Chateau with 10 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms in Gwynedd, Wales
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £2,754 per week
Chateau to rent in Gwynedd, Wales
Chateau overview - owner's description
Treat yourselves to a peaceful and tranquil break in this luxurious 10 bedroom, C16th country house. The house sits snugly in the mountainous area of Snowdonia, North Wales.
Treat yourselves to a peaceful and tranquil break in this luxurious 10 bedroom, C16th country house. The house sits snugly in the mountainous area of Snowdonia, North Wales, just a short walk from the sandy delights of the Llyn Peninsula and the bustling seaside town of Criccieth.
Gwynedd House offers large group accommodation, either on a self-catering basis or with in-house catering. Local activities range from golf to surfing.
Sleeping up to 21 guests, this south facing, fantastic house is set in 9 acres of garden and woodlands and is perfect for large parties wanting to celebrate a special occasion!
Over 400 years old, this country home was once the home of the family of Lloyd George, the Liberal Prime Minister, in the late 1900s. More recently the property has been used as a lovely country hotel.
Throughout the summer months you can enjoy flower filled gardens, long evening walks and the space to fully unwind or play a game of tennis on the private tennis court.
Spring, summer, autumn or winter, Gwynedd House welcomes you year round!
- Bedroom 1 has a four-poster bed, and a modern bathroom fitted with a steam room that seats two. The bedroom has a view over the sea and garden.
- Bedroom 2 has a convenient zip-and-link bed. It is spacious with chaise-lounge, and modern bathroom with solid cherry and granite fittings, bath and shower.
- There is an adjoining door to Room 3 with full-size bunk beds which can form a spacious Family Room.
- Bedroom 4 has twin occupancy, and is fitted with a new bathroom equipped with a large walk-in shower.
- Bedroom 5 is a double bedroom – an adjoining single room has enough room for a travel cot. There is an en-suite stylish bathroom with large walk-in shower. The bedroom overlooks the drive and gardens.
- Bedroom 6 is a twin bedroom, fitted with a bath and over-bath shower. The room has a view of the walled gardens and woods.
- Bedroom 7 is a double bedroom, fitted with a bath and over-bath shower. The room has a view of Lane and Gardens.
- Bedroom 8 is a double bedroom, with a new bathroom, comprising of large walk-in shower, toilet and basin. The room has a view of the walled garden and woods.
- Bedroom 9 is a totally refurbished double room, with new bathroom and fittings. It can also be used with Room 10, which has bunk beds and new fixtures of a sea-side theme.
- Roaring log fires aid winter pleasures, including billiards, table tennis, many board games, and movies on the projector TV/DVD screen. If you're feeling particularly energetic you can work off that warming winter food in our in-house gym.
Games Room and Lounge
Enjoy a relaxing evening watching a film from our DVD selection on the projector screen, or take on the family with a competitive game of pool, table tennis or even Monopoly! From traditional board games, to poker or pool, Gwynedd House offers:
- Full-size table tennis
- Pool table
- Lots of board games, cards and poker chips
- Chess table
- Cricket bats and balls
- Rounders equipment
- Webber gas barbeque
In the drowsy warmth of summer, relax in seven acres of gardens, among the azaelea, hydreangea and roses, while enjoying sun-sparkling views of the Irish Sea, and the ancient Criccieth Castle.
Children love the freedom to play riotous games of football, rugby and cricket, or simply ride the tree swings, and play with the cat, dog, ponies and chickens. Outdoor amenities include:
- Hard-weather tennis court, with views down to Cardigan Bay.
- 4 x basic tennis rackets available. Please bring your own tennis balls.
- Gymnasium: located in the old coach house to the rear of the property, the gymnasium offers seven different stations. The equipment will target your cardiovascular system with weighted machines – as we feel there is no need for running machines when you can fill your lungs with the Welsh sea air with a run along the beach!
- The spacious grounds can be transformed into 'The Oval' for an afternoon game of cricket, 'The Olympic Stadium' for an energetic decathlon or 'La Place de L'hotel de Ville' for a relaxing game of boules. All the equipment is provided.
From your luxurious base at Gwynedd House, enjoy the best that North Wales has to offer:
The house is a stone's throw from Criccieth Golf Club (with special prices for golfing parties staying at the house). Other local golf clubs include Nefyn, Pwllheli, St David's, and Porthmadog. Oliver's VIP concierge team can arrange tee times for you, plus a 10% discount. Maximum golfing parties: 10 (single occupancy), or up to 18 sharing.
- Criccieth Castle
- Llechwedd Slate Caverns, discover the unique heritage of Welsh Slate
- Portmeirion Village and Gardens
- Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways
What takes your fancy? There's archery, golf, rifle shooting – or perhaps, awaiting your arrival, you'd like to book a delicious starter hamper (all produce sourced from suppliers within a 15 mile radius).
Whatever it may be, the owners are on hand to make sure that your stay at Gwynedd House is both enjoyable and memorable. So much so that you will return time and time again – no matter the weather or the season.
Choose from in-house archery, rifle shooting, boules and tennis. Oliver's VIP Concierge Team can also organise group bookings for golf (tee-off times and a 10% discount), clay-pigeon shooting and boat trips to mystical Bardsey island.
Bob Valentine – The Shooting School, in Llanbedrog offers both traditional and clay-pigeon shoots for groups (minimum eight people). Criccieth also offers tennis, nine-hole golf course, sea angling, swimming and surfing.
Groups can either book on a self-catering basis, or with in-house catering with an accomplished chef. Extra 'add ons' include a summer welcome hamper, or hot tasty winter dinner waiting for you in the Aga. The chef can cater to all your culinary needs, from a tasty three-course dinner, to a simple, fresh buffet, or a wonderful summer BBQ, all with locally sourced Welsh produce.
If you choose to self-cater, the well-equipped luxury kitchen includes two fan-assisted ovens, a microwave oven/grill, a wonderful Aga, and a convenient deep-fat fryer. The owner also includes mixes, spices, condiments – and access to their fragrant herb garden.
Housekeeping can be arranged at time of booking: Kitchen £12.00, Bedroom/en-suite £8.00, Lounge/Dining Room £10.00.
Carys Wyn Alhoff-Roberts offers a range of holistic therapies in the Oasis Treatment Room at the house. The treatment room is located in the old stables. Therapies include Reiki, Indian Head Massage, Aromatherapy, Swedish massage, Reflexology and a range of facials.
To arrange any of these services, contact Oliver's VIP Concierge Team.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Gwynedd, WalesThis chateau has a tennis court.
Prices and availability
Updated 21 October 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 20 October 2017 - 19 July 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 20 July - 30 August 2018: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 31 August 2018 - 4 January 2024: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
10 bedrooms, Sleeps 20
8 bathrooms including 10 en suites
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi
Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional
Hen or stag groups, Pets