Chateau with 7 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms in Denby Dale, England
From £4,602 per week
Chateau to rent in Denby Dale, England
NEW & EXCLUSIVE TO OLIVER'S TRAVELS
The outstanding Emley Woodhouse is a spacious Grade II listed Georgian country home.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
NEW & EXCLUSIVE TO OLIVER'S TRAVELS
The outstanding Emley Woodhouse is a spacious Grade II listed Georgian country home, perfect for those wanting a rural getaway. Seamlessly blending original architecture with modern, understated elegant style, the home is filled with thoughtful and playful design touches, contemporary comforts all within an unparalleled spot of sublime natural beauty.
Set within rolling grounds, in the heart of the windswept West Yorkshire moorlands that inspired the Bronte sister's great literary contribution. The superbly finished interior exudes style and a welcoming warmth atmosphere. Making it an ideal luxury self-catered holiday home to enjoy with the whole family.
Nestled in charming gardens filled in the spring and summer months with roses, hydrangeas and apple trees. The garden is a beckon for wildlife with tawny owls, hares, rabbits and badgers being regularly spotted in the private garden and neighbouring open fields. Country-lovers can venture through the garden gate which leads directly onto a local footpath offering access to a nearby stream and woods to explore freely. Imagine sitting back, in the softening evening sun, fragrant with blossoming plants, as the family comes together for a game of croquet before a wonderful Aga-cooked meal (courtesy of a local farm shop), seasoned freshly from the houses herb garden.
This charismatic and commanding home can accommodate a group of fifteen to seventeen guests, spread across seven bedrooms, including two empire and three super king-sized beds. Large or extended family group, for celebrations, occasions, or merely some of England's finest country air!
Whilst being so gracefully understated, this home doesn't miss a trick when it comes to all the modern touches. Guests can rest assured top-range appliances, and modern kitchen appliances are in place - this is a home where visitors can slow the pace, away from the crowds and pace of modern, urban living. Whilst still being surrounded by all modern comforts.
Emley Woodhouse is a dignified home, with impeccably finished interiors - classical, yet with a flair of designer panache. The living room is inviting and strikingly calm, with ambient lighting and sherbet-dust pink and cream tones. Making it a perfect space to come together after a busy day and enjoy warm evenings with board games and books.
This calm, yet characterful home offers a vivacious eat-in modern style kitchen, with sleek, contemporary touches such beautiful feature lighting, within a timelessly elegant palette of soft, powdery greys and solid timber furnishings. Every detail has been thoughtfully covered, whilst the Aga sets the right tone for a country retreat. For more formal dining, the separate dining room offers a striking, distinguished room of impressive proportions with a dining table for fourteen, set within soft aqua tones, original fireplace and sumptuously regal decor. The adults will enjoy spending evening downtime with a gin and tonic in the cosy snug with its wood-burning fire, soft fabrics and cosy furnishings.
The bedrooms are gracefully opulent, offering magnificent proportions, ample natural light and the thematic muted yet playful tones: soft mustards, aqua, dove greys and cool poster art. Scandinavian style furniture blends with original features in an artfully renovated home. The unique spirit of gorgeous architecture remains, along with sleek contemporary finishes: marble walk-in shower rooms, designer lighting and vibrant-toned fabrics.
The delightfully enchanting Emley Woodhouse is a wonderful choice for a country home away from home. Many visitors are attracted by the wealth of nearby attractions including historic houses to visit such as Nostell, East Riddlesden Hall and the Marsden Moor Estate. Along with the fabulous Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Hepworth museum and Kirklees Light Railway perfect for a family day out. Emley Woodhouse is both an idealistic weekend retreat for those wishing to escape to the country, and an ideal base for longer breaks to explore the wonders of Yorkshire.
Emley Woodhouse Interior
- Fully equipped stylish kitchen with fridge, freezer, Aga, induction hob, microwave, radio and dishwasher. There is a breakfast table with seating for 8 guests.
