Old Queens Manor
Cottage with 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and private pool in Oldbury-Upon-Severn, England
From £2,979 per week
Cottage to rent in Oldbury-Upon-Severn, England
Old Queens Manor is a handsome manse set in peaceful countryside with glorious views to the Cotswolds and over the River Severn to Wales. The only noises to be heard are happy birdsongs.
Share this holiday home
Cottage overview - owner's description
Old Queens Manor is a handsome manse set in peaceful countryside with glorious views to the Cotswolds and over the River Severn to Wales. The only noises to be heard are happy birdsongs, and there are woodpeckers in the ancient hornbeams and thrushes on the lawn.
The characterful home can comfortably accommodate up to ten guests across five beautifully kept bedrooms. On the ground floor is the elegant entertaining space which comprises of an inviting living room with cosy open fireplace, a spacious dining room and a fully-equipped kitchen which comes complete with all the tools a budding chef could possibly need! Upstairs on the first floor are the bedrooms, a master room which boasts its very own en-suite bathroom, as well as a further two doubles and two twin rooms, each of these boast fireplaces and countryside views. One of the doubles and one of the twins share the use of a newly-installed shower room, while the remaining rooms share a large family bathroom.
Old Queens Manor's real magic can be found outside, the beautifully-manicured gardens are completely private, and guests will instantly feel as though they are in total tranquillity. Spend a warm evening dining al fresco in the garden or simply enjoy a quiet sundowner while admiring the wonderful surroundings. The children are bound to enjoy splashing around in the private swimming pool, while the adults may prefer to relax pool side with a good book or enjoy some healthy competition on the private tennis court!
There is plenty for guests to see, do and explore in the local area, the attractions of the city of Bath are only an hour drive away. Bath is famous for its Roman baths which attract large numbers of tourists from far and wide. The vibrant city of Bristol is also only half an hour away by car, an exciting city with a huge selection of restaurants, shops and an energetic night life.
- Living room with a marble surround open fireplace, armchairs and an antique rug
- Media room with TV
- Dining room with restored fireplace, open fire and dining facilities for 10
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Storage room with tennis rackets, balls and swimming towels
- Garage with table tennis and table football
- Master bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Bedroom with double bed
- Bedroom with double bed
- Bedroom with twin beds
- Bathroom with shower
- Bedroom with twin beds
- Family bathroom with bath and shower
- Two acres of gardens
- Dining facilities
- Croquet lawn
- Astro-turf tennis court
- Swimming pool (outside so closed in Winter months)
- Washing machine & dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Selection of books, games and DVDs
- Plenty of parking
Old Queens Manor is situated within a few minutes stroll from the village of Oldbury on Severn, a quaint little place enticing visitors back again and again. In the village there are many places to eat and drink in the summer sun. Oldbury is famous for The Anchor Pub where visitors mix with locals to enjoy the renowned British home cooking.
For guests that prefer a stroll before a meal, the White Hart pub in Littleton on Severn is a relaxing two mile walk away through glorious orchards and fields.
The 500 year old Thornbury Castle, where Henry VIII stayed with Anne Boleyn, provides not only a look into Britain's history and the glorious architecture of the building but also an exquisite dining experience in an ancient Elizabethan setting. It is only a 30 minute walk through the fields from The Old Queens Manor or 10 minutes by car.
The views from The Old Queens Manor are simply breathtaking. It is situated two minutes away from a church built on the site of ancient Celtic worship, and visitors to the area have often been seen sipping a glass of wine on the bench at its front, admiring the spectacular views stretching from the sailing club across the River Severn to the Blue Welsh Hills beyond.
For families with young children and teenagers it is an easy drive to Go-Ape, a forest network of ropes and swings, perfect for energetic youngsters or adults. Kayaking, climbing, canoeing and caving are also all available close by. For sport lovers, Thornbury has a scenic 18 hole golf course and a par 3 course with undulating views over the Severn Estuary.
Staying in Old Queens Manor, there are many local leisure opportunities. Local walks are famous. There is even an enchanting little bridle path running next to the garden and used only by walkers and horse riders. The owners of this glorious home supply maps and books so guests can navigate through the countryside. The Cotswolds are only a short drive away, and The Old Queens Manor is also situated only 15 minutes away by car from the Welsh border.
This cottage does not have any reviews but the agent has 13 reviews for their other properties.
This cottage is:
Outside this cottage in Oldbury-Upon-Severn, EnglandThis cottage has a pool, a barbecue, a tennis court and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 6 July 2020
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 7 July - 3 September 2020: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 4 September - 15 October 2020: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 16 October - 26 October 2020: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 26 October - 20 December 2020: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 December - 28 December 2020: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 28 December 2020 - 4 January 2021: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 8 January - 4 February 2021: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 5 February - 13 February 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 13 February - 31 March 2021: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 April - 19 April 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 19 April - 6 May 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 7 May - 2 September 2021: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 3 September - 14 October 2021: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 15 October - 24 October 2021: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 25 October - 19 December 2021: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 20 December - 28 December 2021: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 28 December 2021 - 6 January 2022: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
5 bedrooms, Sleeps 10
Private pool with electric heating
Central heating, Open fire
Barbecue, Tennis court
Hen or stag groups, Pets
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 40 bookings
Response rate: 93%
Response time: within 20 hours
Last seen: 3 hours ago
Number of properties: over 1,000