Barford Beach House
Cottage with 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms in Poundstock, England
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £4,675 per week
Cottage to rent in Poundstock, England
Barford Beach House really is the house of your dreams and wildest imagination boasting magnificent, one-of-a-kind accommodation in a beautiful, tranquil setting. Located in gorgeous North Cornwall.
Share this holiday home
Cottage overview - owner's description
Barford Beach House really is the house of your dreams and wildest imagination boasting magnificent, one-of-a-kind accommodation in a beautiful, tranquil setting. Located in gorgeous North Cornwall, close to the Widemouth Bay Beach, loved by both families and surfers as well as the popular resort town of Bude.
The house has been beautifully designed with immaculate attention to detail, guests will never tire of exploring the hidden nooks and crannies, secret rooms and cupboards! Barford Beach House offers the best of both worlds, in daytimes it offers a perfect relaxing escape with calming coastal views, while in the evenings it can be transformed into the ultimate party spot complete with its very own secret Bunker Bar - there really is something for everyone.
On the ground floor is the main living accommodation comprising of a sitting room with wood burner and floor to ceiling glass doors at both ends to ensure guests can make the most of the spectacular view. The incredible copper-clad kitchen really is impressive, it comes complete with all the luxury kitchen gadgets a budding chef could need and a marvellous dining area seating up to sixteen guests. Also, on this level are the first of the bedrooms, two Super King size doubles, one of which comes with additional bunk beds and both benefit from en-suite bathrooms.
Heading upstairs, guests will find the truly exquisite master suite which boasts its very own sitting area, private cocktail bar, two balconies and luxury en-suite bathroom with a gold bath and even a porthole view of the sea! Also, on this level are the remaining three bedrooms. The Black Rock room makes a great den for the big kids with a Super King size bed, en-suite bathroom and balcony views. This room (can be made up as twins) has an additional bed, located up a metal ladder on to the mezzanine level. The remaining two Super King size bedrooms both come complete with balcony sea views and en-suite bathrooms.
The lower ground floor is home to a fantastic cinema room with projector, with Netflix and plenty of DVD's to choose from this the perfect place to snuggle up with your loved ones and watch your favourite films! If you can find the secret entrance, also on this level is the Bunker Bar which boasts pool table, arcade games, a vintage pinball machine and excellent sound system, great fun for the adults or teenagers. Also, on this level is the spa area complete with six person sauna.
Outside, the large main lawn has plenty of flat space for guests to play games such as croquet. There is a lovely covered seating area with sofas and wood burner, making a wonderful way to spend a relaxing evening! The children will enjoy playing on the sailing boat while the adults can take a dip in the woodfired hot tub.
- Sitting Room with 37" HD LCD television
- Kitchen with Aga, Smeg oven, Neff induction hob, microwave, fridge freezer, beer fridge, wine fridge, breakfast bar and dining facilities.
- Summerleaze Bedroom - Super King size bed, balcony with sea views and marbled en-suite bathroom.
- Wanson Bedroom - Super King size bed or twin beds, additional built-in full-size bunk beds and en-suite shower room
- Widemouth Bedroom - Master Super King size bedroom with its own sitting room and wood burner, balcony with sea views, secret back balcony and en-suite bathroom with double walk-in shower and bath with porthole view of the sea.
- Black Rock Bedroom - Super King or twin beds and additional King-size cabin bed on mezzanine platform (accessed by a tall metal ladder), secret Narnia-style cupboard (through to Millook - lockable on both sides!) and en-suite bathroom.
- Millook Bedroom - Four poster Super King size bed, balcony with sea views and en-suite bathroom.
- Crackington Bedroom - Super King size or twin beds, balcony with sea views and en-suite bathroom.
Lower Ground Floor
- Secret Bunker with pool table, bar, arcade games and stereo system.
- Cinema room with sofa, beanbags, Netflix, projector and selection of DVD's.
- Spa room with sauna and shower facilities.
- Outdoor wood fired Dutch tub
- Dining facilities
- Covered seating area
- Outside children's playboat, seaside, beach and river
- Travel cots and high chairs are available on request
- Doggy bowls
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Iron & Ironing board
- Landline phone (please use honesty box to cover cost of calls)
Barford Beach House holds a great location on the popular North Cornwall coastline, just a short distance from the popular beach at Widemouth Bay as well as the resort town of Bude. Tintagel Castle, linked to the legend of King Arthur, makes a fantastic day out for the whole family and is just half an hour away. For any fans of the television show Doc Martin, the pictureque fishing village where filming takes place is just forty minutes away. There are plenty of beautiful coastal walks to enjoy, the South West Coast Path you can almost join from your front door while the Rough Tor and Brown Willy walk on Bodmin Moor are just a twenty minute drive away, and take you to the highest point in Cornwall.
This cottage does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This cottage is:
Prices and availability
Updated 18 July 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 20 July - 21 October 2018: changeover days are Monday and Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 22 October - 1 November 2018: changeover days are Monday and Friday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 2 November 2018 - 4 January 2019: changeover days are Monday and Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 February - 10 February 2019: changeover days are Monday and Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 11 February - 21 February 2019: changeover day is Monday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 22 February - 28 February 2019: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 March - 26 April 2019: changeover days are Monday and Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 29 April - 26 May 2019: changeover days are Monday and Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 27 May - 2 June 2019: changeover day is Monday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 3 June - 20 October 2019: changeover days are Monday and Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 October - 31 October 2019: changeover days are Monday and Friday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 November 2019 - 3 January 2020: changeover days are Monday and Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
6 bedrooms, Sleeps 16
DVD/Blu-ray player, TV, Satellite / cable