Cottage with 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms in Newbattle/Pathhead, Scotland
From £3,913 per week
Cottage to rent in Newbattle/Pathhead, Scotland
Logan Manor makes a wonderful home for those wanting to enjoy a relaxed Scottish break, in easy reaching distance of Edinburgh and fantastic attractions and amenities. Set in the village of Dalkeith.
Share this holiday home
Cottage overview - owner's description
Logan Manor makes a wonderful home for those wanting to enjoy a relaxed Scottish break, in easy reaching distance of Edinburgh and fantastic attractions and amenities. Set in the village of Dalkeith, within three and a half acres of private gardens, it offers complete peace and quiet. When listening to the soothing sounds of the River Esk, which runs through the property, it will be hard to believe you are just a short car journey away from the buzzing capital city.
Originally dating back to 1703, the Manor has been lovingly modernised in recent years by its current owners who have managed to seamlessly blend its original charm and character with updated interiors and contemporary facilities. Logan Manor can comfortably accommodate up to ten guests across five beautifully appointed bedrooms, each of which boasting its very own en-suite bathroom.
On the ground floor is the fully equipped kitchen which comes complete with all the tools a budding chef could possibly need as well as a bright sun room, the perfect spot to enjoy some quite time with a good read while enjoying the garden views. Upstairs, on the first floor is the main drawing room, with its cosy fireplace this is a fantastic space to snuggle up and put on your favourite film. Also on this level is the first of the bedrooms, a super-king room with en-suite bathroom. On the second floor is the beautiful master suite with its super-king bed and luxurious en-suite bathroom complete with indulgent roll-top bath and walk-in rain shower. There is also a further bedroom, a twin, which can on request be set up as a super-king, with en-suite shower room. Finally, on the third floor are the remaining two bedrooms, a super-king room, and a twin room, which again on request can be set up as a super-king room, both of which boast an en-suite shower room.
Outside, the gardens are a real oasis, there is no better way to end a day than to enjoy a soak in the hydro pool swim spa. On a warm evening, the whole gang will enjoy gathering together on the terrace for a yummy barbecue al fresco!
- Fully-equipped kitchen with hob, microwave and dishwasher and terrace access
- Living space in sun room with dining facilities for 10, large windows and skylight with garden views
- Snug with private bar
- Drawing room with fireplace
- Bedroom with super-king bed and en-suite bathroom with rain shower over the bath
- Master suite with super-king size bed and en-suite bathroom with roll-top bath and walk-in rain shower
- Bedroom with two single beds and en-suite bathroom with walk-in rain shower (can be set up as a super-king room, please request which you would prefer at time of booking)
- Bedrom with two single beds and en-suite shower room (can be set up as a super-king room, please request which you would prefer at time of booking)
- Bedroom with super-king size bed and en-suite shower room
- Hydro Pool Swim Spa
- 3.5 acres of private gardens
- River Esk flows through the garden
- Terrace with dining facilities
- Resident hens to provide fresh eggs for breakfast
- Smart TVs in the drawing room & kitchen
- SONOS music system
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Hypnos beds in every room
- Bathrobes & slippers
- Washing machine & dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Heated floor in 3 of the bathrooms
- Child's highchair
Logan Manor is situated in the historic town of Dalkeith, just a twenty-five-minute car journey from the city of Edinburgh, with its fabulous attractions and famous sights. Alternatively, should you wish to leave the car at home you can choose to take the train into Edinburgh from the near-by station, reaching the city takes just fifteen minutes. Edinburgh Airport is conveniently located just twenty minutes away, making this the perfect home for a reunion of international friends.
Helpful amenities such as shops and restaurants can be found in the centre of Dalkeith, just a five-minute walk from the Manor. Fort Douglas set within Dalkeith Country Park, is just a five-minute car journey away, makes a fantastic place for the whole family to spend an afternoon with its beautiful walks, excellent restaurant, cafe and adventure playground. Less than a 10-minute car journey away is the Edinburgh Butterfly & Insect World, here the children are bound to enjoy getting up close to creepy crawlies, fascinating reptiles and beautiful butterflies.
For keen golfers, there are excellent courses in the surrounding area, including Duddingston, Muirfield, Gullane and North Berwick. Arguably the most famous of all, St Andrews, is just an 90-mninute car journey from the home.
This cottage does not have any reviews but the agent has 14 reviews for their other properties.
Outside this cottage in Newbattle/Pathhead, ScotlandThis cottage is near the waterfront. It has a barbecue.
Prices and availability
Updated 21 September 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 22 September - 19 December 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 10 January - 31 May 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 June - 30 September 2020: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 1 October - 19 December 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 20 December 2020 - 7 January 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 8 January 2021 - 21 September 2022: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
5 ensuite bedrooms, Sleeps 10
6 bathrooms including 5 en suites
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 38 bookings
Response rate: 91%
Response time: within 23 hours
Last seen: 12 hours ago
Number of properties: over 1,000