Painswick Hill House
Chateau with 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms in Painswick, England
From £2,945 per week
Chateau to rent in Painswick, England
Painswick Hill House holds a fabulously tranquil location nestled amongst beautiful Cotswold hills.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
Painswick Hill House holds a fabulously tranquil location nestled amongst beautiful Cotswold hills, it makes the perfect base for those seeking a relaxing stay in the heart of one of the most special areas in the UK. The Georgian country house is positioned on a hillside overlooking Painswick, a quaint market town which is considered by many to be the “Queen of the Cotswolds”.
The house has been recently modernised and today seamlessly blends its original Georgian charm and character with updated, contemporary interiors and all the amenities guests could possibly need for a wonderful stay. Painswick Hill House can comfortably accommodate up to fourteen guests across five plush bedrooms, two double rooms, two triple rooms and a family room with both a double bed and bunk beds. The triple rooms can either be set up with a double bed and additional single or with three single beds making them ideal family rooms or simply a children's room. On the ground floor is the main entertaining space, the cosy living room with its large comfy corner sofa and log burner makes the perfect place to snuggle up with loved ones and enjoy a movie night after a busy day spent exploring the Cotswold countryside. Budding chefs will relish the chance to cook up a storm in the state-of-the-art kitchen which boasts all the tools one could possibly need including an induction hob and 4 oven AGA as well as a luxurious semi-circular breakfast bar. The modern kitchen leads through to the bright morning room, the floor to ceiling glass windows allow light to stream in and enable guests to admire the great outdoors, whatever the season.
Upstairs, on the first floor, is the super-king master bedroom, those staying in this room will make use of a well-appointed bathroom with free standing bath tub. Also, on this level is the first of the triple rooms which boasts its very own private bathroom with bath and overhead shower as well the family room with en-suite shower room. On the second floor, are a further double and triple room, each of which come complete with en-suite bathrooms which benefit from baths with overhead showers.
The outside space is just as remarkable, sliding doors from the morning room lead out on to the terrace, guests will enjoy dining al fresco on a warm Summer's evening while watching the magnificent sunsets over Painswick and the Cotswold hills. The children will love exploring and playing games in the extensive gardens, while the adults are bound to desire a soak in the luxury hot tub after a busy day spent discovering the surrounding countryside on foot.
- Living room with fireplace and TV
- Fully-equipped kitchen with dishwasher, induction hob, AGA and breakfast bar dining facilities
- Dining room with seating for 10
- Cloakroom with WC
- Bedroom with super-king double bed (can be made into a twin room on request)
- Bathroom with luxury free standing bath
- Bedroom with double bed and additional single bed and access to private bathroom with bath and overhead shower (can be made into a triple single room on request)
- Bedroom with double bed, additional 6ft adult bunk beds and en-suite shower room
- Bedroom with double bed with additional single bed and en-suite bathroom with bath and overhead shower (can be made into a triple single room on request)
- Bedroom with double bed and en-suite bathroom with bath and overhead shower
- Dining facilities
- Hot tub
- SKY TV
- 2x cot & highchairs available
Painswick Hill House is set in the very heart of the Cotswolds and so makes a fantastic base for those who wish to really explore this wonderful region. The house is set just five-minutes outside the market town of Painswick, best known for its parish church and Rococo gardens. Painswick offers a selection of shops and restaurants; a larger variety of amenities can be found in Stroud which is just a ten-minute car journey away. The cathedral city of Gloucester is less than twenty-five minutes away, with roots tracing back to Roman times, there is plenty for visits to see do and explore making it well worth a visit!
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 10 reviews for their other properties.
Prices and availability
Updated 19 June 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 20 June - 19 December 2019: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 20 December - 27 December 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 27 December 2019 - 3 January 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 3 January - 20 December 2020: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 December - 28 December 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 28 December 2020 - 4 January 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 8 January 2021 - 19 June 2022: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 14
Internet / WiFi, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 27 bookings
Response rate: 93%
Response time: within 22 hours
Last seen: 20 hours ago
Number of properties: over 1,000