Chateau with 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms in Devon, England
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £1,170 per week
Chateau to rent in Devon, England
Chateau overview - owner's description
Kingsbridge Manor holds a wonderful position, situated at the end of a meandering driveway, nestled amongst the rolling South Devon countryside.
Kingsbridge Manor holds a wonderful position, situated at the end of a meandering driveway, nestled amongst the rolling South Devon countryside. The manor house boasts thirty acres of private grounds and far-reaching views, making it the perfect location for a rural escape for the whole family. While guests will feel a million miles from any hustle & bustle, the market town of Kingsbridge is just minutes from your front door and boasts an excellent selection of helpful amenities including shops, restaurants and supermarkets.
The splendid Grade II listed manor house has been painstakingly restored and now beautifully combines both charming 17th century features with modern facilities, accommodating up to ten guests it makes a fabulous base for a family reunion or get-together! Spread over two levels the main living accommodation can be found on the ground floor while the spacious bedrooms upstairs. The living room with its open fire, wooden beams and elegant furnishings is the perfect place to enjoy a quiet nightcap with loved ones after a long day exploring the surrounding area. The kitchen is large enough that there will never be too many chefs! Complete with a luxurious Aga, large breakfast bar and dining facilities, it makes a great social area to get everyone together. After cooking up a storm in the kitchen, the separate formal dining room is the perfect place to tuck in! Upstairs are the five double bedrooms, one comes complete with private en-suite bathroom, while two share a jack and jill bathroom. There is also a luxury family bathroom.
The outside space is as equally remarkable, with endless space to enjoy. The patio area complete with dining facilities offers a great area to enjoy your morning coffee, while the grassed area in front of the barns is a fantastic play area for the little ones. There are a further thirty acres of land to explore, boasting a small lake, a stream, woodland and endless views, guests are sure to never be bore
- Living Room with large open fire place, Flatscreen TV and Blu-ray player
- Kitchen with dining facilities for ten, Aga, large island Nef oven, hob and grill, fridge/freezer, two dishwashers, microwave and flatscreen TV
- Dining room with dining facilities for ten and log burning stove
- Master bedroom with queen sized bed, free standing wardrobe, chest of drawers, dressing table, mirror, flatscreen TV, and access to en-suite Jack and Jill shared bathroom
- Bedroom with super-king size 6ft bed and access to en-suite Jack and Jill bathroom shared with the master bedroom
- Bedroom with super-king size bed and en-suite bathroom with shower, WC and washbasin
- Bedroom with double bed
- Bedroom with four poster double bed and sofa/day bed
- Family bathroom with bath, walk in double shower cubicle, twin washbasins, shower and bidet
- Two acres of formal grounds with stunning areas of terraces, formal planting, specimen trees, magnificent stonework walling and beautiful leafy walks, plus an additional thirty acres which include an orchard and large pond.
Please note: The pond is not fenced off, so young children will need to take care.
- 2x washing machines
- Tumble dryer
The house is located less than ten minutes from the market town of Kingsbridge where a wide slection of avtivities and handy amenities can be found. The popular spots of Salcombe and Dartmouth are both less than a thirty minute car journey away, meanining that it is easy to reach both beaches and harbour offering guests a wide range of day out options and ideas!
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Prices and availability
Updated 21 October 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 21 October 2017 - 6 January 2024: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
5 bedrooms, Sleeps 10
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional