Chateau with 10 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms in Criccieth, Wales
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £2,901 per week
Chateau to rent in Criccieth, Wales
Treat yourselves to a peaceful and tranquil break in this luxurious ten bedroom, C16th country house. The house sits snugly in the mountainous area of Snowdonia, North Wales.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
Treat yourselves to a peaceful and tranquil break in this luxurious ten bedroom, C16th country house. The house sits snugly in the mountainous area of Snowdonia, North Wales, just a short walk from the sandy delights of the Llyn Peninsula and the bustling seaside town of Criccieth.
Gwynedd House offers large group accommodation, either on a self-catering basis or with in-house catering. Local activities range from golf to surfing.
Sleeping up to twenty-one guests, this south facing, fantastic house is set in seven acres of garden and woodlands and is perfect for large parties wanting to celebrate a special occasion!
Over 400 years old, this country home was once the home of the family of Lloyd George, the Liberal Prime Minister, in the late 1900s. More recently the property has been used as a lovely country hotel.
Set in seven acres of land, there is more than enough space for the whole family to enjoy! The gardens have been beautifully maintained, the seating area is the perfect spot to relax with a glass of Pimms amongst the beautiful azaleas, hydreangea and roses, while watching your loved ones enjoy a game of tennis! On a warm Summer's evening there is nowhere better to be than on the terrace watching the sunset while making use of the barbecue and dining al fresco.
Spring, summer, autumn or winter, Gwynedd House welcomes you year round!
- Bedroom 1 has a four-poster bed, and a modern bathroom fitted with a steam room that seats two. The bedroom has a view over the sea and garden.
- Bedroom 2 has a convenient zip-and-link bed. It is spacious with chaise-lounge, and modern bathroom with solid cherry and granite fittings, bath and shower.
- There is an adjoining door to Room 3 with full-size bunk beds which can form a spacious Family Room.
- Bedroom 4 has twin occupancy, and is fitted with a new bathroom equipped with a large walk-in shower.
- Bedroom 5 is a double bedroom – an adjoining single room has enough room for a travel cot. There is an en-suite stylish bathroom with large walk-in shower. The bedroom overlooks the drive and gardens.
- Bedroom 6 is a twin bedroom, fitted with a bath and over-bath shower. The room has a view of the walled gardens and woods.
- Bedroom 7 is a double bedroom, fitted with a bath and over-bath shower. The room has a view of Lane and Gardens.
- Bedroom 8 is a double bedroom, with a new bathroom, comprising of large walk-in shower, toilet and basin. The room has a view of the walled garden and woods.
- Bedroom 9 is a totally refurbished double room, with new bathroom and fittings. It can also be used with Room 10, which has bunk beds and new fixtures of a sea-side theme.
- Roaring log fires aid winter pleasures, including billiards, table tennis, many board games, and movies on the projector TV/DVD screen.
Games Room and Lounge
Enjoy a relaxing evening watching a film from our DVD selection on the projector screen, or take on the family with a competitive game of pool, table tennis or even Monopoly! From traditional board games, to poker or pool, Gwynedd House offers:
- Full-size table tennis
- Pool table
- Lots of board games, cards and poker chips
- Chess table
- Cricket bats and balls
- Rounders equipment
- Webber gas barbeque
In the drowsy warmth of summer, relax in seven acres of gardens, among the azaelea, hydreangea and roses, while enjoying sun-sparkling views across Cardigan Bay to Snowdonia beyond.
Children love the freedom to play riotous games of football, rugby and cricket, or simply ride the tree swings, and play with the cat, dog, ponies and chickens. Outdoor amenities include:
- Hard-weather tennis court, with views down to Cardigan Bay.
- 4 x basic tennis rackets available. Please bring your own tennis balls.
- The spacious grounds can be transformed into 'The Oval' for an afternoon game of cricket, 'The Olympic Stadium' for an energetic decathlon or 'La Place de L'hotel de Ville' for a relaxing game of boules. All the equipment is provided.
From your luxurious base at Gwynedd House, enjoy the best that North Wales has to offer:
The house is a stone's throw from Criccieth Golf Club (with special prices for golfing parties staying at the house). Other local golf clubs include Nefyn, Pwllheli, St David's, and Porthmadog. Oliver's VIP concierge team can arrange tee times for you, plus a 10% discount. Maximum golfing parties: 10 (single occupancy), or up to 18 sharing.
- Portmeirion Village & Gardens
- Festiniog Railway - Welsh Highland Railways
- Lloyd George Museum
- Caernarfon Castle
- Conwy Castle
From the longest zipwire in the world to Bounce Below, a huge subterranean playground, Zip World is located on 3 sites in Wales and offers adrenalin-fuelled experiences for all ages.
a) Penrhyn Quarry Bethesda (Velocity and Quarry Tour)
b) Zip World Forest at Betws y Coed (Zip Safari, Plummet and Skyride)
c) Slate Caverns Blaenau Ffestiniog (Titan, Bounce Below and Caverns)
Lon Eifion Cycle Route
This scenic route from Caernarfon to Bryncir runs alongside the Welsh Highland Railway and offers wonderful views of Caernarfon Bay and Snowdonia.
