Cottage with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms in Campden & Vale, England
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £1,330 per week
Cottage to rent in Campden & Vale, England
Cottage overview - owner's description
This exquisite wisteria covered townhouse is located in the heart of one of the Cotworld most beloved and renowned towns Chipping Campden.
This exquisite wisteria covered townhouse is located in the heart of one of the Cotworld most beloved and renowned towns Chipping Campden. Notable for its honey-coloured limestone which is synonymous with the area, elegant terraced high street and stunning surrounding countryside.
The house is conveniently located at one end of the High Street, whilst still retaining plenty of country charm. It benefits from being in easy reach of a superb selection of Traditional inns, specialist shops, delicatessens, bakeries and delicious restaurants. Not to mention the close proximity to the nearby towns of Stow-on-the-Wold, Broadway, Burford and Shakespeare's Stratford.
Inside this surprising Grade II listed Georgian townhouse you will uncover a seamless and sophisticated mix of cutting edge contemporary design blended with period features. Decorated with sensitivity and historical understanding the house is filled with antique furniture and high quality fixtures and fittings. The soft lighting, Farrow & Ball colour scheme and choice of fabric throughout all contribute to the elegant, welcoming and relaxing environment. Making it a wonderful home from home for any guests.
Wisteria House can comfortably accommodate six guests in three luxurious bedrooms located on the first floor. Two of the bedrooms offer charming views onto the secluded courtyard with topiary. Whilst the master bedroom is beautifully appointed with a freestanding roll top bath and marble fireplace.
The modern family bathroom with rain-head shower, steel bathtub and bespoke vanity cabinet with porcelain bowl and Perrin & Rowe taps offers a modern twist.
The ground floor comprises of the spacious and stylish sitting room ideal for cosying up by the fine lime stone fire. A television with Sky Plus, DVD player and iPod docking station are all available during your stay.
The piece de resistance must undoubtedly be the kitchen with it superb frameless glass extension leading onto the courtyard garden. Natural daylight floods the room and highlights the old stone archway connecting to the dining area.
This truly unique house
- Entrance with flagstone hallway and soft lighting
- The sitting room offer a charming view onto the village of Chipping Camden through the cream contemporary plantation shutters. The room has been elegantly decorated with a serene and sophisticated colour scheme. The limestone fireplace ideal for the winter months is surrounded by antique painting, elegant light fitting and comfortable seating. Whilst the television with Sky Plus, DVD player and iPod docking station cater to all your entertainment needs.
- Stylish extended kitchen is a bright and airy space with modern frameless glass on two sides overlooking the perfectly formed courtyard garden. The kitchen offers all modern convinces including a dishwasher, microwave oven, hob, fridge, freezer, coffee machine. The adjoining dining area via the old stone archway is the perfect position for a sunny breakfast.
- The main dining area boasts a second fireplace, flagstone floor and a round table ideal of initiate gatherings. The French doors can be opened while entertaining in the summer months and lead directly onto the garden.
- Utility room with washer dryer and additional fridge freezer
- Cloakroom with WC and washbasin
There are three bedrooms located on the first floor:
- Master bedroom: The spacious master bedroom suite is an enchanting and unique space with a marble fireplace, freestanding roll top bath, seating area , antique furniture and a king size bed. There is an en suite shower with limestone floor.
- Bedroom 2: Overlooking the courtyard garden the room has an antique French double bed and built in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 3: Double bed and a TV with SKY plus available. The room also looks out onto the courtyard garden
- Family bathroom with rain-head shower, steel bathtub and bespoke vanity cabinet with porcelain bowl and Perrin & Rowe taps.
The exquisitely private courtyard garden acts as a wonderful suntrap to relax in. You can marvel at the impressive wisteria, topiary and lovely selection of potted plants.
Wisteria House is located in the beautiful sought after of Chipping Campden. Famed for the iconic honey-coloured limestone High Street, dating from the 14th - 17th century. This remarkable town is steep in history, having been the centre of wool trading back in the Middle Ages. Today it is filled a unique and enchanting atmosphere offering an abundant selection of old inns, specialist shops, delicatessens, bakeries and delicious restaurants.
The house is also within easy reach of the nearby towns of Stow-on-the-Wold, Broadway, Burford and Shakespeare's Stratford!
- Horse-back riding: Stanton, 8km
- Water-sports: Cirencester, 47km
- Fishing: Evesham, 15km
- Hiking: Walking distance
- Canoeing/ Kayaking: Symond's Yat, 84km
- Historical Sites: Walking distance
- Wine-tasting tours: Newent, 65km
- Mountain-biking: Forest of Dean, 50km
- Cycling: Bourton-on-the-Water, 22km
- Hunting: Various within 10km
- Cinema: 15km
- Theatre: 19km
- River boat hire: 15km
This cottage does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This cottage is:
Prices and availability
Updated 23 April 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 23 April 2018 - 2 January 2025: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
3 bedrooms, Sleeps 6