Chateau with 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms in United Kingdom
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £3,680 per week
Chateau to rent in United Kingdom
Chateau overview - owner's description
NEW & EXCLUSIVE TO OLIVER'S TRAVELS – March 2017
Nestled in a cosy hamlet with extraordinary views overlooking the.
NEW & EXCLUSIVE TO OLIVER'S TRAVELS – March 2017
Nestled in a cosy hamlet with extraordinary views overlooking the rolling green valleys of Kent's unmistakable countryside, lies Mannings Wood. Charming and humble, the house has an aura of seclusion and intimacy, whilst still being a mere 10 minutes' walk of the dainty market town Westerham.
Recently refurbished, this country house was originally constructed by Durtnell in the 1930's. Guests can expect a wonderful blend of old and new; period features are dotted around the home with modern finishes and heaps of technology.
The interior is glorious; the ground floor is adorned with honey oak floors, working fireplace, exquisite paintings, antiques and the piece de resistance – a stunning chandelier at the top of the staircase. The Rencraft fitted kitchen has walnut cabinetry, green granite top surfaces, a Falcon range cooker and Quooker hot tap – perfect for whipping up a feast.
The spacious dining room, drawing room and music room are all located at the rear of the house. Two of which have French doors opening directly onto the York stone terrace that beautifully wraps around the whole of the property. The terrace is the spot to take full advantage of the picturesque countryside views.
The first floor consists of the master bedroom with a super king-size bed and en-suite bathroom, two bedrooms with king beds and one single bedroom. There is also an additional single bedroom with a sofa bed that can be used as a quiet snug for guests to relax in or as an extra bedroom. Two family bathrooms are shared by the bedrooms with a bath and shower available.
There is a loft on the second floor, which is both bright and spacious. The space has a large flat screen TV, great for pals who want to enjoy movie nights. The loft can also double up as a children's bedroom with two small single beds. Oh, and it gets better, the loft also boasts a stunning wood panelled en-suite bathroom with sauna and a steam shower.
Outside guests can soak up the stunning views from the terrace, take a refreshing dip in the heated pool or enjoy a game of tennis on the fenced court.
The immediate countryside is lovely, providing a rich mix of activities, marvellous walks on bridle pathways, riding and golf at one of the eight nearby courses.
Many visitors are attracted by the graceful atmosphere and momentous associations of the area. There are many nearby attractions including historic houses to visit such as Chartwell House, Hever Castle, Penshurst Place and Squerryes Court. Mannings Wood is both an idealistic weekend retreat for those wishing to escape from the hustle and bustle of London, and a perfect base for an active mini break.
- Reception hall with chandelier, honey oaked floors and staircase leading to the first floor
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room fitted by Rencraft with walnut cabinets, green granite surfaces, falcon range cooker, Quooker hot tap, Nespresso machine, dishwasher, Fridge-freezer, heated towel rack, bread maker, Television and a small kitchen table with 4 chairs
- 2 Cloakrooms with WC and sink
- Boot Room
- Utility Room with sink, microwave and washing machine.
The 3 reception rooms boast honey oaked floors and are located at the rear of the property and thus benefit from the stunning views over the garden and Manning Woods.
The majestic blue dining room is bursting with character and style. There is a beautiful antique table, 8 butler chairs and French doors which open directly onto the terrace.
The charming drawing room offers a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. It is filled with beautiful paintings, antique light fittings, Bose sound system, and a lovely working fireplace. There are 2 sofas and French doors leading to the Music Room.
The Music Room offers bi-folding door which open directly onto the terrace with exquisite views over the garden. The Music room has a piano, wonderful selection of classical music and small table and chairs.
- Master Bedroom with super king bed and en suite bathroom including a free standing bath tub and shower
- Bedroom 2 - king size wooden slay bed and built in wardrobe
- Bedroom 3 - king size bed and built in wardrobe
- Bedroom 4 - small bedroom with a single bed overlooking the garden
- Bedroom 5 - small bedroom with a sofa bed and large wooden cupboard
- Family bathroom including a bath with shower, WC, sink underfloor heating and heated towel rank.
- Bathroom with shower, WC and sink
The loft is a spacious TV room which can double up as a bedroom. As it comes complete with 2 small singles beds which are ideal for children. It is accessible via the secondary staircase and also offers a large en suite shower room which includes a sauna and a stream shower cabinet.
- Large expanses of lawn surrounded by mature trees and high hedges
- Well stocked flower-beds, herd garden and shrubberies
- Large York stone terrace with two wooden tables and chairs
- Outdoor heated swimming pool (10 X 4) with child safe cover. The swimming pool is open between the 1st April – 30th November.
- Fully fenced tennis Court with rackets and balls provided
- Private parking at the front of the house
- Working fireplace
- Patio doors
- Quooker hot tap
- Bose sound system
- Heated swimming pool
- Sauna and Steam shower
- Outside garden furniture available
Mannings Wood is located just south-east of Westerham Town. The market town is a 10-minute walk from the house and offers a classic country style atmosphere with a wonderful selection of restaurants, tea shops, gastro pubs, beauty salons, boutiques and much more.
The beautiful Kent villages of Ide Hill, Toys Hill and Crockham Hill and their locally reputed pubs are between 30 minutes and 1 hour's walk from Mannings Wood, across stunningly beautiful countryside. Guest can also enjoy the renowned White Heart.
The house is an ideal base to explore Kent/Surrey as Hever and Penshurst castles, Knowle House and Ightham Moat are all approximately 20 minutes away.
The house is also located on the Greensands Way Walk, within easy walking distance to National Trust Properties such as Chartwell (Winston Churchill's home), Quebec House (General Wolfe's childhood home) and Emmett's Gardens.
Furthermore, the nearby towns of Oxted and Sevenoaks boast a swimming complex, cafes, supermarkets, restaurants and cinema. The towns are also excellently connected to Gatwick airport, Victoria and Charing Cross station.
- No glass is allowed around the pool, plastic glasses are provided.
- Please leave the BBQ as you found it, if the BBQ is not cleaned following use and cleaning charge will de deducted from the security deposit.
- The swimming pool cover will be removed at 8.30 in the morning and placed back on the pool at 19.00 in the evening.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 1 review for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in United KingdomThis chateau has a tennis court and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 18 August 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 14 July - 18 December 2017: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 19 December 2017 - 3 January 2018: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 23 March - 6 April 2018: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 13 July - 18 December 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 19 December 2018 - 3 January 2019: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
6 bedrooms, Sleeps 10
Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional
Hen or stag groups