A revolutionary world-first inland surf lagoon roughly the size of six football pitches, set in the lush, green Conwy Valley in the lee of the Snowdonia mountains.
Bear Grylls Dragon Raiders Activity Park
Survival academy, paintball park and Segway adventures based in the heart of north Wales.
Pen Llyn Lusitano Stud and Riding Centre
Trekking, stable days, beach rides and lessons from the leading Lusitano stud in the UK.
Porth Neigwl (Hells Mouth) – West Coast Surf
Hells Mouth Surf School offers quality, fully qualified, insured and regulated surf school on the Peninsula since 1996 and have helped thousands of people with their first surfing experience.
Coed y Brenin not only has miles of exceptional singletrack for experienced and expert riders, but also great family and intermediate trails for all abilities. Bring your own or hire a bike.
Antur Stiniog Downhill Trails
Stiniog offers six fantastic downhill mtb trails, graded blue to black and the best mountain bike uplift service in the UK. Also offered is mountain bike coaching to riders of all levels, from beginner to expert; from trail riders to downhill racers.
Abersoch Sailing School
Sailing and powerboat lessons, sea kayaks, paddle boards, pedalos and ringo rides. Equipment available to hire.
Click here to find out more!
Go Karting, Quad Biking, Wakeboarding, Ten Pin Bowling and a Soft Play Centre (and much much more!). Homemade food is served all day. Admission and Parking is FREE!
Redline Indoor Karting
Groups and individuals are catered for, from absolute beginners to corporate hospitality events - all under the expert supervision of fully trained staff.
Beacon Climbing Centre
The largest indoor climbing centre in North Wales, welcoming all climbers and offering a full range of indoor climbing from relatively easy challenges for those new to the sport to fiendishly difficult climbs capable of testing the best climbers around.
Walking in Snowdonia
Snowdon itself, is obviously the prime destination for many with 6 popular routes to the summit of varying difficulties, but endless other walking routes around Snowdonia and the Llyn.
Dwyfor Health and Nordic Walks
Nordic Walking Taster sessions from the grounds of Mynydd Ednyfed to guided 6 hour walks further afield.
Shearwater Coastal Cruises
Specialising in scenic coastal cruises, visiting off-shore seal and seabird colonies where you can usually see and are regularly joined by the resident dolphins.
Recommended Food & Drink
- Ty-Coch Inn
- Dylan's Restaurant Criccieth
What takes your fancy? There's archery, golf, rifle shooting – or perhaps, awaiting your arrival, you'd like to book a delicious starter hamper (all produce sourced from suppliers within a 15 mile radius).
Whatever it may be, the owners are on hand to make sure that your stay at Gwynedd House is both enjoyable and memorable. So much so that you will return time and time again – no matter the weather or the season.
Choose from in-house archery, rifle shooting, boules and tennis. Oliver's VIP Concierge Team can also organise group bookings for golf (tee-off times and a 10% discount), clay-pigeon shooting and boat trips to mystical Bardsey island.
Bob Valentine – The Shooting School, in Llanbedrog offers both traditional and clay-pigeon shoots for groups (minimum eight people). Criccieth also offers tennis, nine-hole golf course, sea angling, swimming and surfing.
Groups can either book on a self-catering basis, or with in-house catering with an accomplished chef. Extra 'add ons' include a summer welcome hamper, or hot tasty winter dinner waiting for you in the Aga. The chef can cater to all your culinary needs, from a tasty three-course dinner, to a simple, fresh buffet, or a wonderful summer BBQ, all with locally sourced Welsh produce.
If you choose to self-cater, the well-equipped luxury kitchen includes two fan-assisted ovens, a microwave oven/grill, a wonderful Aga, and a convenient deep-fat fryer. The owner also includes mixes, spices, condiments – and access to their fragrant herb garden.
Housekeeping can be arranged at time of booking: Kitchen £12.00, Bedroom/en-suite £8.00, Lounge/Dining Room £10.00.
Carys Wyn Alhoff-Roberts offers a range of holistic therapies in the Oasis Treatment Room at the house. The treatment room is located in the old stables. Therapies include Reiki, Indian Head Massage, Aromatherapy, Swedish massage, Reflexology and a range of facials.
To arrange any of these services, contact Oliver's VIP Concierge Team.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Criccieth, WalesThis chateau has a tennis court.
Prices and availability
Updated 19 July 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 21 July - 30 August 2018: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 31 August 2018 - 18 July 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 19 July - 29 August 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 30 August 2019 - 3 January 2025: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
10 bedrooms, Sleeps 20
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi
Central heating, Open fire
Hen or stag groups, Pets