Chateau with 7 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and private pool in Chagford, England
From £6,287 per week
Chateau to rent in Chagford, England
Puggiestone is an exquisite country manor house boasting magnificent bucolic views from its elevated position on the outskirts of the gorgeous up market village of Chagford within the popular.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
Puggiestone is an exquisite country manor house boasting magnificent bucolic views from its elevated position on the outskirts of the gorgeous up market village of Chagford within the popular Dartmoor National Park. An elegant contemporary style has been achieved by combining hip and elegant minimalist decor with stylish flooring complimented by high quality furnishings throughout.
Entering through the classical front door you are immediately enthralled by the lengthy and cleverly designed hallway which leads through to the delightfully airy and spacious living room. Comfortable soft furnishings abound, and the configuration is set up to showcase the incredible vista afforded from the large glass sliding doors leading out to both the beautifully manicured gardens and an attractive courtyard with seating and adjacent to the indoor pool house. The large open plan kitchen / diner is luxuriously equipped, and a cleverly designed wall to ceiling glass corner allows gorgeous views out over the garden. We are sure that many an hour will be spent here admiring the views whilst rustling up your meals. The 7 eye-catching bedrooms are all designed and furnished to the highest of standards, with the master en suite bedroom boasting its own dressing area, bath tub, shower and twin hand basins.
Appealing and attractive, the outdoor areas are equally extravagant and are sure to be the focal point of your stay here, with a vast expanse of woodland, a lengthy stretch of the river Teign with private fishing rights and acres upon acres of lovely tended grass to play on. There is plenty of space for alfresco dining with a barbecue area conveniently located close to the lovely outdoor seating area, making for long, sociable and fun evenings under the unpolluted sky. For those visiting in the warmer months of the year, we are sure that the shed (tree house!) will become a popular place to chill out in the late afternoon/early evening, with its floor to ceiling glass windows and wrap-around decked balcony making you feel like you are in the tree tops. This has to be the most perfect spot for a relaxing G&T and a chat with good friends. The inviting indoor private swimming pool with sauna, seating and TV can be found in the glass fronted pool house to one side of the colourful courtyard. We are sure that many an early morning will be spent here burning the calories before another day of over indulgence! Within the gorgeous village of Chagford there is a great choice of country pubs to wine and dine including a michelin starred restaurant, all within walking distance. Puggiestone is sure to become a firm favourite amongst our most discerning of clientele.
** We highly recommend taking advantage of the special introductory rates for Puggiestone House, this really is a very special country retreat.
Good news! This property is available as a Vill'otelYey! Wait… what is that?
It's the perfect combo of the privacy of your own personal villa, with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel. What's included?
Breakfast, cleaning, welcome drinks and hamper, plus more! Check the Extras tab for all the details.
- Living room with large flat screen TV, playstation 4 bar and French sliding doors leading out to the garden
- Kitchen/diner/day room with electric oven and induction hob, large fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, Nespresso machine, large flat screen TV and table for 6 and table for 4
- Dining room for 10 guests
- Library with fireplace
- Twin bedroom
- Double bedroom with en suite shower room
- Double suite/bedroom with dressing area, en suite bathroom and separate shower cubicle
- Bathroom with shower
- Double bedroom with doors to small private balcony
- Double bedroom
- Twin bedroom
- Shower room
- Double bedroom with en suite shower room
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble drier, Iron board and iron
- Swimming pool (14m x 5m) with roman steps and corner children's section
The Shed (tree house!)
- Chill out area with wrap around decked balcony offering stunning ‘tree top' views of the surrounding gardens
- Small kitchenette (for making drinks)
- Toilet and shower
- Private lawned gardens
- Private woodland with fishing rights
- Fish pond (carp's)
- Lilly pond
- 2 portable barbeque
- Parking available in the courtyard area (parking on the grass area is prohibited)
Located in the lovely Devon countryside, within the popular Dartmoor National Park, Puggiestone House is the ideal house for an up market and comfortable stay with groups of friends or family get together's.
Good news! For a little extra, This property is available as a Vill'otelWith a vill'otel holiday, you can enjoy all these services throughout your stay:
- Daily breakfast
- Daily maid service
- Deluxe welcome hamper with local delicacies
- Welcome drinks for your group
- Fridge-stocking service
- Private chef serviceInterested?
If you'd like to book the Vill'otel serviced option, contact us on for a tailor-made quote! Typical costs range between £100-£250 per person per week dependent on requirements.
Please note that all services are subject to availability and must be requested at the time of booking.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 13 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Chagford, EnglandThis chateau has a pool, a barbecue and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 17 February 2020
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 20 February - 26 March 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 27 March - 12 April 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 13 April - 2 July 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 3 July - 6 September 2020: changeover days are Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 7 September - 16 October 2020: changeover days are Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 17 October 2020 - 25 March 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 26 March - 16 April 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 17 April - 28 May 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 29 May - 2 July 2021: changeover days are Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 3 July - 17 August 2021: changeover days are Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
7 bedrooms, Sleeps 14
Private pool with electric heating
Central heating, Open fire
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 39 bookings
Response rate: 91%
Response time: within 22 hours
Last seen: 6 minutes ago
Number of properties: over 1,000