The Croft Rothbury
Cottage with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and golf nearby in Northumberland National Park, England
Booking cost: £0.00
From £324 per week
Cottage to rent in Northumberland National Park, England
Cottage overview - owner's description
Traditional Northumberland cottage lovingly restored to provide award winning self catering holiday accommodation for 4-5. Family and pet friendly.
Award winning cottage located in the heart of Northumberland, perched above the picturesque village of Rothbury (link) gateway to the Northumberland National Park. (link)
The semi detached stone cottage has been recently restored to provide high quality self-catering accommodation for 4-5 people in 2 bedrooms and with 2 bathrooms.
The house and terrace command panoramic views of the Simmonside hills and the Coquet Valley.
WiFi available free of charge. This is a no smoking holiday cottage.
The accommodation comprises:
Ground floor _
Kitchen – fully modernised, including electric cooker and hob, microwave cooker, fridge/freezer and washer/dryer. Tea towels etc are provided.
Dining room – includes an Ebach grand piano which guests are invited to play, also DVD / radio player with attachment for ipod etc. A high chair is provided.
Sitting room – comfortably furnished with plenty of seating and a multi fuel stove, flat screen TV with FreeSat, DVD recorder, cupboard containing books, DVD’s and family games.
Hallway – can be used for secure storage of bikes etc.
Bedroom 1 – king size double bed with pocket sprung mattress. A single bed and / or cot can be added to this room on request.
Bedroom 2 – either generous twin beds or a super king bed
(please state requirements when booking)
Bathroom 1 – double shower, hand basin and loo.
Bathroom 2 – bath with overhead shower, hand basin.
All bed linen and towels are provided.
There is a selection of toiletries in the bathrooms.
Sunny terrace with garden furniture from which to admire the view.
Enclosed private garden.
Parking for 2 cars.
This cottage has 4 verified reviews.
4 out of 4 people recommend staying here
very nice cottage on a good location . Plenty of space . Beds very comfortable . Owner very helpful
The Croft is a beautiful traditional house. The owner Cathy made us feel very welcome with a welcome pack with lots of goodies the jam was delicious. The house has everything you may need it was very clean and tidy the beds were very comfortable. The views from the property are stunning so lovely to sit outside and drink my morning coffee on the balcony. There is a great selection of local information, books, CDs, DVDs and games. I would have no hesitation in highly recommend this property to anyone looking for a break in Northumbria. Very well situated with beautiful views were defiantly be back.
We had a super stay at The Croft. The cottage was clean, tastefully furnished and well equipped. We particularly enjoyed the log burner in the evenings giving the place a real cosy feel. Situated above Rothbury the cottage has lovely views from the sunny terrace. I wouldn't hesitate to book again in the future.
This cottage is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this cottage in Northumberland National Park, EnglandThis cottage is in the countryside and in a quiet area. It has a balcony and a garden. Car hire is recommended as the cottage is less than a 15 minute walk to at least a couple of shops, bars and restaurants; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
Updated 28 November 2016
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 29 October - 15 December 2016: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 16 December - 23 December 2016: changeover day is Friday.
- 24 December - 27 December 2016: changeover day is Tuesday and bookings must be for whole weeks only.
- 29 December 2016 - 4 January 2017: changeover day is Wednesday and bookings must be for whole weeks only.
- 7 January - 13 January 2017: changeover day is Saturday and bookings must be for whole weeks only.
- 14 January - 5 May 2017: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 6 May - 19 May 2017: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 20 May - 15 July 2017: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 22 July - 16 December 2017: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 21 December - 27 December 2017: changeover day is Thursday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 28 December 2017 - 4 January 2018: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 24 January - 29 January 2018: changeover day is Saturday and bookings must be for whole weeks only.
- 2 January - 4 January 2019: changeover day is Wednesday.
- 24 January - 29 January 2019: changeover day is Saturday and bookings must be for whole weeks only.
2 bedrooms, Sleeps 5:
- 1 single bed, 1 king size bed
- 2 single beds
There is also 1 cot
2 bathrooms, 1 Separate WC
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WI-FI, Radio, TV Languages in English, Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 5, Dining area seats 6, Central heating, Open fire, Clothes drier, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire recommended
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Parking, Private garden
Children, Infants, Single gender groups, Pets
Private Owner From Rothbury, United Kingdom Member since Sep 2014
Past bookings: 9 bookings
Last logged in: 6 days ago
Number of properties: 1