6 Portinode Cottages (with Access To Private Berth & Free Wi-fi)
Cottage with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms in Co Fermanagh, United Kingdom
Booking cost: £0.00
From £308 per week
Luxurious, well equipped, 3 bedroom cottage with NITB 4 Star Rating. Located on the beautiful shores of lower Lough Erne. Fantastic views over the lake. Access to on site private jetty. Free wifi.
This modern, fully equipped property is part of a small development of traditionally designed, detached bungalows (10 in total). They are set in a quiet location at the bottom of a private lane on the tranquil northern shores of the Lower Lough. The properties share a private marina on the lakeshore. Cottage number 6 is surrounded by its own open gardens and enjoys wonderful views across the lake.
The attractive little village of Kesh is located some 3 miles to the south east. It offers several food shops, pubs, cafes and restaurants, a petrol station, bank, post-office and an off-licence. Excellent dining is also available close by at the restaurant on Lusty Beg island, which may be reached by a short car ferry ride.
6 Portinode Cottages has a Northern Ireland Tourist Board 4 star rating, and is suitable for a wide range of guests, from families to couples. It has 3 separate bedrooms. The master bedroom has an en suite bathroom with wc and electric shower. It also has patio doors offering views of the lake. The second bedroom has a double bed, while the third has a set of bunk beds. The main bathroom has a bath.
The kitchen is attractively designed and has all modern conveniences, while the utility room includes a washer / drier. The dining room has a large table with eight chairs, and leads into the living room. Although the property is centrally heated, an open fire provides an extra sense of cosiness during cooler evenings.
The Wider Locality
Portinode provides an excellent base from which to visit the many attractions of the beautiful Fermanagh Lakeland, and the nearby, spectacular coastline of Donegal, with its wide expanses of unspoilt beaches, sheer cliff faces and crashing Atlantic rollers. Fermanagh is also well endowed with numerous sites of historic interest, such as Plantation castles and National Trust owned stately properties, and ancient monasteries and round towers. The county is also first class for a wide range of water sports.
5 verified reviews
5 out of 5 people recommend staying here
Idealic location on the lake with fantastic views, unfortunatley no one there to meet us on check-in and the key was just left hidden for us, creating an uncomfortable feeling should there have been any damage from the previous inhabitants on which we could have been blamed. This was played out as the patio doors would not close properly after being opened unless someone went outside and pushed them. The oven works well enough but through use all its markings have worn off the dials, so setting the temperature is a bit of a guessing game. The dishwasher was simiar, it works well enough but leaks when on. We had been asked by the owner not to arrive until 4pm as the cottage was being cleaned but unfortunatley not to a very high standard, again nothing serious but cobwebs and dirty windows which obviously hadnt been leaned in some time. These are all minor issues which can be easily fixed though, it is a fantatic cottage in a beautiful location, there are plenty of little touches wich make it very homely e.g. crockery, DVD, books etc and I would recommend it to my friends.
Really lovely property far exceeded our expextations and also very well equipped. The location was far enough away from the bright lights for a relaxing and peaceful break, but yet close enough to many attractions such as national trust properties, beautiful walks, restaurants and the also never too far away from Enniskillen, Donegal and Sligo.
Absolutely great cottage beautifully decorated-excellent location. We were delighted to be warmly greeted by the renters upon arrival.Although there is lots to see and do in the immediate area (Kesh, Enniskillen, Belleek) with access to a car, "day-trips" to both Donegal and Sligo counties are very manageable and highly recommended. A great holiday indeed!
Excellent property and we were very well look after. Accomodation was to a very high standard. Location very good and surrounding area very beautiful.
14 other reviews
1 - 14 of 14
Distances to locations
Sights and attractions
Prices and availability
Updated 1 September 2016
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 1 September - 16 December 2016: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 17 December - 31 December 2016: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 6 January - 6 January 2017: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 9 February - 17 February 2017: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 10 March - 10 March 2017: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 29 March - 12 April 2017: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 13 April - 13 April 2017: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 14 April - 30 May 2017: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 1 June - 30 June 2017: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 July - 29 August 2017: bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 31 August - 31 August 2017: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 1 September - 16 December 2017: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 17 December - 31 December 2017: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 6 January - 6 January 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 9 February - 17 February 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 28 March - 12 April 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 13 April - 13 April 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 14 April - 30 May 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 31 May - 30 June 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 July - 30 August 2018: bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 31 August - 31 August 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 1 September - 16 December 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 17 December - 31 December 2018: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 6 January - 6 January 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 9 February - 17 February 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 29 March - 12 April 2019: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 14 April - 30 May 2019: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 1 June - 30 June 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 July - 29 August 2019: bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Late booking discounts
- Receive 10% off if the booking is made within 7 days of the arrival date.
Long stay discounts
- Receive 10% off if the booking is for 14 days or more.
If more than one discount matches your arrival date, please be aware that only one discount of the highest amount will be applied to your booking.
3 bedrooms, Sleeps 6:
- 1 double bed and en suite
- 1 double bed
- 1 single bed
There is also 1 cot
1 bathroom, 1 en suite bathroom, 2 Separate WC's
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WI-FI, Radio, TV Languages in English, Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 6, Dining area seats 6, Central heating, Open fire, Clothes drier, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire essential
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Barbecue, Outside lighting, Parking, Private garden
The property is located on the shores of Lough Erne and enjoys beautiful views of nearby Hare Island and the open lough beyond. BBQ and patio furniture are available. It is surrounded by an extensive, open garden area and has its own jetty. Baby cot and high chair are also available.
Private Owner From La Preneuse, Mauritius Member since Mar 2007
Past bookings: 17 bookings
Response rate: 100%
Response time: within 18 hours
Last logged in: 24 days ago
Number of properties: 1