Chateau with 11 bedrooms, 11 bathrooms and private pool in Painswick, England
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £15,110 per week
Chateau to rent in Painswick, England
Chateau overview - owner's description
Wilfred Manor is an expansive Grade I listed manor house, exceptionally restored to the finest standard of modern luxury, yet staying true to its long and prestigious history.
Wilfred Manor is an expansive Grade I listed manor house, exceptionally restored to the finest standard of modern luxury, yet staying true to its long and prestigious history. King Charles I is in fact said to haunt the four acres of landscaped gardens, after he took refuge within the manor during the siege of Gloucester in 1643.
Each of the bedrooms have been given a unique theme that compliments the original 17th century architecture whilst offering spacious en-suits, exquisite furnishings. Each room offers a different perspective on the stunning landscape of the Cotswold Hills, including the woods above Slad Valley and the famous church spire of Painswick.
A sought after wedding venue, the manor house can sleep up to 22 guests with access to extensive facilities including a jacuzzi and sauna, whilst catered for by a team of passionate staff. The local area remains tranquil and picturesque, yet offers a wealth of traditional English country past times such as horse riding, shooting and hiking.
* Prices quoted in the rates tab are based on a self-catered stay. For a catered stay quoted please check the 'Extras' tab or contact the Oliver's VIP Concierge Team (by clicking on the link in the blue Oliver's Extras box above) who will be happy to help.
Good news! This property is available as a Vill'otelYey! Wait… what is that?
It's the perfect combo of the privacy of your own personal villa, with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel. What's included?
Breakfast, cleaning, welcome drinks and hamper, plus more! Check the Extras tab for all the details.
Wilfred House (8 rooms, 16 guests)
- King Charles (1st floor, super king size bed, en-suite bath & shower, space for z-bed)
- Tempest (1st floor, double bed, en-suite shower, sink and WC)
- Cleopatra (2nd floor, double bed, en-suite shower)
- Romeo and Juliette (2nd floor, double bed, private bathroom accessed via a shared landing)
- Julius Caesar (2nd floor, double bed, en-suite shower
- Othello (2nd floor, accessed from 1st floor, king size bed, en-suite bath & shower)
- Hamlet (outside, 2 storey, double bed, en-suite shower, space for sofa bed)
- King Richard (outside, lower ground floor, double bed, en-suite shower)
Wilfred Court Side (3 rooms, 24 guests combined with Court House)
- King Arthur (1st floor, super king size bed, en-suite bath & shower)
- Magical Merlin (2nd floor, double bed, en-suite shower, space for sofa bed)
- Lady Guinevere (2nd floor, king size bed, en-suite shower)
- Family room (cosy lounge area, large flat screen TV, DVDs & coffee table books, fire)
- Library (seating area, fire, books)
- Great Room (large lounge area, large flat screen TV, fire, decorated for Christmas, desk workspace)
- Snooker Room (upstairs games room with snooker table and equipment, flat screen TV, bar area)
- Kitchen (seating for 6 people, oven, gas hob, kettle, toaster, American style fridge/freezer, dishwasher, continental breakfast supplies are provided at the start of the stay, including cereals, bread, butter and preserves, milk, juices, tea and coffee)
- Dining room (large oval table for 18 guests)
- Restaurant (seating for up to 26 people, only used if we are providing the meal, additional charge, cooked breakfast can be provided here, additional charge, bar service can be provided, additional charge)
- To keep your bedroom's spic and span during your stay, we provide 2 hours of housekeeping per day to refresh the rooms (tea & coffee, towels, etc.). The timing of this can be organised with us in advance to suit the needs of your stay.
Grounds & Facilities
- 4 acres of landscaped gardens
- Equipment for croquet, cricket and badminton provided
- Outdoor pool and Jacuzzi area (can be covered or not)
- Gym (with treadmill, free-weights, flat screen TV)
- 2 night minimum stay
- Weddings are subject to the discretion of Court House Manor, and are to be planned using our recommended wedding planner (included in the cost of hire)
- Private exclusive hire entranceway
- Secure gated parking
- Night porter for emergencies
- Concierge service is available for an additional cost
- Guests can arrange supermarket deliveries to stock fridges and bar (arranged before arrival)
- Please be aware that when hiring only Wilfred House, Wilfred Court Side is run as a bed and breakfast
- Please be aware that staff will be on site during exclusive hires
Wilfred Manor is located in Painswick, Gloucestershire, right in the heart of The Cotswolds. Based at the top of Slad Valley, this historic house offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside. The house is a Grade 1 listed building steeped in history, with famous guests including King Charles 1; each room tells a tale of its own.
Painswick is a historic wool town, also known as ‘The Queen of the Cotswolds'; it is one of the finest and best-preserved Cotswolds settlements, nestling quietly in the hills and surrounded by some of Gloucestershire's most delightful countryside. It also now hosts the famous Art Couture Festival annually. Built of mellow Cotswold stone from the local quarry on Painswick Beacon, the town's many beautiful buildings can be seen as you wander around its quaint and narrow streets.
The world famous Rococo Gardens and the picturesque villages of Sheepscombe, Edge and Slad are all within a mile or so of the House, and this fascinating and beautiful area offers marvelous walking country for those wishing to discover the Cotswolds on a more personal level.
Other attractions include Cheltenham Racecourse offering 16 days racing each year, the beautiful Spa town of Cheltenham, and Gloucester Cathedral, as well as ample places for shooting and horse riding.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Painswick, EnglandThis chateau has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 25 April 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 19 December 2018 - 27 April 2019: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 20 December 2019 - 3 January 2020: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 3 January 2020 - 3 January 2025: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
11 bedrooms, Sleeps 22
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi
Central heating, Open fire