- Living room which offer stunning views over the garden and surrounding countryside. There are 3 large comfortable sofas, a coffee table and TV. The room is perfect for children located just off the kitchen with plenty of board games, children's books and toys available.
- Dining room, stylish dining room located at the front of the house with large table seating up to 14 guests
- Snug, A cosy room with a wood burning fire, TV, comfortable seating including a single sofa bed (suitable for 1 adult)
- Garden Room: Kingsize Bed plus one large single sofa bed
- Cloakroom with WC and washbasin
- Utility room with washing machine, dryer and additional storage.
- Boot room with plenty of space for muddy boots and an additional fridge.
- Master Bedroom: One Emperor size bed plus one single sofa bed
- Pink Room: One Emperor Bed
- Rainbow Room: One Emperor Bed
- Blue Room: One Super Kingsize Bed plus one large single sofa bed
- Twin Room: Two twin beds
- Kid's Room: Triple bunk (3 children or 2 adults) and a single bed
- Family Bathroom 1, with large free standing bath tub, shower and WC
- Family Bathroom 2, Bath tub, shower, WC and double washbasins
- Family bathroom 3, Walk-in shower, WC, double washbasins
The house sleeps up to 17 adults, however, this means that there are three bedrooms sleeping three guests. The truckle bed can easily be set up elsewhere as required. Please ask in advance if you would like to move the sofa-beds/ truckle beds to a different room and we will accommodate if possible.
- Spacious garden filled with different areas of beautiful planted flowers and apple trees
- Herb garden
- The garden has stunning views onto open fields
- Garden furniture available in spring and summer months
- Large gas barbecue
- Children's area with climbing frame, trampoline and small sandpit. There are football goals with balls in the lower paddock.
- The garden gate opens onto a charming footpath that leads to a nearby steam and woods
Emley is a village in West Yorkshire, nestled between Huddersfield and Wakefield, in the Kirklees district. The village dates back to Anglo-Saxon times. West Yorkshire's rugged attractions are rich with cultural heritage, industrial history and elegant spa towns.
Whether it be riding, hiking, or birdwatching, the wonderful West Yorkshire moors are a preserved enclave of natural beauty. Should it be a “pies and puddings” cookery course, a day at the spa, or a trip to Yorkshire Sculpture Park (a leading international centre for contemporary sculpture), everyone's needs can be met!
Barnsley Museum and Discovery Centre is dedicated to the people and history of Barnsley, whilst the National Coal Mining Museum for England is a unique place where the history of mining over several centuries is preserved both above and below ground.
One of the North's leading holistic health and wellbeing spas, Alexandra House is tucked away on the outskirts of Huddersfield - the spa is housed in a historic building that has been restored to provide a stunning wellness retreat.
Cannon Hall is a stunning Georgian country home and museum, set in seventy acres of historic parkland and beautiful landscaped gardens.
Yorkshire, the largest county in the UK, is world-renowned for its food culture; from the foodie paradise that is York's cafe lined streets, many famous delicacies have emerged from this corner of the UK: Wensleydale cheese, Yorkshire pudding of course - the famous Yorkie chocolate bar, as well as rhubarb, ginger beer and licqorice.
Fittingly, there is an array of farm shops close to Emley Woodhouse and excellent pubs and restaurants. Our pick would be Blacker Hall Farm shop, and the Woodmen Inn which provides warm open fires and live music!
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 13 reviews for their other properties.
Outside this chateau in Denby Dale, EnglandThis chateau has a barbecue.
Prices and availability
Updated 21 September 2020
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 23 September - 1 October 2020: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 2 October - 15 October 2020: changeover days are Thursday and Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 16 October - 20 December 2020: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 December 2020 - 7 January 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 8 January - 20 May 2021: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 May - 30 May 2021: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 31 May - 19 December 2021: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 20 December 2021 - 21 March 2022: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
7 bedrooms, Sleeps 17
Central heating, Open fire
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 42 bookings
Response rate: 92%
Response time: within 17 hours
Last seen: 8 hours ago
Number of properties: over 1,000