Cottage with 7 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms in Mundesley, England
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £2,817 per week
Cottage to rent in Mundesley, England
Meadow Manor is a beautiful Manor House with parts dating back to the 16th century. The house has a stunning cliff top position overlooking the sea in the delightful village of Mundesley.
Share this holiday home
Cottage overview - owner's description
Meadow Manor is a beautiful Manor House with parts dating back to the 16th century. The house has a stunning cliff top position overlooking the sea in the delightful village of Mundesley. It also has direct beach access from the private garden.
Meadow Manor provides the ideal self catering seaside retreat. The house sleeps 14 and features stunning sea views, making it ideal for family holidays, relaxing weekends, reunions, hen weekends and special birthdays set in a quiet and tranquil Norfolk village.
Superbly located just a 5 minute walk from the heart of the village and 100 metres from the beach, it provides the ideal base to discover North Norfolk.
The house is perfectly suited as both a winter retreat, with log fires, country walks, and local pubs, as well as a summer holiday home, with beach life, BBQs, and summer fetes.
At Meadow Manor you'll find a stunning interior filled with modern contemporary art and 'beach style' furnishings subtly mixed with beautiful antiques and shabby chic curios.
The house consists of the main North and East wing section of the original manor house (75% of the main house). It has been furnished with 4 double beds, 2 twins and 1 single in 7 bedrooms to sleep a maximum of 14. We have arranged the house for large families, 2 families sharing or for groups of friends away for a Norfolk weekend break. The rooms have many antiques and pictures by local artists.
The house is furnished to a very high standard. Downstairs is a large entrance conservatory and large inner hall leading to a large sitting/dining room furnished in a beach-house style with a mixture of period furniture and contemporary pieces by local artists. There is a second 'cosy' sitting room with open log fire and antiques. The traditional kitchen has an original Aga and additional cooker.
For the kids (big and small) we have table football, crocquet, wet suits, buckets and spades, body boards, DVDs, VHS, Ipod Speakers as well as a mini cinema room and the spa pool. In addition there are 3 sitting rooms to relax in, one with a roaring log fire, and if cooking is your thing you'll love the Aga. We even have a boot room full of Barbour's and boots. The house has a playroom and in the garden there is croquet, table tennis (all weather), beach equipment for guests to enjoy. Inside the house is a selection of board games as well as Digital Plasma TV and CD surround sound.
- Entrance conservatory with seating for 5.
- Large Entrance Hall with main stairs.
- Drawing Room with open marble fireplace and TV with DVD.
- Main sitting room/dining room furnished in a beach house style with many contemporary art pieces and LCD digital TV and surround sound DVD. IPOD Voix Docking Speakers – Dock & Play all your IPOD tunes.
- Mini Cinema Room: 42' Plasma Digital TV and PS2 console with bean bag seating.
- Large kitchen seats 6 - 8 with Aga, and electric oven, dishwasher, 2 fridges and 1 freezer leading to laundry room.
- Boot Room with WC and a selection of wellies and coats for guests to use
- Master double bedroom with a funky slipper bath.
- 3x double bedrooms.
- 2x bathrooms, which have been recently redecorated witha new shower and bath in the main bathroom. and new new shower in the second bathroom.
- 1x shower room.
- 3x separate WCs.
- Single bedroom or nursery.
- 2 further attic bedrooms (one triple and one twin) with stunning sea views.
Large 1/3 acre garden, mainly lawn with small wood giving house seclusion, large gas BBQ and seating for 14, garden furniture, spa pool, table tennis. The shed has beach wetsuits. A path through our wood leads directly to the beach path 100yds away. A stunning beach garden with terrific views has also been added to the property.
The house is perfectly situated to discover the stunning North Norfolk coast line including Cromer, Sheringham, Cley, Blakeney, Wells, Burnham Market, Burnham Overy Staithe, and Brancaster. It is also ideal for exploring inland to discover the market towns of Holt, Fakenham, Aylsham, North Walsham.
A path through the wood leads directly to the beach path 100 yards away.
Mundesley is a small, largely undiscovered, pretty Victorian seaside village located on the North Norfolk coast. It has an award winning beach, excellent village facilities and beautiful surrounding countryside for summer and winter walks. The house is just a 1 minute walk from the beach and 5 minutes walk from the pretty village centre. The village has everything needed: a good butcher, wet fish stand, general store, vegetable shop, chemist, excellent chip shop, art gallery and numerous pubs all within walking distance.
Things to do
- Discover Mundesley
- Traditional Broads Sailing
- Seal Trips
- Sailing at Morston
- Historic Houses
- Antiques and restaurants
- Norfolk Wildlife Trust
- Golf at Mundesley Golf Club, Royal Cromer Golf Club, Links Country Park Hotel and Golf Club
- Saracen's Head Gastro Pub
- Walpole Arms Gastro Pub
- Morston Hall
- Byfords Holt
- The Victoria
- White Horse Blakeney
Recommended Local Pubs
- Royal Hotel
- Vernon Arms: a favourite with good food, a log fire and a pool table
This cottage does not have any reviews but the agent has 5 reviews for their other properties.
This cottage is:
Prices and availability
Updated 22 September 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 23 September 2018 - 11 July 2019: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 12 July - 29 August 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 30 August 2019 - 22 September 2021: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
7 bedrooms, Sleeps 14
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi
Central heating, Open fire
Hen or stag groups, Pets