Cottage with 7 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms in Norfolk, England
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £2,754 per week
Cottage to rent in Norfolk, England
Cottage overview - owner's description
Meadow Manor is a beautiful Manor House with parts dating back to the 16th century. The house has a stunning cliff top position overlooking the sea in the delightful village of Mundesley.
Meadow Manor is a beautiful Manor House with parts dating back to the 16th century. The house has a stunning cliff top position overlooking the sea in the delightful village of Mundesley. It also has direct beach access from the private garden.
Meadow Manor provides the ideal self catering seaside retreat. The house sleeps 14 and features stunning sea views, making it ideal for family holidays, relaxing weekends, reunions, hen weekends and special birthdays set in a quiet and tranquil Norfolk village.
Superbly located just a 5 minute walk from the heart of the village and 100 metres from the beach, it provides the ideal base to discover North Norfolk.
The house is perfectly suited as both a winter retreat, with log fires, country walks, and local pubs, as well as a summer holiday home, with beach life, BBQs, and summer fetes.
At Meadow Manor you'll find a stunning interior filled with modern contemporary art and 'beach style' furnishings subtly mixed with beautiful antiques and shabby chic curios.
The house consists of the main North and East wing section of the original manor house (75% of the main house). It has been furnished with 4 double beds, 2 twins and 1 single in 7 bedrooms to sleep a maximum of 14. We have arranged the house for large families, 2 families sharing or for groups of friends away for a Norfolk weekend break. The rooms have many antiques and pictures by local artists.
The house is furnished to a very high standard. Downstairs is a large entrance conservatory and large inner hall leading to a large sitting/dining room furnished in a beach-house style with a mixture of period furniture and contemporary pieces by local artists. There is a second 'cosy' sitting room with open log fire and antiques. The traditional kitchen has an original Aga and additional cooker.
For the kids (big and small) we have table football, crocquet, wet suits, buckets and spades, body boards, DVDs, VHS, Ipod Speakers as well as a mini cinema room and the spa pool. In addition there are 3 sitting rooms to relax in, one with a roaring log fire, and if cooking is your thing you'll love the Aga. We even have a boot room full of Barbour's and boots. The house has a playroom and in the garden there is croquet, table tennis (all weather), beach equipment for guests to enjoy. Inside the house is a selection of board games as well as Digital Plasma TV and CD surround sound.
- Entrance conservatory with seating for 5.
- Large Entrance Hall with main stairs.
- Drawing Room with open marble fireplace and TV with DVD.
- Main sitting room/dining room furnished in a beach house style with many contemporary art pieces and LCD digital TV and surround sound DVD. IPOD Voix Docking Speakers – Dock & Play all your IPOD tunes.
- Mini Cinema Room: 42' Plasma Digital TV and PS2 console with bean bag seating.
- Large kitchen seats 6 - 8 with Aga, and electric oven, dishwasher, 2 fridges and 1 freezer leading to laundry room.
- Boot Room with WC and a selection of wellies and coats for guests to use
- Master double bedroom with a funky slipper bath.
- 3x double bedrooms.
- 2x bathrooms, which have been recently redecorated witha new shower and bath in the main bathroom. and new new shower in the second bathroom.
- 1x shower room.
- 3x separate WCs.
- Single bedroom or nursery.
- 2 further attic bedrooms (one triple and one twin) with stunning sea views.
Large 1/3 acre garden, mainly lawn with small wood giving house seclusion, large gas BBQ and seating for 14, garden furniture, spa pool, table tennis. The shed has beach wetsuits. A path through our wood leads directly to the beach path 100yds away. A stunning beach garden with terrific views has also been added to the property.
The house is perfectly situated to discover the stunning North Norfolk coast line including Cromer, Sheringham, Cley, Blakeney, Wells, Burnham Market, Burnham Overy Staithe, and Brancaster. It is also ideal for exploring inland to discover the market towns of Holt, Fakenham, Aylsham, North Walsham.
A path through the wood leads directly to the beach path 100 yards away.
Mundesley is a small, largely undiscovered, pretty Victorian seaside village located on the North Norfolk coast. It has an award winning beach, excellent village facilities and beautiful surrounding countryside for summer and winter walks. The house is just a 1 minute walk from the beach and 5 minutes walk from the pretty village centre. The village has everything needed: a good butcher, wet fish stand, general store, vegetable shop, chemist, excellent chip shop, art gallery and numerous pubs all within walking distance.
Things to do
- Discover Mundesley
- Traditional Broads Sailing
- Seal Trips
- Sailing at Morston
- Historic Houses
- Antiques and restaurants
- Norfolk Wildlife Trust
- Golf at Mundesley Golf Club, Royal Cromer Golf Club, Links Country Park Hotel and Golf Club
- Saracen's Head Gastro Pub
- Walpole Arms Gastro Pub
- Morston Hall
- Byfords Holt
- The Victoria
- White Horse Blakeney
Recommended Local Pubs
- Royal Hotel
- Vernon Arms: a favourite with good food, a log fire and a pool table
- Spa: Please note that the spa pool is open all year round.
- All linen and spa pool included in the rental price until the end of September.
- Pets:The house is not ideal for pets (on request only) and is non smoking and may not suit disabled guests.
Where the owner agrees to a pet an additional £150 security despoil is held.
- No dogs upstairs.
- No dogs on furniture.
- Large dogs such as German shepherd, Labradors have to be requested first.
- Dogs to sleep in either the Kitchen, back wash room or garden shed.
- All poop to be collected from the garden
- Owners to conduct a ‘dog patrol' tidy of departure to assist our cleaner staying on target for the turnaround of next guests.
- Please ensure both the main ‘road' and garden gates are shut
- The owners of Meadow Manor accept no liability for the loss, injury or death of a pet whilst at Meadow Manor.
This cottage does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This cottage is:
Prices and availability
Updated 17 October 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 29 September - 21 December 2017: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 22 December 2017 - 4 January 2018: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 5 January - 12 July 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 13 July - 30 August 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 31 August 2018 - 4 January 2024: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
7 bedrooms, Sleeps 14
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi
Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional
Hen or stag groups, Pets