and a garden. Car hire is recommended as the cottage is less than a 15 minute walk to at least a couple of shops, bars and restaurants; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
Updated 31 August 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 20 September - 15 December 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 9 February - 15 February 2020: changeover day is Saturday.
- 16 February - 22 February 2020: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 23 February - 26 April 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 27 April - 11 May 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 12 May - 14 September 2020: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 15 September - 14 December 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 December 2020 - 4 January 2021: changeover day is Monday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 5 January - 15 February 2021: changeover day is Saturday.
- 16 February - 22 February 2021: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 23 February - 26 April 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 27 April - 11 May 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 12 May - 13 July 2021: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
2 bedrooms, Sleeps 4:
- 1 king size bed
- 2 single beds
2 bathrooms, 1 Separate WC
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, Radio, TV Languages in English, Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 5, Dining area seats 6, Central heating, Open fire, Clothes drier, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, High chair, Car hire recommended
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Parking, Private garden
Children, Infants, Single gender groups, Pets
Private Owner From Morpeth, United Kingdom Member since Sep 2014
Past bookings: 49 bookings
Last seen: 10 days ago
Number of properties: 1