Berry Wood Barn
Cottage with 6 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms in Crucorney, Wales
From £1,703 per week
Cottage to rent in Crucorney, Wales
This unique stone Barn has been cleverly created by joining 2 beautiful old barns that have been thoughtfully and lovingly renovated. This ideal Welsh getaway offers a warm.
Share this holiday home
Cottage overview - owner's description
This unique stone Barn has been cleverly created by joining 2 beautiful old barns that have been thoughtfully and lovingly renovated. This ideal Welsh getaway offers a warm, welcoming and light atmosphere throughout.
The Barn whilst be perfectly situated in the peace and quiet of the Monmouthshire countryside boast all mod con and comforts readily available including underfloor heating throughout, handmade curtains to make the barn cosy in the evenings when the fire is lit and many antiques and lovely pictures providing a homely feel.
The kitchen is a large light filled room linking the two barns. There is an antique table which comfortably seating for 12, a Lacanche range with 2 ovens and 5 rings on the hob, a dishwasher and a butler's sink. A few steps up from the kitchen is the sitting room with a large open fireplace, comfortable sofa and chairs and French windows that open onto the courtyard. There are book shelves stacked with lots of books for young and old to curl up with on a rainy day by the fire.
The bedrooms have been carefully designed to offer a calming and stylish stay. The luxurious master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with a roll top bath and two basins, French windows open onto its own terrace with a table and chairs and stunning views. There are 5 additional bedrooms. Four bedrooms have super king size beds and one bedroom has two large singles all of which have Egyptian cotton bed linen.
Outside you can marvel at the Black Mountains, best enjoyed on a summers evening with a glass of something chilled on the terrace or frolic in the 3.5 acres of land surrounding the house. This is a beautiful property to explore the local area and enjoy activities while being able to relax and unwind in comfortable surroundings.
- Kitchen: Large and fully equipped kitchen. The kitchen has a Lacanche electric range with 2 ovens and 5 rings on the hob, fridge, freezer (in the cortyard) and microwave available. There is massive French dining table and chairs with plenty of space for twelve guests and two sets of French doors that open onto the courtyard.
- Drawing room with open fire, elegant furniture and French windows that open onto the courtyard
- Sitting room with glass roof, huge U-shaped sofa and wood burning stove (new for March 2020)
- Playroom/den with huge sofa, large tv, dvd, wi-fi and Sky Sports
From the sitting room, stairs lead up to
- Bedroom 1: Super king-size bed (which can be made into twins by request at the time of booking)
- Bedroom 2: Super king-size beds (which can be made into twins by request at the time of booking)
- Family bathroom: With shower, toilet, hand basin, has a white clawfoot bath, tiled floor and tiles and black and white photographic portraits.
Downstairs and up a second set of stair you will a further 3 bedrooms.
- Bedroom 3: The master bedroom has super-king size bed, en-suite bathroom with roll top bath, two basins and French doors leading to private terrace. There is an interconnecting door to bedroom 4
- Bedroom 4: This is an adjoin room to the master bedroom with a cot and single bed
- Bedroom 5: Super king-size beds (which can be made into twins by request at the time of booking)
- Bedroom 6: Super king-size beds (which can be made into twins by request at the time of booking)
- Bathroom: bathroom with a shower and claw footed bath
- The house is set within 3.5 acres of land, there is a flat grass lawn called the football pitch and a trampoline
- BBQ and garden furniture available in the summer months
- Table tennis
Berry Wood Barn is one of the most spectacularly positioned houses in the Llantony valley in the Black Mountains.
Perched high on Hatterall Ridge in the Brecon Beacons National Park, the views from the barn are truly breathtaking. Stand at the kitchen window and the valley sweeps away before you towards Hay on Wye.
Although you are in the middle of nowhere with only sheep for neighbours, Abergavenny is only 15 minutes drive away and Hereford is 20 mins.
Enjoy the best of welsh cuisine at the Michelin starred, Walnut Tree Inn, is just a few miles away, as is The Hardwick Restaurant with its Michelin starred chef, Stephen Terry, or try the Bell at Skenfrith for a delicious Sunday lunch. Alternatively for a more low key meal the Queen's Head just down the hill or the The Skirrid Inn are great options. If you're bringing your best friend along we'd recommend The Crown at Pantygelli for pet friendly pub lunches.
- Walking: You can walk directly from the barn or drive a short way to find many fantastic walks.
- Riding: At Llantony Abbey there is a pony trekking centre where you can do half a day or a whole day riding in the hills. Within 10 minutes drive from the barn there is a riding stables with very good teachers and horses.
- Shooting: There is clay pigeon shooting ten minutes from the barn as well as a shooting school about 45 minutes drive from the barn.
- Bird Watching: On Hatterall Hill, 5 minutes from the barn, there are Red Kites and many other beautiful birds.
- Hang Gliding: Many people love to jump off the hills around us and hang glide when the wind is blowing in the right direction.
- Climbing, Zip Wires and Sailing: There is a climbing wall for children (useful on a wet day!), zip wires, riding and a lake to sail on at a local Activity Centre.
Places to Visit
- The Big Pit
- Forest Of Dean
- Brecon Canals
- Brecon Mountain Railway
This cottage does not have any reviews but the agent has 13 reviews for their other properties.
This cottage is:
Outside this cottage in Crucorney, WalesThis cottage has a barbecue.
Prices and availability
Updated 16 January 2021
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 16 January - 25 March 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 26 March - 15 April 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 16 April - 20 May 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 May - 3 June 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 4 June - 16 December 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 17 December 2021 - 6 January 2022: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 7 January - 24 March 2022: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 25 March - 14 April 2022: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 15 April - 19 May 2022: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 20 May - 2 June 2022: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 3 June - 16 July 2022: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
6 bedrooms, Sleeps 11
DVD/Blu-ray player, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 43 bookings
Response rate: 88%
Response time: within 16 hours
Last seen: 2 days ago
Number of properties: over 1,000