Chateau with 8 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms and private pool in Hurst Green, England
From £6,180 per week
Chateau to rent in Hurst Green, England
Boarzell holds a wonderful location nestled amongst beautiful East Sussex countryside, just minutes from the sleepy village of Hurst Green.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
Boarzell holds a wonderful location nestled amongst beautiful East Sussex countryside, just minutes from the sleepy village of Hurst Green. The grand manor house is bursting with charm and character and with 20 acres of private gardens and woodland, it offers a wealth of wonderful onsite facilities and is just an hour from exciting London.
The manor house is adorned with original features, the antiques and period wooden panelling helps to give Boarzell an impressively regal feel, while the elegant yet comfortable interiors will make guests feel instantly at home. Boarzell's spacious interiors can comfortably accommodate up to fifteen guests across eight well-appointed bedrooms.
A sweeping drive through thick woodland opens out to reveal the impressive Grade II listed property, the wow factor continues as you step through the front door and arrive in the elegant entrance hall. The grand hallway leads off to the formal dining room, which makes the perfect place to enjoy a special, celebratory meal with your loved ones and the formal reading room. On the other side of the entrance hall, is the lovely and bright kitchen area complete with large breakfast table and vast windows which allow guests to enjoy the countryside views even on the chilliest of mornings. Leading on from the kitchen is a further sitting room, this makes the perfect spot to sit back in one of the opulent sofa's while enjoying your favourite film after a busy day exploring the surrounding area.
Upstairs, on the first floor is the opulent master bedroom, guests are bound to argue over this room with its luxurious en-suite bathroom and private balcony. Also on this level, two bedroom one super king and a small double bedroom, both of which come complete with en-suite shower rooms. There is one further small double bedroom and a twin room. The bedrooms on this level share the use of a luxurious family bathroom which boasts a large freestanding bathtub, perfect for a warm soak after a long countryside stroll! Upstairs on the second floor, is a king-size double bedroom complete with en-suite shower room, and second twin and single rooms as well as a further family bathroom.
Boarzell's real magic can be found outside, the extensive gardens are completely private, and guests will instantly feel a million miles from any hustle and bustle. French doors lead from the kitchen out on to the terrace, this makes the perfect spot to dine al fresco or simply enjoy a quiet sundowner while admiring the astonishing views over magnificent East Sussex countryside. The children are bound to enjoy splashing around in the private swimming pool, while the adults may prefer to relax pool side with a good book or enjoy some healthy competition on the private tennis court!
- Please note the property has personal belongings of the owners at the property. The property is rented as a holiday let and not a venue. The number of guests on site during a rental cannot exceed the booking capacity.
- The maximum capacity for the property is strictly 15 including children.
- Entrance hallway
- Reception hall with reading area
- Kitchen with AGA and dining facilities
- Dining room with seating for 12 formally, but can easily accommodate 16
- Sitting room
- Reading room with window seat
- Billiard room with snooker table
- Games room with ping pong table
- Master bedroom with super-king bed, balcony and en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom with twin beds
- Bedroom with king sized bed and en-suite shower room
- Bedroom with small four poster double and en-suite shower room
- Bathroom with central bath and shower
- Bedroom with small double bed
- Bathroom with bath
- Bedroom with king-size bed and en-suite shower room
- Bedroom with twin beds
- Bedroom with small double
- Bathroom with bath and shower
- Private swimming pool
- Dining facilities
- Tennis court
- Croquet available
- 20 acres of garden firlds and woodland
- TV & DVD
- Gaggia Classic Coffee Machine
- Washing machine & dryer
- Plenty of parking
- Four tennis rackets (please bring your own balls!)
* Please note that while there is a hob with 4 units, there is no conventional oven, just an Aga.
- Please note the property has personal belongings of the owners at the property. The property is rented as a holiday let and not an event venue. The number of guests on site during a rental cannot exceed the booking capacity.
Boarzell holds a fantastic rural location less than ten minutes from the villages of Hurst Green and Robertsbridge, where excellent restaurants and helpful amenities can be found. Just an hour from exciting London, either on the train to Etchingham station or by car.
Boarzell makes a wonderful base for those wishing to explore beautiful East Sussex, the famous town of Battle is less than fifteen minutes away, while the coastal towns of Rye and Hastings are both less than half an hour away. The charming, historic town of Royal Tunbridge Wells is only a twenty-minute car journey away, here visitors can soak up the history and culture and enjoy boutique shopping along The Pantiles. Bewl Water is just fifteen minutes away and makes a fantastic day out for the whole family with a range of leisure and recreational activities for visitors to participate in, including water sports, cycling and fishing.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 13 reviews for their other properties.
Outside this chateau in Hurst Green, EnglandThis chateau has a pool, a barbecue and a tennis court.
Prices and availability
Updated 20 March 2020
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 3 April - 17 April 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 May - 8 May 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 22 May - 29 May 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 29 May - 27 August 2020: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 28 August - 4 September 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 16 October - 26 October 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 26 October - 20 December 2020: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 21 December 2020 - 4 January 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 8 January - 4 February 2021: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 5 February - 13 February 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 April - 19 April 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 30 April - 7 May 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 May - 30 May 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 30 May - 26 August 2021: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 27 August - 3 September 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
8 bedrooms, Sleeps 15
DVD/Blu-ray player, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire
Barbecue, Tennis court
Snooker / pool table, Table tennis
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 39 bookings
Response rate: 92%
Response time: within 22 hours
Last seen: a day ago
Number of properties: over 1,000