Woodhill Beach House
Cottage with 6 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms in Portishead, England
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £5,740 per week
Cottage to rent in Portishead, England
Woodhill Beach House is fabulously nestled on the banks of the River Severn estuary and as a result makes the perfect base for those wishing to escape reality, relax and unwind in style.
Share this holiday home
Cottage overview - owner's description
Woodhill Beach House is fabulously nestled on the banks of the River Severn estuary and as a result makes the perfect base for those wishing to escape reality, relax and unwind in style. Due to its much desired location it boasts uninterrupted panoramic views of the estuary, perfect for wildlife lovers! The property has been fashioned in form of a French inspired chic beach house and comes complete with all the necessary modern amenities for a more than comfortably stay.
As you enter the house you will instantly notice the lift, this allows easy access to the basement level and first floor. This is a really fantastic addition, particularly for those who have mobility issues or problems with staircases. The first floor is incredibly spacious and is comprised of an open plan dining area and fully equipped kitchen. The living room is the perfect spot to curl up in one of the comfy arm chairs with a good book while enjoying lookng out over the tranquil surroundings and river. The lovely dining room, bright and light due to the beautiful skylight it makes a lovely room for the family to gather together and enjoy a nice meal.
On the first floor two bedrooms can be found. Guests are bound to be arguing over who gets to stay in the wonderful master en-suite bedroom, complete with king-sized bed. Fabulous views of the Estuary and horizon can be enjoyed from the many windows and french doors and even from the comfort of the luxurious bathtub! The second en-suite double bedroom on this level boasts equally impressive views.
Three bedrooms are situated in the upper floor. Two of the double bedrooms are larger in size with access to private washrooms. The smaller of the double bedrooms has nautical themed porthole windows and an en-suite bathroom. Heading back downstairs to the basement, you will find the snug area, perfect for a cosy movie night. On this floor, a further en-suite double bedroom can also be found. Adjoined to this bedroom is a small living space, with a working fireplace, with further access to the garden.
- Bedroom 1 - The bedroom has a double bed, with en-suite shower and W.C
- Large spacious living area with wood burning fire and seating area available. The room has large glass doors which open directly onto the garden and estuary.
- Den with comfortable sofas and TV
- Utility area
- Magnificent open plan kitchen and living room with exceptional views over the estuary
- Orangery with table and seating for 8 looking onto the front garden
- Cloak room with W.C, sink and boot/coat area
- Bedroom 2 - Master bedroom with king size bed and en-suite bathroom with free standing bath, shower, W.C and double sinks
- Bedroom 3 - Garden view double bedroom with en-suite bathroom, shower and W.C
- Family bathroom with bath, shower, W.C and sink
- Bedroom 4 - Double bed round swing chair and en-suite bathroom with shower, W.C and sink. Please note there is no bathroom door or blinds
- Bedroom 5 - Double bed with French style bedframe and a view over the garden. The room has an en-suite bathroom with bathtub, W.C and sink
- Bedroom 6 - Double bed with a sea view and e-suite bathroom, shower, W.C and sink
- Walled garden opening onto the estuary
- wooden decked area with BBQ
- Swing chair
- Dining area
- Private parking
- Underfloor heating
- Linens bed sheets and towels are provided
- Broadband Internet/Wi-Fi available
- Lift (between the basement and first floor)
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor dining
- Outdoor seating
- Washing Machine and Dishwasher
The town of Portishead is just off the coast of the Severn Estuary, Somerset. Due to its proximity and its tributary, Portishead has a rich history as a port and docking yard. There are still exquisite examples of Town's fine history of Victorian Gothic architecture and plenty of popular trails for keen hikers to explore. Being surrounded by the stunning countryside of Somerset, holiday makers love to visit the likes of Gordano Valley Nature Reserve, Battery Point and The Clevedon Coast Path; where Wales is visible on clear days.
For those looking to make more of the localised attractions, Portishead Marina's recent re-development means it has a host of bars, cafes and restaurants. If you're travelling with a family of children then Noah's Ark Zoo Farm, Oakham Treasures and Tyntesfield and Clevedon Court are all a must visit. Portishead outdoor swimming pool is a 10 minute walk from the house, which is ideal on a hot summers day. When holidaying in Portishead, try to time your stay with the Portishead Carnival, Flower Show or Raft Race which are all a celebration of the local heritage.
The house is an ideal base to explore the delights of Somerset. Visit enchanting stately homes such as Stourhead, Iford Manor and Bowood House and Gardens. Discover the charming and quaint English villages of Castle Combe, Frome, and Braford apon Avon. Not to mention the fabulous selection of delicious pubs and resturant to try including The Ethicurean at Barley Wood walled garden, Roth bar and grill at Hauser and Wirth or the Talbot Inn in Mells.
This cottage does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This cottage is:
Prices and availability
Updated 4 July 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 18 July - 20 December 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 21 December - 28 December 2018: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 28 December 2018 - 4 January 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 30 June - 19 December 2019: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 20 December - 27 December 2019: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 27 December 2019 - 3 January 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
6 bedrooms, Sleeps 12
Internet / WiFi
Central heating, Open fire