The Croft Rothbury
Cottage with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and golf nearby in Rothbury, England
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £351 per week
Cottage to rent in Rothbury, England
Cottage overview - owner's description
Traditional Northumberland cottage lovingly restored to provide award winning self catering holiday accommodation for 4-5. Family and pet friendly.
Award winning cottage located in the heart of Northumberland, perched above the picturesque village of Rothbury (link) gateway to the Northumberland National Park. (link)
The semi detached stone cottage has been recently restored to provide high quality self-catering accommodation for 4-5 people in 2 bedrooms and with 2 bathrooms.
The house and terrace command panoramic views of the Simmonside hills and the Coquet Valley.
WiFi available free of charge. This is a no smoking holiday cottage.
The accommodation comprises:
Ground floor _
Kitchen – fully modernised, including electric cooker and hob, microwave cooker, fridge/freezer and washer/dryer. Tea towels etc are provided.
Dining room – includes an Ebach grand piano which guests are invited to play, also DVD / radio player with attachment for ipod etc. A high chair is provided.
Sitting room – comfortably furnished with plenty of seating and a multi fuel stove, flat screen TV with FreeSat, DVD recorder, cupboard containing books, DVD’s and family games.
Hallway – can be used for secure storage of bikes etc.
Bedroom 1 – king size double bed with pocket sprung mattress. A single bed and / or cot can be added to this room on request.
Bedroom 2 – either generous twin beds or a super king bed
(please state requirements when booking)
Bathroom 1 – double shower, hand basin and loo.
Bathroom 2 – bath with overhead shower, hand basin.
All bed linen and towels are provided.
There is a selection of toiletries in the bathrooms.
Sunny terrace with garden furniture from which to admire the view.
Enclosed private garden.
Parking for 2 cars.
This cottage has 18 verified reviews.
18 out of 18 people recommend staying here
Great property in a lovely area. The driveway is a little challenging as is the walk back from the pub in the evening. Cathy is very friendly and informative.
The Croft is a fantastic period property which retains many original features but the owner has updated it to provide the ultimate comfort for their guests. The house never felt cold, the bed was really comfortable and the shower was powerful and made you feel refreshed every morning. The house is on the outskirts of Rothbury, high on the hillside which offers beautiful views from the Cragside estate over to the Simonside Hills. A beautiful spot and situated within it's own private gardens which meant that the only sound we heard was birdsong. The sun pours in through the Victorian windows and we sat eating dinner in the evening watching the sun fade across the hills. The garden is perfectly secure for your dog with many walks straight from the door and the village was only a short walk down the hill. The owners live next door but are totally unobtrusive. We had a fantastic week staying at the Croft. The peace and tranquillity was exactly what we needed. Thank you Cathy, for all of the extras you provided which made our stay extra special.
We found The Croft to be a very comfortable well equipped holiday home, the garden, terrace and views were fabulous and the house easily accommodated 4 adults. The area is nice with plenty of shops and places to eat in the village and is in a great position for exploring the area. The owner left us a lovely welcome pack and is a very friendly lady & called round to welcome us. I would highly recommend the Croft
We've stayed at The Croft before, and came back because of it's great location overlooking Rothbury with views towards the hills opposite. The Croft is well equipped for a self-catering holiday and we hope to return again in the future. Onsite parking is fine, and it is a 10 - 15 minute walk into town. Highly recommended.
Very relaxing in a warm and homely house. Great views. Good location. Great days out. Lovely to have Kathy tge owner just next door
This cottage is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this cottage in Rothbury, EnglandThis cottage is in the countryside and in a quiet area. It has a balcony and a garden. Car hire is recommended as the cottage is less than a 15 minute walk to at least a couple of shops, bars and restaurants; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
Updated 7 December 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 16 December - 20 December 2017: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 December - 28 December 2017: bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 29 December 2017 - 5 January 2018: changeover day is Thursday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 6 January - 10 February 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 11 February - 24 February 2018: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 25 February - 30 March 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 31 March - 13 April 2018: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 26 May - 1 June 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 2 June - 14 September 2018: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 15 September 2018 - 4 January 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 9 February - 22 February 2019: bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 23 February - 23 March 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 24 March - 1 September 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 2 September - 15 September 2019: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 16 September - 16 December 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
2 bedrooms, Sleeps 5:
- 1 king size bed, 1 single bed
- 2 single beds
There is also 1 cot
2 bathrooms, 1 Separate WC
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, Radio, TV Languages in English, Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 5, Dining area seats 6, Central heating, Open fire, Clothes drier, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire recommended
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Parking, Private garden
Children, Infants, Single gender groups, Pets
Private Owner From Rothbury, United Kingdom Member since Sep 2014
Past bookings: 26 bookings
Last logged in: 8 days ago
Number of properties: 1